- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 821578, 18 pages
Modulation of Specific and Allergy-Related Immune Responses by Helminths
Department of Molecular Parasitology, Humboldt University of Berlin, Philippstraße 13, Building 14, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Received 15 July 2011; Accepted 9 September 2011
Academic Editor: Luis I. Terrazas
Copyright © 2011 Emilia Daniłowicz-Luebert et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Henry J. McSorley, Mary T. O'Gorman, Natalie Blair, Tara E. Sutherland, Kara J. Filbey, and Rick M. Maizels, “Suppression of type 2 immunity and allergic airway inflammation by secreted products of the helminth Heligmosomoides polygyrus,” European Journal of Immunology, vol. 42, no. 10, pp. 2667–2682, 2012.
- Kerstin Wahlers, Colin N. Menezes, Thomas Romig, Peter Kern, and Martin P. Grobusch, “Cystic Echinococcosis in South Africa: The worst yet to come?,” Acta Tropica, 2013.
- Emilia Danilowicz-Luebert, Svenja Steinfelder, Anja A. Kühl, Gennadiy Drozdenko, Richard Lucius, Margitta Worm, Eckard Hamelmann, and Susanne Hartmann, “A nematode immunomodulator suppresses grass pollen-specific allergic responses by controlling excessive Th2 inflammation,” International Journal for Parasitology, vol. 43, no. 3-4, pp. 201–210, 2013.
- J.O. Fleming, “Helminth therapy and multiple sclerosis,” International Journal for Parasitology, vol. 43, no. 3-4, pp. 259–274, 2013.
- Henry J. McSorley, James P. Hewitson, and Rick M. Maizels, “Immunomodulation by helminth parasites: Defining mechanisms and mediators,” International Journal for Parasitology, vol. 43, no. 3-4, pp. 301–310, 2013.
- R. Shimogawara, N. Hata, A. Schuster, H. Lesshafft, S. Guedes de Oliveira, R. Ignatius, N. Akao, N. Ohta, and H. Feldmeier, “Hookworm-related cutaneous larva migrans in patients living in an endemic community in Brazil: Immunological patterns before and after ivermectin treatment,” European Journal of Microbiology and Immunology, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 258–266, 2013.
- Brett Phillip Bielory, Timothy Mainardi, and Menachem Rottem, “Evolutionary immune response to conserved domains in parasites and aeroallergens,” Allergy and Asthma Proceedings, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 93–102, 2013.
- Angela Pinot De Moira, Frances M. Jones, Shona Wilson, Edridah Tukahebwa, Colin M. Fitzsimmons, Joseph K. Mwatha, Jeffrey M. Bethony, Narcis B. Kabatereine, and David W. Dunnea, “Effects of treatment on IgE responses against parasite allergen-like proteins and immunit to reinfection in childhood schistosome and hookworm coinfections,” Infection and Immunity, vol. 81, no. 1, pp. 23–32, 2013.
- Rzepecka, and Harnett, “Impact of worms and their products on eosinophils and neutrophils in experimental asthma,” Current Molecular Medicine, vol. 13, no. 7, pp. 1192–1202, 2013.
- James P Hewitson, and Rick M Maizels, “Vaccination against helminth parasite infections,” Expert Review of Vaccines, pp. 1–15, 2014.