- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 807929, 8 pages
Comparison of Cell Proliferation, Protein, and Glucose Metabolism in Musculoskeletal Tumors in a PET Study
1Department of Nuclear Medicine, Second Affiliated Hospital of Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310009, China
2Department of Nuclear Medicine and Diagnostic Radiology, Gunma University School of Medicine, Maebashi, Gunma 371-8511, Japan
3The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
4Zhejiang University Medical PET Center, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310058, China
5The Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging of Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310009, China
6Key Laboratory of Medical Molecular Imaging of Zhejiang Province, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310009, China
Received 29 December 2010; Revised 19 March 2011; Accepted 25 March 2011
Academic Editor: Zhen Cheng
Copyright © 2011 Mei Tian et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Jadvar, S. Gamie, L. Ramanna, and P. S. Conti, “Musculoskeletal system,” Seminars in Nuclear Medicine, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 254–261, 2004.
- K. L. Verstraete, H. J. VanderWoude, P. C. Hogendoorn, Y. DeDeene, M. Kunnen, and J. L. Bloem, “Dynamic contrast-enhanced MR imaging of musculoskeletal tumors: basic principles and clinical applications,” Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, vol. 5, pp. 311–321, 1996.
- H. Zhang, K. Yoshikawa, K. Tamura et al., “11C-methionine positron emission tomography and survival in patients with bone and soft tissue sarcomas treated by carbon ion radiotherapy,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 1764–1772, 2004.
- M. Tian, H. Zhang, N. Oriuchi, T. Higuchi, and K. Endo, “Comparison of 11C-choline PET and FDG PET for the differential diagnosis of malignant tumors,” European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, vol. 31, no. 8, pp. 1064–1072, 2004.
- M. Tian, H. Zhang, Y. Nakasone, K. Mogi, and K. Endo, “Expression of Glut-1 and Glut-3 in untreated oral squamous cell carcinoma compared with FDG accumulation in a PET study,” European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 5–12, 2004.
- O. E. Nieweg, J. Pruim, R. J. van Ginkel et al., “Fluorine-18-fluorodeoxyglucose PET imaging of soft-tissue sarcoma,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 257–261, 1996.
- A. C. Kole, O. E. Nieweg, H. J. Hoekstra, J. R. Van Horn, H. S. Koops, and W. Vaalburg, “Fluorine-18-fluorodeoxyglucose assessment of glucose metabolism in bone tumors,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 810–815, 1998.
- H. Watanabe, T. Shinozaki, T. Yanagawa et al., “Glucose metabolic analysis of musculoskeletal tumours using fluorine-18-FDG PET as an aid to preoperative planning,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, vol. 82, no. 5, pp. 760–767, 2000.
- P. L. Jager, W. Vaalburg, J. Pruim, E. G. E. De Vries, K. J. Langen, and D. A. Piers, “Radiolabeled amino acids: basic aspects and clinical applications in oncology,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 432–445, 2001.
- K. Tomiyoshi, K. Amed, S. Muhammad et al., “Synthesis of isomers of 18F-labelled amino acid radiopharmaceutical: position 2- and 3-L-18F-α-methyltyrosine using a separation and purification system,” Nuclear Medicine Communications, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 169–175, 1997.
- T. Inoue, K. Tomiyoshi, T. Higuichi et al., “Biodistribution studies on L-3-[Fluorine-18]Fluoro-α-methyl tyrosine: a potential tumor-detecting agent,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 663–667, 1998.
- R. Kumar, H. Dhanpathi, S. Basu, D. Rubello, S. Fanti, and A. Alavi, “Oncologic PET tracers beyond [(18)F]FDG and the novel quantitative approaches in PET imaging,” Quarterly Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 50–65, 2008.
- T. Hara and M. Yuasa, “Automated synthesis of [11C]choline, a positron-emitting tracer for tumor imaging,” Applied Radiation and Isotopes, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 531–533, 1999.
- O. Kobori, Y. Kirihara, N. Kosaka, and T. Hara, “Position emission tomography of esophageal carcinoma using (11)C-choline and (18)F-fluorodeoxyglucose: a novel method of preoperative lymph node staging,” Cancer, vol. 86, no. 9, pp. 1638–1648, 1999.
- T. Hara, K. Inagaki, N. Kosaka, and T. Morita, “Sensitive detection of mediastinal lymph node metastasis of lung cancer with 11C-choline PET,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 41, no. 9, pp. 1507–1513, 2000.
- H. Watanabe, T. Inoue, T. Shinozaki et al., “PET imaging of musculoskeletel tumours with fluorine-18 α-methyltyrosine: comparison with fluorine-18 fluorodeoxyglucose PET,” European Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 27, no. 10, pp. 1509–1517, 2000.
- K. Hamacher, H. H. Coenen, and G. Stocklin, “Efficient stereospecific synthesis of no-carrier-added 2-[18F]-fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose using aminopolyether supported nucleophilic substitution,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 235–238, 1986.
- H. Zhang, T. Inoue, S. Alyafei, M. Tian, N. Oriuchi, and K. Endo, “Tumour detectability in 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional positron emission tomography using the SET-2400W: a phantom study,” Nuclear Medicine Communications, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 305–314, 2001.
- J. Aoki, K. Endo, H. Watanabe et al., “FDG-PET for evaluating musculoskeletal tumors: a review,” Journal of Orthopaedic Science, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 435–441, 2003.
- N. Shinoura, M. Nishijima, T. Hara et al., “Brain tumors: detection with C-11 choline PET,” Radiology, vol. 202, no. 2, pp. 497–503, 1997.
- T. Hara, N. Kosaka, and H. Kishi, “PET imaging of prostate cancer using carbon-11-choline,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 990–995, 1998.
- T. Inoue, T. Shibasaki, N. Oriuchi et al., “F-18 α-methyl tyrosine PET studies in patients with brain tumors,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 399–405, 1999.
- J. Johnston, “Giant cell tumor of bone. The role of the giant cell in orthopedic pathology,” Orthopedic Clinics of North America, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 751–770, 1977.
- L. Ling, M. J. Klein, H. A. Sissons, G. C. Steiner, and R. J. Winchester, “Expression of Ia and monocyte-macrophage lineage antigens in giant cell tumor of bone and related lesions,” Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, vol. 112, no. 1, pp. 65–69, 1988.
- K. Mészáros, G. J. Bagby, and J. J. Spitzer, “Contribution of different organs to increased glucose consumption after endotoxin administration,” The Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 262, no. 23, pp. 10965–10970, 1987.
- R. L. Gamelli, H. Liu, L. K. He, and C. A. Hofmann, “Augmentations of glucose uptake and glucose transporter-1 in macrophages following thermal injury and sepsis in mice,” Journal of Leukocyte Biology, vol. 59, no. 5, pp. 639–647, 1996.
- A. Guhlmann, D. Brecht-Krauss, G. Suger et al., “Chronic osteomyelitis: detection with FDG PET and correlation with histopathologic findings,” Radiology, vol. 206, no. 3, pp. 749–754, 1998.
- W. E. Palmer, D. I. Rosenthal, O. I. Schoenberg et al., “Quantification of inflammation in the wrist with gadolinium-enhanced MR imaging and pet with 2-[F-18]-fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose,” Radiology, vol. 196, no. 3, pp. 647–655, 1995.
- L. H. Brudin, S. O. Valind, C. G. Rhodes et al., “Fluorine-18 deoxyglucose uptake in sarcoidosis measured with positron emission tomography,” European Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 297–305, 1994.
- J. Aoki, H. Watanabe, T. Shinozaki et al., “FDG PET of primary benign and malignant bone tumors: standardized uptake value in 52 lesions,” Radiology, vol. 219, no. 3, pp. 774–777, 2001.
- H. Zhang, M. Tian, N. Oriuchi et al., “11C-choline PET for the detection of bone and soft tissue tumours in comparison with FDG PET,” Nuclear Medicine Communications, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 273–279, 2003.
- A. C. Clavo, R. S. Brown, and R. L. Wahl, “Fluorodeoxyglucose uptake in human cancer cell lines is increased by hypoxia,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 36, no. 9, pp. 1625–1632, 1995.
- R. Katz-Brull and H. Degani, “Kinetics of choline transport and phosphorylation in human breast cancer cells; NMR application of the zero trans method,” Anticancer Research, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 1375–1380, 1996.