- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 907575, 12 pages
Atherosclerosis and Thrombosis: Insights from Large Animal Models
1Cardiovascular Research Center (CSIC-ICCC), Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, IIB-Sant Pau, 08025 Barcelona, Spain
2CIBERobn, Barcelona, Spain
3Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB), Barcelona, Spain
Received 23 September 2010; Accepted 9 December 2010
Academic Editor: Oreste Gualillo
Copyright © 2011 Gemma Vilahur et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [18 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- K.P.M. van Galen, A. Tuinenburg, E.M. Smeets, and R.E.G. Schutgens, “Von Willebrand factor deficiency and atherosclerosis,” Blood Reviews, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 189–196, 2012.
- A Bähr, and E Wolf, “Domestic Animal Models for Biomedical Research,” Reproduction in Domestic Animals, vol. 47, pp. 59–71, 2012.
- Paul Fefer, Normand Robert, Beiping Qiang, Garry Liu, Nigel Munce, Kevan Anderson, Azriel B. Osherov, Michelle Ladouceur-Wodzak, Xiuling Qi, Alexander Dick, Max Weisbrod, Michelle Samuel, Jagdish Butany, Graham Wright, and Bradley H. Strauss, “Characterisation of a novel porcine coronary artery CTO model,” Eurointervention, vol. 7, no. 12, pp. 1444–1452, 2012.
- Thanapong Chaichana, Zhonghua Sun, and James Jewkes, “Impact of plaques in the left coronary artery on wall shear stress and pressure gradient in coronary side branches,” Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering, pp. 1–11, 2012.
- Bernd Hewing, and Edward A Fisher, “Preclinical mouse models and methods for the discovery of the causes and treatments of atherosclerosis,” Expert Opinion on Drug Discovery, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 207–216, 2012.
- Yvonne Doering, Heidi Noels, and Christian Weber, “The Use of High-Throughput Technologies to Investigate Vascular Inflammatio n and Atherosclerosis,” Arteriosclerosis Thrombosis and Vascular Biology, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 182–195, 2012.
- Jinwei Tian, Sining Hu, Yanli Sun, Xiang Ban, Huai Yu, Nana Dong, Jian Wu, and Bo Yu, “A Novel Model of Atherosclerosis in Rabbits Using Injury to Arterial Walls Induced by Ferric Chloride as Evaluated by Optical Coherence Tomography as well as Intravascular Ultrasound and Histology,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2012, pp. 1–6, 2012.
- Stefanie Krajewski, Julia Kurz, Hans Peter Wendel, and Andreas Straub, “Flow cytometry analysis of porcine platelets: Optimized methods for best re sults,” Platelets, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 386–394, 2012.
- Yonghua Bi, Hongshan Zhong, Ke Xu, and Xun Qi, “Combination of Periaortic Elastase Incubation and Cholesterol-Rich Diet: A Novel Model of Atherosclerosis in Rabbit Abdominal Aorta,” Cell Biochemistry and Biophysics, 2013.
- Nassrene Y. Elmadhun, Ashraf A. Sabe, Michael P. Robich, Louis M. Chu, Antonio D. Lassaletta, and Frank W. Sellke, “The pig as a valuable model for testing the effect of resveratrol to prevent cardiovascular disease,” Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, vol. 1290, no. 1, pp. 130–135, 2013.
- Richard J. Woodman, and Arduino A. Mangoni, “Adjusting for brachial artery diameter in the analysis of flow-mediated dilatation: Pitfalls of a landmark paper?,” Atherosclerosis, vol. 228, no. 1, pp. 277–279, 2013.
- Ivano Eberini, Robin Wait, Laura Calabresi, Cristina Sensi, Ingrid Miller, and Elisabetta Gianazza, “A proteomic portrait of atherosclerosis,” Journal of Proteomics, vol. 82, pp. 92–112, 2013.
- M. Jové, R. Pamplona, J. Prat, L. Arola, and M. Portero-Otín, “Atherosclerosis prevention by nutritional factors: A meta-analysis in small animal models,” Nutrition, Metabolism and Cardiovascular Diseases, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 84–93, 2013.
- Jorge Alberto Salazar-González, and Sergio Rosales-Mendoza, “A perspective for atherosclerosis vaccination: Is there a place for plant-based vaccines?,” Vaccine, vol. 31, no. 10, pp. 1364–1369, 2013.
- Hugues Beaufrère, “Atherosclerosis: Comparative Pathogenesis, Lipoprotein Metabolism, and Avian and Exotic Companion Mammal Models,” Journal of Exotic Pet Medicine, 2013.
- Fahima D. Pouya, Javad Zavar-reza, and Beman A. Jalali, “In-vitro study of methylglyoxal and aspirin effects on fibrinolysis parameters,” Blood Coagulation & Fibrinolysis, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 715–718, 2013.
- Randall S. Prather, Monique Lorson, Jason W. Ross, Jeffrey J. Whyte, and Eric Walters, “Genetically Engineered Pig Models for Human Diseases,” Annual Review of Animal Biosciences, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 203–219, 2013.
- Wei Li, Thomas M. McIntyre, and Roy L. Silverstein, “Ferric chloride-induced murine carotid arterial injury: A model of redox pathology,” Redox Biology, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 50–55, 2013.