- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 918471, 19 pages
Tumor Evasion from T Cell Surveillance
1Section Experimental Neurosurgery/Tumor Immunology, Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, TU Dresden, Fetscherstraβe 74, 01307 Dresden, Germany
2Institute of Immunology, Medical Faculty Carl Gustav Carus, TU Dresden, Fetscherstraβe 74, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Received 31 May 2011; Accepted 29 August 2011
Academic Editor: Julie Curtsinger
Copyright © 2011 Katrin Töpfer et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [29 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Soudeh Ghafouri-Fard, and Somayyeh Ghafouri-Fard, “siRNA and cancer immunotherapy,” Immunotherapy, vol. 4, no. 9, pp. 907–917, 2012.
- Leslie Huye, and Barbara Savoldo, “Cancer battlefield: six characters in search of an author,” Immunotherapy, vol. 4, no. 8, pp. 753–755, 2012.
- Milos Aleksic, Nathaniel Liddy, Peter E. Molloy, Nick Pumphrey, Annelise Vuidepot, Kyong-Mi Chang, and Bent K. Jakobsen, “Different affinity windows for virus and cancer-specific T-cell receptors: Implications for therapeutic strategies,” European Journal of Immunology, vol. 42, no. 12, pp. 3174–3179, 2012.
- Osama A. O. Elhag, Xiao-Jing Hu, Zhang Wen-Ying, Xiong Li, Yong-Ze Yuan, Ling-Feng Deng, De-Li Liu, Ying-Le Liu, and Geng Hui, “Reconstructed Adeno-Associated Virus with the Extracellular Domain of Murine PD-1 Induces Antitumor Immunity,” Asian Pacific Journal Of Cancer Prevention, vol. 13, no. 8, pp. 4031–4036, 2012.
- John Maher, “Immunotherapy of Malignant Disease Using Chimeric Antigen Receptor Engrafted T Cells,” ISRN Oncology, vol. 2012, pp. 1–23, 2012.
- Nuria Ribelles, Ángela Santonja, Bella Pajares, Casilda Llácer, and Emilio Alba, “The seed and soil hypothesis revisited: current state of knowledge of inherited genes on prognosis in breast cancer,” Cancer Treatment Reviews, 2013.
- Paul F. Schellhammer, Gerald Chodak, James B. Whitmore, Robert Sims, Mark W. Frohlich, and Philip W. Kantoff, “Lower baseline prostate-specific antigen is associated with a greater overall survival benefit from sipuleucel-T in the immunotherapy for prostate adenocarcinoma treatment (IMPACT) trial,” Urology, vol. 81, no. 6, pp. 1297–1302, 2013.
- Agnieszka Bojarska-Junak, Iwona Hus, Sylwia Chocholska, Waldemar Tomczak, Justyna Woś, Paweł Czubak, Lechosław Putowski, and Jacek Roliński, “CD1d expression is higher in chronic lymphocytic leukemia patients with unfavorable prognosis,” Leukemia Research, 2013.
- Maulik Vyas, Ulrike Koehl, Michael Hallek, and Elke Pogge von Strandmann, “Natural ligands and antibody-based fusion proteins: harnessing the immune system against cancer,” Trends in Molecular Medicine, 2013.
- Pablo A. González, Leandro J. Carreño, Pablo F. Céspedes, Susan M. Bueno, Claudia A. Riedel, and Alexis M. Kalergis, “Modulation of Tumor Immunity by Soluble and Membrane-Bound Molecules at the Immunological Synapse,” Clinical and Developmental Immunology, vol. 2013, pp. 1–19, 2013.
- Lin Sun, Qiao-Er Chen, Li Fang, and Fang-Fang Hu, “Effects of FasL Expression in Oral Squamous Cell Cancer,” Asian Pacific Journal Of Cancer Prevention, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 281–285, 2013.
- Zhi-Ming Liu, Yu-Bin Wang, and Xian-Hou Yuan, “Exosomes from murine-derived Gl26 cells promote glioblastoma tumor growth by reducing number and function of CD8+T cells,” Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 309–314, 2013.
- Britta Hardy, and Annat Raiter, “New era in cancer immunotherapy: Twenty years to the discovery of monoclonal antibodies harnessing the immune system to eradicate tumors,” Advances in Bioscience and Biotechnology, vol. 04, no. 04, pp. 34–37, 2013.
- Sergei A. Grando, “Connections of nicotine to cancer,” Nature Reviews Cancer, 2014.
- Marius M. Strioga, Adas Darinskas, Vita Pasukoniene, Agata Mlynska, Valerijus Ostapenko, and Virgil Schijns, “Xenogeneic therapeutic cancer vaccines as breakers of immune tolerance for clinical application: To use or not to use?,” Vaccine, 2014.
- Marc Cartellieri, Stefanie Koristka, Claudia Arndt, Anja Feldmann, Slava Stamova, Malte von Bonin, Katrin Toepfer, Thomas Krueger, Mathias Geib, Irene Michalk, Achim Temme, Martin Bornhaeser, Dirk Lindemann, Gerhard Ehninger, and Michael P. Bachmann, “A Novel Ex Vivo Isolation and Expansion Procedure for Chimeric Antigen Receptor Engrafted Human T Cells,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 4, 2014.
- Shenyou Sun, Xiaochun Fei, Yan Mao, Xiumin Wang, David H. Garfield, Ou Huang, Jinglong Wang, Fei Yuan, Long Sun, Qixiang Yu, Xiaolong Jin, Jianhua Wang, and Kunwei Shen, “PD-1+ immune cell infiltration inversely correlates with survival of operable breast cancer patients,” Cancer Immunology, Immunotherapy, 2014.
- Kun Shao, Santiswarup Singha, Xavier Clemente-Casares, Sue Tsai, Yang Yang, and Pere Santamaria, “Nanoparticle-Based Immunotherapy for Cancer,” ACS Nano, pp. 141203152558002, 2014.
- Abhinav Sidana, “Cancer immunotherapy using tumor cryoablation,” Immunotherapy, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 85–93, 2014.
- Li-Xin Sun, Wei-Dong Li, Zhi-Bin Lin, Xin-Suo Duan, Xue-Fei Lia, Ning Yang, Tian-Fei Lan, Min Li, Yu Sun, Min Yu, and Jie Lu, “Protection Against Lung Cancer Patient Plasma-Induced Lymphocyte Suppression by Ganoderma Lucidum Polysaccharides,” Cellular Physiology and Biochemistry, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 289–299, 2014.
- Oleg V. Markov, Nadezhda L. Mironova, Sergey V. Sennikov, Valentin V. Vlassov, and Marina A. Zenkova, “Prophylactic Dendritic Cell-Based Vaccines Efficiently Inhibit Metastases in Murine Metastatic Melanoma,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 9, 2015.
- Tore Sanner, and Tom K. Grimsrud, “Nicotine: Carcinogenicity and Effects on Response to Cancer Treatment – A Review,” Frontiers in Oncology, vol. 5, 2015.
- Joseph G. Taylor, and John G. Gribben, “Microenvironment abnormalities and Lymphomagenesis: Immunological aspects,” Seminars in Cancer Biology, 2015.
- Nadja Müller, Susanne Michen, Stefanie Tietze, Katrin Töpfer, Alexander Schulte, Katrin Lamszus, Marc Schmitz, Gabriele Schackert, Ira Pastan, and Achim Temme, “Engineering NK Cells Modified With an EGFRvIII-specific Chimeric Antigen Receptor to Overexpress CXCR4 Improves Immunotherapy of CXCL12/SDF-1α-secreting Glioblastoma,” Journal of Immunotherapy, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 197–210, 2015.
- Matthew Li, Michael J. Cima, and Danny A. Milner, “If It's Not One Thing, It's Another: An Inverse Relationship of Malignancy and Atherosclerotic Disease,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 5, 2015.
- Xiaolin Yuan, Weina Li, Yifen Cuil, Qing Zhan, Chunlei Zhang, Zhen Yang, Xiaohuan Li, Shengfan Li, Qinglin Guan, and Xiuyan Sun, “Specific cellular immune response elicited by the necrotic tumor cell-stimulated macrophages,” International Immunopharmacology, 2015.
- Ana Montalban-Arques, Peter De Schryver, Peter Bossier, Gregor Gorkiewicz, Victoriano Mulero, Delbert Monroe Gatlin, and Jorge Galindo-Villegas, “Selective Manipulation of the Gut Microbiota Improves Immune Status in Vertebrates,” Frontiers in Immunology, vol. 6, 2015.
- Inkyu Hwang, and Nguyet Nguyen, “Mechanisms of tumor-induced T cell immune suppression and therapeutics to counter those effects,” Archives of Pharmacal Research, 2015.
- G. T. Peterle, M. Santos, S. O. Mendes, P. B. Carvalho-Neto, L. L. Maia, E. Stur, L. P. Agostini, C. V. M. Silva, L. O. Trivilin, F. D. Nunes, M. B. Carvalho, E. H. Tajara, I. D. Louro, and A. M. A. Silva-Conforti, “FAS ligand expression in inflammatory infiltrate lymphoid cells as a prognostic marker in oral squamous cell carcinoma,” Genetics And Molecular Research, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 11145–11153, 2015.