- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 875309, 8 pages
Sparse Logistic Regression for Diagnosis of Liver Fibrosis in Rat by Using SCAD-Penalized Likelihood
1Department of Mathematics, Southeast University, Nanjing 210096, China
2Department of Mathematics, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing 210009, China
3State Key Laboratory of Natural Medicines, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing 210009, China
Received 28 November 2010; Revised 3 February 2011; Accepted 24 March 2011
Academic Editor: Sanford I. Bernstein
Copyright © 2011 Fang-Rong Yan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Timothy, A. Charalambos, and H. Phillip, “Non-invasive markers for the prediction of fibrosis in chronic hepatitis C infection,” Hepatology Research, vol. 38, no. 8, pp. 762–769, 2008.
- R. A. Standish, E. Cholongitas, A. Dhillon, A. K. Burroughs, and A. P. Dhillon, “An appraisal of the histopathological assessment of liver fibrosis,” Gut, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 569–578, 2006.
- J. L. Dienstag, “The role of liver biopsy in chronic hepatitis C,” Hepatology, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. S152–S160, 2002.
- A. Regev, M. Berho, L. J. Jeffers et al., “Sampling error and intraobserver variation in liver biopsy in patients with chronic HCV infection,” American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 97, no. 10, pp. 2614–2618, 2002.
- Y. Kentaro, K. Naoto, and H. Senju, “Transient elastography: applications and limitations,” Hepatology Research, vol. 38, no. 11, pp. 1063–1068, 2008.
- S. C. Gordon, I. Jacobson, C. Hézode et al., “Evaluation of a panel of non-invasive serum markers to differentiate mild from moderate-to-advanced liver fibrosis in chronic hepatitis C patients,” Journal of Hepatology, vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 935–942, 2004.
- E. Giannini and R. Testa, “Noninvasive diagnosis of fibrosis: the truth is rarely pure and never simple,” Hepatology, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 1312–1313, 2003.
- S. Naveau, B. Raynard, V. Ratziu et al., “Biomarkers for the prediction of liver fibrosis in patients with chronic alcoholic liver disease,” Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 167–174, 2005.
- E. Rossi, L. Adams, A. Prins et al., “Validation of the FibroTest biochemical markers score in assessing liver fibrosis in hepatitis C patients,” Clinical Chemistry, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 450–454, 2003.
- I. Guyon, J. Weston, S. Barnhill, and V. Vapnik, “Gene selection for cancer classification using support vector machines,” Machine Learning, vol. 46, no. 1–3, pp. 389–422, 2002.
- D. M. Rocke and D. V. Nguyen, “On partial least squares dimension reduction for microarray-based classification: a simulation study,” Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 407–425, 2004.
- Y. Li, C. Campbell, and M. Tipping, “Bayesian automatic relevance determination algorithms for classifying gene expression data,” Bioinformatics, vol. 18, no. 10, pp. 1332–1339, 2002.
- G. Debashis and M. C. Arul, “Classification and selection of biomarkers in genomic data using LASSO,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2005, no. 2, pp. 147–154, 2005.
- Z. Qiao, L. Zhou, and J. Z. Huang, “Sparse linear discriminant analysis with applications to high dimensional low sample size data,” IAENG International Journal of Applied Mathematics, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 1–13, 2009.
- J. Fan and R. Li, “Variable selection via nonconcave penalized likelihood and its oracle properties,” Journal of the American Statistical Association, vol. 96, no. 456, pp. 1348–1360, 2001.
- Y. Kim, S. Kwon, and S. Heun Song, “Multiclass sparse logistic regression for classification of multiple cancer types using gene expression data,” Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 1643–1655, 2006.
- R. J. Tibshirani, “Regression coefficient and autoregressive order shrinkage and selection via the LASSO,” Journal of the Royal Statistical Society B, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 267–288, 1996.
- R. Tibshirani, “The LASSO method for variable selection in the cox model,” Statistics in Medicine, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 385–395, 1997.
- D. B. Rubin, “The bayesian bootstrap,” The Annals of Statistic, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 130–134, 1981.
- J. Gu, S. Ghosal, and A. Roy, “Bayesian bootstrap estimation of ROC curve,” Statistics in Medicine, vol. 27, no. 26, pp. 5407–5420, 2008.
- Y. Imanishi, N. Maeda, K. Otogawa et al., “Herb medicine Inchin-ko-to (TJ-135) regulates PDGF-BB-dependent signaling pathways of hepatic stellate cells in primary culture and attenuates development of liver fibrosis induced by thioacetamide administration in rats,” Journal of Hepatology, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 242–250, 2004.
- S. Kuriyama, M. Yamazaki, A. Mitoro et al., “Hepatocellular carcinoma in an orthotopic mouse model metastasizes intrahepatically in cirrhotic but not in normal liver,” International Journal of Cancer, vol. 80, no. 3, pp. 471–476, 1999.
- P. Bedossa, D. Dargère, and V. Paradis, “Sampling variability of liver fibrosis in chronic hepatitis C,” Hepatology, vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 1449–1457, 2003.
- J. Fan and H. Peng, “Nonconcave penalized likelihood with a diverging number of parameters,” Annals of Statistics, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 928–961, 2003.
- B. Efron, T. Hastie, I. Johnstone et al., “Least angle regression,” Annals of Statistics, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 407–499, 2004.
- P. L. Flom and D. L. Cassell, “Stopping stepwise: why stepwise and similar selection methods are bad, and what use,” in Proceedings of the 20th Conference for the NorthEast SAS® Users Group (NESUG '07), 2007.
- F. H. Anderson, L. Zeng, N. R. Rock, and E. M. Yoshida, “An assessment of the clinical utility of serum ALT and AST in chronic hepatitis C,” Hepatology Research, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 63–71, 2000.
- S. L. Friedman, D. C. Rockey, and D. M. Bissell, “Hepatic fibrosis 2006: report of the third AASLD single topic conference,” Hepatology, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 242–249, 2007.
- F. E. Harrell, Regression Modeling Strategies: With Applications to Linear Mode to Logistic Regression, and Survival Analysis, Springe, New York, NY, USA, 2001.