- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 806891, 8 pages
Mesenchymal Stem Cell-Based Tissue Engineering for Chondrogenesis
Department of Biotechnology, The Catholic University of Korea, Bucheon 420-743, Republic of Korea
Received 7 June 2011; Revised 19 July 2011; Accepted 12 August 2011
Academic Editor: Herman S. Cheung
Copyright © 2011 Seogjin Seo and Kun Na. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- T. Glimm, D. Headon, and M. A. Kiskowski, “Computational and mathematical models of chondrogenesis in vertebrate limbs,” Birth Defects Research Part C-Embryo Today-Reviews, vol. 96, no. 2, pp. 176–192, 2012.
- Andreas Schmitt, Martijn van Griensven, Andreas B. Imhoff, and Stefan Buchmann, “Application of Stem Cells in Orthopedics,” Stem Cells International, vol. 2012, pp. 1–11, 2012.
- Francesca Veronesi, Melania Maglio, Matilde Tschon, Nicolò Nicoli Aldini, and Milena Fini, “ Adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells for cartilage tissue engineering: State-of-the-art in in vivo studies ,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A, 2013.
- Benjamin Holmes, Nathan J Castro, Jian Li, Michael Keidar, and Lijie Grace Zhang, “Enhanced human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cell functions in novel 3D cartilage scaffolds with hydrogen treated multi-walled carbon nanotubes,” Nanotechnology, vol. 24, no. 36, pp. 365102, 2013.
- C. A. Brohem, C. M. de Carvalho, C. L. Radoski, F. C. Santi, M. C. Baptista, B. B. Swinka, C. de A. Urban, L. R. R. de Araujo, R. M. Graf, I. H. S. Feferman, and M. Lorencini, “Comparison between fibroblasts and mesenchymal stem cells derived from dermal and adipose tissue,” International Journal of Cosmetic Science, 2013.
- Karl F.B. Payne, Indran Balasundaram, Sanjukta Deb, Lucy Di Silvio, and Kathleen F.M. Fan, “Tissue engineering technology and its possible applications in oral and maxillofacial surgery,” British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 2013.
- Daikelly Iglesias Braghirolli, Daniela Steffens, Kerlin Quintiliano, Gerson Arisoly Xavier Acasigua, Douglas Gamba, Roland A. Fleck, Cesar L. Petzhold, and Patricia Pranke, “ The effect of sterilization methods on electronspun poly(lactide- co -glycolide) and subsequent adhesion efficiency of mesenchymal stem cells ,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part B: Applied Biomaterials, 2013.
- Yimin Song, Zheng Wei, Chun Song, Shanshan Xie, Jinfa Feng, Jiehou Fan, Zengling Zhang, and Yubo Shi, “Simulated Microgravity Combined with Polyglycolic Acid Scaffold Culture Conditions Improves the Function of Pancreatic Islets,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–7, 2013.