- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 821578, 18 pages
Modulation of Specific and Allergy-Related Immune Responses by Helminths
Department of Molecular Parasitology, Humboldt University of Berlin, Philippstraße 13, Building 14, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Received 15 July 2011; Accepted 9 September 2011
Academic Editor: Luis I. Terrazas
Copyright © 2011 Emilia Daniłowicz-Luebert et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [21 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Henry J. McSorley, Mary T. O'Gorman, Natalie Blair, Tara E. Sutherland, Kara J. Filbey, and Rick M. Maizels, “Suppression of type 2 immunity and allergic airway inflammation by secreted products of the helminth Heligmosomoides polygyrus,” European Journal of Immunology, vol. 42, no. 10, pp. 2667–2682, 2012.
- Jorge Correale, and Mauricio F. Farez, “Does helminth activation of toll-like receptors modulate immune response in multiple sclerosis patients?,” Frontiers In Cellular And Infection Microbiology, vol. 2, 2012.
- Kerstin Wahlers, Colin N. Menezes, Thomas Romig, Peter Kern, and Martin P. Grobusch, “Cystic Echinococcosis in South Africa: The worst yet to come?,” Acta Tropica, 2013.
- Henry J. McSorley, James P. Hewitson, and Rick M. Maizels, “Immunomodulation by helminth parasites: Defining mechanisms and mediators,” International Journal for Parasitology, vol. 43, no. 3-4, pp. 301–310, 2013.
- Emilia Danilowicz-Luebert, Svenja Steinfelder, Anja A. Kühl, Gennadiy Drozdenko, Richard Lucius, Margitta Worm, Eckard Hamelmann, and Susanne Hartmann, “A nematode immunomodulator suppresses grass pollen-specific allergic responses by controlling excessive Th2 inflammation,” International Journal for Parasitology, vol. 43, no. 3-4, pp. 201–210, 2013.
- J.O. Fleming, “Helminth therapy and multiple sclerosis,” International Journal for Parasitology, vol. 43, no. 3-4, pp. 259–274, 2013.
- Sabrina S. Campolina, Marcio S.S. Araujo, Tércia M.R.L. Rezende, Leonardo Matoso, Humberto F.O. Quites, Andréa Teixeira-Carvalho, Olindo A. Martins-Filho, Andrea Gazzinelli, and Rodrigo Correa-Oliveira, “Effective anthelmintic therapy of residents living in endemic area of high prevalence for Hookworm and Schistosoma mansoni infections enhances the levels of allergy risk factor anti-Der p1 IgE,” Results in Immunology, 2013.
- R. Shimogawara, N. Hata, A. Schuster, H. Lesshafft, S. Guedes de Oliveira, R. Ignatius, N. Akao, N. Ohta, and H. Feldmeier, “Hookworm-related cutaneous larva migrans in patients living in an endemic community in Brazil: Immunological patterns before and after ivermectin treatment,” European Journal of Microbiology and Immunology, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 258–266, 2013.
- Brett Phillip Bielory, Timothy Mainardi, and Menachem Rottem, “Evolutionary immune response to conserved domains in parasites and aeroallergens,” Allergy and Asthma Proceedings, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 93–102, 2013.
- Angela Pinot De Moira, Frances M. Jones, Shona Wilson, Edridah Tukahebwa, Colin M. Fitzsimmons, Joseph K. Mwatha, Jeffrey M. Bethony, Narcis B. Kabatereine, and David W. Dunnea, “Effects of treatment on IgE responses against parasite allergen-like proteins and immunit to reinfection in childhood schistosome and hookworm coinfections,” Infection and Immunity, vol. 81, no. 1, pp. 23–32, 2013.
- Rzepecka, and Harnett, “Impact of worms and their products on eosinophils and neutrophils in experimental asthma,” Current Molecular Medicine, vol. 13, no. 7, pp. 1192–1202, 2013.
- Justyna Rzepecka, Michelle L. Coates, Moninder Saggar, Lamyaa Al-Riyami, Jennifer Coltherd, Hwee Kee Tay, Judith K. Huggan, Lucia Janicova, Abedawn I. Khalaf, Ivonne Siebeke, Colin J. Suckling, Margaret M. Harnett, and William Harnett, “Small molecule analogues of the immunomodulatory parasitic helminth product ES-62 have anti-allergy properties,” International Journal for Parasitology, 2014.
- Batool F. Kirmani, Diana Mungall Robinson, Adeline Kikam, Ekokobe Fonkem, and Daniel Cruz, “Selection of Antiepileptic Drugs in Older People,” Current Treatment Options in Neurology, vol. 16, no. 6, 2014.
- James P Hewitson, and Rick M Maizels, “Vaccination against helminth parasite infections,” Expert Review of Vaccines, pp. 1–15, 2014.
- Tanja Adnadevic, Vladimir M. Jovanovic, Jelena Blagojevic, Ivana Budinski, Borislav Cabrilo, Olivera Bijelic-Cabrilo, and Mladen Vujosevic, “Possible Influence of B Chromosomes on Genes Included in Immune Response and Parasite Burden in Apodemus flavicollis,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 11, 2014.
- Kerry L. Bentley-Hewitt, Ronan K.-Y. Chen, Ross E. Lill, Duncan I. Hedderley, Thanuja D. Herath, Adam J. Matich, and Marian J. McKenzie, “Consumption of selenium-enriched broccoli increases cytokine production in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells stimulated ex vivo, a preliminary human intervention study,” Molecular Nutrition & Food Research, 2014.
- Noelle Louise O'Regan, Svenja Steinfelder, Gopinath Venugopal, Gopala B. Rao, Richard Lucius, Aparna Srikantam, and Susanne Hartmann, “Brugia malayi Microfilariae Induce a Regulatory Monocyte/Macrophage Phenotype That Suppresses Innate and Adaptive Immune Responses,” Plos Neglected Tropical Diseases, vol. 8, no. 10, 2014.
- Ganiyu O. Arinola, Oluwafemi Oluwole, Regina Oladokun, Babatunde O. Adedokun, Olufunmilayo I. Olopade, and Christopher O. Olopade, “Intestinal Helminthic Infection Increases Serum Levels of IL-2 and Decreases Serum TGF-Beta Levels in Nigerian Asthmatic Patients,” Open Journal of Immunology, vol. 04, no. 01, pp. 1–8, 2014.
- Chelsea E. Matisz, Gabriella Leung, Jose Luis Reyes, Arthur Wang, Keith A. Sharkey, and Derek M. McKay, “Adoptive transfer of helminth antigen-pulsed dendritic cells protects against the development of experimental colitis in mice,” European Journal of Immunology, 2015.
- Henry J. McSorley, Natalie F. Blair, Elaine Robertson, and Rick M. Maizels, “Suppression of OVA-alum induced allergy by heligmosomoides polygyrus products is MyD88-, TRIF-, regulatory t- and b cell-independent, but is associated with reduced innate lymphoid cell activation,” Experimental Parasitology, 2015.
- Russell Hays, Adrian Esterman, Paul Giacomin, Alex Loukas, and Robyn McDermott, “Does Strongyloides stercoralis infection protect against type 2 diabetes in humans? Evidence from Australian Aboriginal adults,” Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice, 2015.