- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 812135, 9 pages
The Application of Three-Dimensional Collagen-Scaffolds Seeded with Myoblasts to Repair Skeletal Muscle Defects
1The Laboratory of Molecular Pathology, Stem Cell Research Center, Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, PA 15219, USA
2Department of Bioengineering, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15219, USA
3Department of Orthopedic Surgery, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
4Department of Pediatric Surgery, University of Texas, Medical School at Houston, TX 77030, USA
Received 30 June 2011; Accepted 11 September 2011
Academic Editor: Guy Benian
Copyright © 2011 Jianqun Ma et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [15 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Jung Eun Bae, Chan Kyung Kim, Sungpo Kim, Eun Kyung Yang, and In Seop Kim, “Virus Inactivation during the Manufacture of a Collagen Type I from Bovine Hides,” The Korean Journal of Microbiology, vol. 48, no. 4, pp. 314–318, 2012.
- S. W. McLaughlin, S. J. Nelson, W. M. McLaughlin, L. S. Nair, and C. T. Laurencin, “Design of Nanofibrous Scaffolds for Skeletal Muscle Regenerative Engineering,” Journal of Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 385–395, 2013.
- Lina Wang, Joshua A. Johnson, David W. Chang, and Qixu Zhang, “Decellularized musculofascial extracellular matrix for tissue engineering,” Biomaterials, vol. 34, no. 11, pp. 2641–2654, 2013.
- Daikelly Iglesias Braghirolli, Daniela Steffens, Kerlin Quintiliano, Gerson Arisoly Xavier Acasigua, Douglas Gamba, Roland A. Fleck, Cesar L. Petzhold, and Patricia Pranke, “ The effect of sterilization methods on electronspun poly(lactide- co -glycolide) and subsequent adhesion efficiency of mesenchymal stem cells ,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part B: Applied Biomaterials, 2013.
- Sorina Dinescu, Bianca Galateanu, Madalina Albu, Anisoara Cimpean, Anca Dinischiotu, and Marieta Costache, “Sericin enhances the bioperformance of collagen-based matrices preseeded with human-adipose derived stem cells (hADSCs),” International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 1870–1889, 2013.
- Indong Jun, Seung-Woo Cho, Young Jun Lee, Hyeon-Ki Jang, Heungsoo Shin, Tae-Jin Lee, Ji Hye Lee, Ki Dong Park, Dong Wan Kim, Byung-Soo Kim, and Seokyung Kang, “Therapeutic angiogenesis by a myoblast layer harvested by tissue transfer printing from cell-adhesive, thermosensitive hydrogels,” Biomaterials, vol. 34, no. 33, pp. 8258–8268, 2013.
- Zhisen Shen, Jingjing Chen, Cheng Kang, Changfeng Gong, and Yabin Zhu, “Engineered Hypopharynx from Coculture of Epithelial Cells and Fibroblasts Using Poly(ester urethane) as Substratum,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–11, 2013.
- Zhisen Shen, Shanshan Guo, Dong Ye, Jingjing Chen, Cheng Kang, Shejie Qiu, Dakai Lu, Qun Li, Kunjie Xu, Jingjing Lv, and Yabin Zhu, “Skeletal Muscle Regeneration on Protein-Grafted and Microchannel-Patterned Scaffold for Hypopharyngeal Tissue Engineering,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–8, 2013.
- Evangelia Bellas, Mandy A. Rollins, Jodie E. Moreau, Tim Lo, Kyle P. Quinn, Nicholas Fourligas, Irene Georgakoudi, Gary G. Leisk, Melissa Mazan, Kristen E. Thane, Olivier Taeymans, A.M. Hoffman, D. L. Kaplan, and C.A. Kirker-Head, “Equine model for soft-tissue regeneration,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part B: Applied Biomaterials, 2014.
- Christopher L. Dearth, Stephen F. Badylak, and Brian M. Sicari, “Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine Approaches to Enhance the Functional Response to Skeletal Muscle Injury,” Anatomical Record-Advances in Integrative Anatomy and Evolutionary Biology, vol. 297, no. 1, pp. 51–64, 2014.
- Joan Lee, Indong Jun, Hyun-Ji Park, Taek Jin Kang, and Seung-Woo Cho, “Genetically Engineered Myoblast Sheet for Therapeutic Angiogenesis,” Biomacromolecules, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 361–372, 2014.
- Silvia Baiguera, Luca Urbani, and Costantino Del Gaudio, “Tissue Engineered Scaffolds for an Effective Healing and Regeneration: Reviewing Orthotopic Studies,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–27, 2014.
- Giulia Cerino, Emanuele Gaudiello, Thomas Grussenmeyer, Ludovic Melly, Diana Massai, Andrea Banfi, Ivan Martin, Friedrich Eckstein, Martin Grapow, and Anna Marsano, “Three dimensional multi-cellular muscle-like tissue engineering in perfusion-based bioreactors,” Biotechnology and Bioengineering, 2015.
- Taimoor H. Qazi, David J. Mooney, Matthias Pumberger, Sven Geißler, and Georg N. Duda, “Biomaterials based strategies for skeletal muscle tissue engineering: Existing technologies and future trends,” Biomaterials, vol. 53, pp. 502–521, 2015.
- Zhisen Shen, Jian Wang, Dakai Lu, Qun Li, Chongchang Zhou, Yabin Zhu, and Xiao Hu, “Synthesis and Properties of Flexible Polyurethane Using Ferric Catalyst for Hypopharyngeal Tissue Engineering,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2015, pp. 1–11, 2015.