- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 839653, 4 pages
Protein Expression of Mesenchymal Stem Cells after Transfection of pcDNA3.1−-hVEGF165 by Ultrasound-Targeted Microbubble Destruction
1Department of Ultrasound, Second Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University College of Medicine, 88 Jiefang Road, Hangzhou 310009, China
2Department of Cardiology, Second Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University College of Medicine, 88 Jiefang Road, Hangzhou 310009, China
3Department of Nuclear Medicine, Second Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University College of Medicine, 88 Jiefang Road, Hangzhou 310009, China
Received 29 December 2010; Revised 19 March 2011; Accepted 22 March 2011
Academic Editor: Mei Tian
Copyright © 2011 Zhaoxia Pu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. M. Sales, H. J. Salacinski, N. Alobaid, M. Mikhail, V. Balakrishnan, and A. M. Seifalian, “Advancing vascular tissue engineering: the role of stem cell technology,” Trends in Biotechnology, vol. 23, no. 9, pp. 461–467, 2005.
- J. M. Hare and S. V. Chaparro, “Cardiac regeneration and stem cell therapy,” Current Opinion in Organ Transplantation, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 536–542, 2008.
- A. Behfar, R. S. Faustino, D. K. Arrell, P. P. Dzeja, C. Perez-Terzic, and A. Terzic, “Guided stem cell cardiopoiesis: discovery and translation,” Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 523–529, 2008.
- H. Gerhardt, “VEGF and endothelial guidance in angiogenic sprouting,” Organogenesis, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 241–246, 2008.
- P. Douvaras, D. G. Antonatos, K. Kekou et al., “Association of VEGF gene polymorphisms with the development of heart failure in patients after myocardial infarction,” Cardiology, vol. 114, no. 1, pp. 11–18, 2009.
- R. Bekeredjian, P. A. Grayburn, and R. V. Shohet, “Use of ultrasound contrast agents for gene or drug delivery in cardiovascular medicine,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 329–335, 2005.
- T. Susa, T. Kato, and Y. Kato, “Reproducible transfection in the presence of carrier DNA using FuGENE6 and Lipofectamine 2000,” Molecular Biology Reports, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 313–319, 2008.
- T. Shinoka and C. Breuer, “Tissue-engineered blood vessels in pediatric cardiac surgery,” Yale Journal of Biology and Medicine, vol. 81, no. 4, pp. 161–166, 2008.
- M. Siepe, P. Akhyari, A. Lichtenberg, C. Schlensak, and F. Beyersdorf, “Stem cells used for cardiovascular tissue engineering,” European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 242–247, 2008.
- J. Jiang, C. Y. Fan, and B. F. Zeng, “Osteogenic differentiation effects on rat bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stromal cells by lentivirus-mediated co-transfection of human BMP2 gene and VEGF165 gene,” Biotechnology Letters, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 197–203, 2008.
- C. Q. Gao, M. Yang, L. B. Li et al., “The experimental studies on cell transplantation into chronic ischemic myocardium using mesenchymal stem cells modified by recombinant adenovirus carrying vascular endothelial growth factors 165 gene,” Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi, vol. 45, no. 14, pp. 990–993, 2007.
- J. J. Haigh, “Role of VEGF in organogenesis,” Organogenesis, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 247–256, 2008.
- P. E. Pestryakov and O. I. Lavrik, “Mechanisms of single-stranded DNA-binding protein functioning in cellular DNA metabolism,” Biochemistry, vol. 73, no. 13, pp. 1388–1404, 2008.
- K. Kawabata, Y. Takakura, and M. Hashida, “The fate of plasmid DNA after intravenous injection in mice: involvement of scavenger receptors in its hepatic uptake,” Pharmaceutical Research, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 825–830, 1995.
- V. T. G. Chuang, U. Kragh-Hansen, and M. Otagiri, “Pharmaceutical strategies utilizing recombinant human serum albumin,” Pharmaceutical Research, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 569–577, 2002.
- P. A. Dijkmans, R. Senior, H. Becher et al., “Myocardial contrast echocardiography evolving as a clinically feasible technique for accurate, rapid, and safe assessment of myocardial perfusion. The evidence so far,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 48, no. 11, pp. 2168–2177, 2006.
- G. Korpanty, S. Chen, R. V. Shohet et al., “Targeting of VEGF-mediated angiogenesis to rat myocardium using ultrasonic destruction of microbubbles,” Gene Therapy, vol. 12, no. 17, pp. 1305–1312, 2005.
- R. Bekeredjian, R. D. Kroll, E. Fein et al., “Ultrasound targeted microbubble destruction increases capillary permeability in hepatomas,” Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology, vol. 33, no. 10, pp. 1592–1598, 2007.
- K. Hynynen, “Ultrasound for drug and gene delivery to the brain,” Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, vol. 60, no. 10, pp. 1209–1217, 2008.
- C. R. Mayer and R. Bekeredjian, “Ultrasonic gene and drug delivery to the cardiovascular system,” Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, vol. 60, no. 10, pp. 1177–1192, 2008.
- D. L. Miller, S. V. Pislaru, and J. F. Greenleaf, “Sonoporation: mechanical DNA delivery by ultrasonic cavitation,” Somatic Cell and Molecular Genetics, vol. 27, no. 1-6, pp. 115–134, 2002.
- P. Marmottant and S. Hilgenfeldt, “Controlled vesicle deformation and lysis by single oscillating bubbles,” Nature, vol. 423, no. 6936, pp. 153–156, 2003.
- E. A. Brujan, “The role of cavitation microjets in the therapeutic applications of ultrasound,” Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 381–387, 2004.
- J. E. Chômas, P. Dayton, J. Alien, K. Morgan, and K. W. Ferrara, “Mechanisms of contrast agent destruction,” IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 232–248, 2001.
- J. Wu, “Theoretical study on shear stress generated by microstreaming surrounding contrast agents attached to living cells,” Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 125–129, 2002.
- S. Chen, R. V. Shohet, R. Bekeredjian, P. Frenkel, and P. A. Grayburn, “Optimization of ultrasound parameters for cardiac gene delivery of adenoviral or plasmid deoxyribonucleic acid by ultrasound-targeted microbubble destruction,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 301–308, 2003.