- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 926407, 7 pages
Inequalities and Duality in Gene Coexpression Networks of HIV-1 Infection Revealed by the Combination of the Double-Connectivity Approach and the Gini's Method
1Saban Research Institute of Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Department of Pediatrics, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
2Hubei Bioinformatics and Molecular Imaging Key Laboratory, College of Life Science and Technology, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430074, China
Received 21 May 2011; Accepted 13 July 2011
Academic Editor: Decheng Yang
Copyright © 2011 Chuang Ma et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Ray and W. Zhang, “Analysis of Alzheimer's disease severity across brain regions by topological analysis of gene co-expression networks,” BMC Systems Biology, vol. 4, 136, 2010.
- J. A. Miller, S. Horvath, and D. H. Geschwind, “Divergence of human and mouse brain transcriptome highlights Alzheimer disease pathways,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 107, no. 28, pp. 12698–12703, 2010.
- F. E. Dewey, M. V. Perez, M. T. Wheeler et al., “Gene coexpression network topology of cardiac development, hypertrophy, and failure,” Circulation, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 26–35, 2011.
- A. J. Walley, P. Jacobson, M. Falchi, et al., “Differential coexpression analysis of obesity-associated networks in human subcutaneous adipose tissue,” International Journal of Obesity. In press.
- A. Torkamani, B. Dean, N. J. Schork, and E. A. Thomas, “Coexpression network analysis of neural tissue reveals perturbations in developmental processes in schizophrenia,” Genome Research, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 403–412, 2010.
- M. P. Gustin, C. Z. Paultre, J. Random, G. Bricca, and C. Cerutti, “Functional meta-analysis of double connectivity in gene coexpression networks in mammals,” Physiological Genomics, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 34–41, 2008.
- L. Mao, J. L. van Hemert, S. Dash, and J. A. Dickerson, “Arabidopsis gene co-expression network and its functional modules,” BMC Bioinformatics, vol. 10, article 346, 2009.
- S. Horvath and J. Dong, “Geometric interpretation of gene coexpression network analysis,” PLoS Computational Biology, vol. 4, no. 8, Article ID e1000117, 2008.
- A. E. Teschendorff and S. Severini, “Increased entropy of signal transduction in the cancer metastasis phenotype,” BMC Systems Biology, vol. 4, article 104, 2010.
- R. R. Nayak, M. Kearns, R. S. Spielman, and V. G. Cheung, “Coexpression network based on natural variation in human gene expression reveals gene interactions and functions,” Genome Research, vol. 19, no. 11, pp. 1953–1962, 2009.
- J. K. Choi, U. Yu, O. J. Yoo, and S. Kim, “Differential coexpression analysis using microarray data and its application to human cancer,” Bioinformatics, vol. 21, no. 24, pp. 4348–4355, 2005.
- S. G. Ma, M. Y. Shi, Y. Li, D. H. Yi, and B. C. Shia, “Incorportating gene co-expression network in identification of cancer prognosis markers,” BMC Bioinformatics, vol. 11, article 271, 2010.
- S. H. Huang, W. Zhou, and A. Jong, “Focal point theory models for dissecting dynamic duality problems of microbial infections,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2008, no. 1, Article ID 856314, 8 pages, 2008.
- S. Moir, T. W. Chun, and A. S. Fauci, “Pathogenic mechanisms of HIV disease,” Annual Review of Pathology, vol. 6, pp. 223–248, 2011.
- M. Permanyer, E. Ballana, and J. A. Este, “Endocytosis of HIV: anything goes,” Trends in Microbiology, vol. 18, no. 12, pp. 543–551, 2010.
- J. Fellay, K. V. Shianna, A. Telenti, and D. B. Goldstein, “Host genetics and HIV-1: the final phase?” PLoS Pathogens, vol. 6, no. 10, Article ID e1001033, 2010.
- Q. Li, A. J. Smith, T. W. Schacker et al., “Microarray analysis of lymphatic tissue reveals stage-specific, gene expression signatures in HIV-1 infection,” Journal of Immunology, vol. 183, no. 3, pp. 1975–1982, 2009.
- N. Kondo, G. Sembajwe, I. Kawachi, R. M. van Dam, S. V. Subramanian, and Z. Yamagata, “Income inequality, mortality, and self rated health: meta-analysis of multilevel studies,” British Medical Journal, vol. 339, Article ID b4471, 2009.
- A. L. Jackson, C. A. Davies, and A. H. Leyland, “Do differences in the administrative structure of populations confound comparisons of geographic health inequalities?” BMC Medical Research Methodology, vol. 10, article 74, 2010.
- M. A. Munga and O. Mæstad, “Measuring inequalities in the distribution of health workers: the case of Tanzania,” Human Resources for Health, vol. 7, article 4, 2009.
- G. J. Glasser, “Variance formulas for the mean difference and coefficient of concentration,” Journal of the American Statistical Association, vol. 57, no. 299, pp. 648–654, 1962.
- E. Schechtman and S. Yitzhaki, “On the proper bounds of the Gini correlation,” Economics Letters, vol. 63, no. 2, pp. 133–138, 1999.
- W. C. Xu, Y. S. Hung, M. Niranjan, and M. F. Shen, “Asymptotic mean and variance of Gini correlation for bivariate normal samples,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 522–534, 2010.
- K. N. Aldy, N. C. Horton, P. A. Mathew, and S. O. Mathew, “2B4+ CD8+ T cells play an inhibitory role against constrained HIV epitopes,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 405, no. 3, pp. 503–507, 2011.
- Y. H. Zheng, H. F. Yu, and B. M. Peterlin, “Human p32 protein relieves a post-transcriptional block to HIV replication in murine cells,” Nature Cell Biology, vol. 5, no. 7, pp. 611–618, 2003.
- N. K. Saksena, B. Rodes, B. Wang, and V. Soriano, “Elite HIV controllers: myth or reality?” AIDS Reviews, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 195–207, 2007.
- G. Silvestri, M. Paiardini, I. Pandrea, M. M. Lederman, and D. L. Sodora, “Understanding the benign nature of SIV infection in natural hosts,” Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 117, no. 11, pp. 3148–3154, 2007.
- L. Weiss, C. Piketty, L. Assoumou et al., “Relationship between regulatory T cells and immune activation in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients interrupting antiretroviral therapy,” PLoS ONE, vol. 5, no. 7, Article ID e11659, 2010.
- P. Ancuta, P. Monteiro, and R. P. Sekaly, “Th17 lineage commitment and HIV-1 pathogenesis,” Current Opinion in HIV and AIDS, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 158–165, 2010.
- M. Natarajan, A. August, and A. J. Henderson, “Combinatorial signals from CD28 differentially regulate human immunodeficiency virus transcription in T cells,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 285, no. 23, pp. 17338–17347, 2010.
- V. Giordanengo, M. Limouse, A. Doglio, J. Lesimple, and J. C. Lefebvre, “Alteration of CD44 expression in HIV type 1-infected T cell lines,” AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses, vol. 12, no. 17, pp. 1615–1622, 1996.
- J. S. Albin, R. S. LaRue, J. A. Weaver et al., “A single amino acid in human APOBEC3F alters susceptibility to HIV-1 Vif,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 285, no. 52, pp. 40785–40792, 2010.
- A. Okumura, G. Lu, I. P. Rowe, and P. M. Pitha, “Innate antiviral response targets HIV-1 release by the induction of ubiquitin-like protein ISG15,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 103, no. 5, pp. 1440–1445, 2006.