- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 939860, 12 pages
Induction of Virus-Specific Cytotoxic T Lymphocytes as a Basis for the Development of Broadly Protective Influenza Vaccines
1Department of Virology, Erasmus Medical Center, P.O. Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
2Viroclinics Biosciences BV, Parklaan 44, 3016 BC Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Received 3 June 2011; Revised 1 July 2011; Accepted 2 August 2011
Academic Editor: Zhengguo Xiao
Copyright © 2011 Marine L. B. Hillaire et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [31 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Masoumeh Tavassoti Kheiri, Abbas Jamali, Mohammad Shenagari, Hamidreza Hashemi, Farzaneh Sabahi, Fatemeh Atyabi, and Reza Saghiri, “Influenza virosome/DNA vaccine complex as a new formulation to induce intra-subtypic protection against influenza virus challenge,” Antiviral Research, vol. 95, no. 3, pp. 229–236, 2012.
- Carolien E. van der Sandt, Joost H. C. M. Kreijtz, and Guus F. Rimmelzwaan, “Evasion of influenza A viruses from innate and adaptive immune responses,” Viruses, vol. 4, no. 9, pp. 1438–1476, 2012.
- Rogier Bodewes, Pieter LA Fraaij, Albert DME Osterhaus, and Guus F Rimmelzwaan, “Pediatric influenza vaccination: understanding the T-cell response,” Expert Review of Vaccines, vol. 11, no. 8, pp. 963–971, 2012.
- Katherine A. Richards, Francisco A. Chaves, Shabnam Alam, and Andrea J. Sant, “Trivalent inactivated influenza vaccines induce broad immunological reactivity to both internal virion components and influenza surface proteins,” Vaccine, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 219–225, 2012.
- M. L. B. Hillaire, S. E. Vogelzang-van Trierum, J. H. C. M. Kreijtz, G. de Mutsert, R. A. M. Fouchier, A. D. M. E. Osterhaus, and G. F. Rimmelzwaan, “Human T-cells directed to seasonal influenza A virus cross-react with 2009 pandemic influenza A (H1N1) and swine-origin triple-reassortant H3N2 influenza viruses,” Journal of General Virology, vol. 94, no. Pt_3, pp. 583–592, 2012.
- So-Hee Kim, Joo Young Kim, Youngjoo Choi, Huan H. Nguyen, Man Ki Song, and Jun Chang, “Mucosal Vaccination with Recombinant Adenovirus Encoding Nucleoprotein Provides Potent Protection against Influenza Virus Infection,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 9, 2013.
- Emily A. Hemann, Sang-Moo Kang, and Kevin L. Legge, “Protective CD8 T cell-mediated immunity against influenza a virus infection following influenza virus-like particle vaccination,” Journal of Immunology, vol. 191, no. 5, pp. 2486–2494, 2013.
- Nicholas Glanville, Gary R. Mclean, Bruno Guy, Valerie Lecouturier, Catherine Berry, Yves Girerd, Christophe Gregoire, Ross P. Walton, Rebecca M. Pearson, Tatiana Kebadze, Nicolas Burdin, Nathan W. Bartlett, Jeffrey W. Almond, and Sebastian L. Johnston, “Cross-Serotype Immunity Induced by Immunization with a Conserved Rhinovirus Capsid Protein,” Plos Pathogens, vol. 9, no. 9, 2013.
- Kanta Subbarao, and Yumiko Matsuoka, “The prospects and challenges of universal vaccines for influenza,” Trends in Microbiology, 2013.
- K. Kai McKinstry, Richard W. Dutton, Susan L. Swain, and Tara M. Strutt, “Memory CD4 T Cell-Mediated Immunity against Influenza A Virus: More than a Little Helpful,” Archivum Immunologiae et Therapiae Experimentalis, 2013.
- Rogier Bodewes, Albert D.M.E. Osterhaus, Guus F. Rimmelzwaan, Joost H.C.M. Kreijtz, Geert van Amerongen, Marine L. B. Hillaire, Stella E. Vogelzang-van Trierum, Nella J. Nieuwkoop, Peter van Run, Thijs Kuiken, and Ron A.M. Fouchier, “Infection of the upper respiratory tract with seasonal influenza A(H3N2) virus induces protective immunity in ferrets against infection with A(H1N1)pdm09 virus after intranasal, but not intratracheal, inoculation,” Journal of Virology, vol. 87, no. 8, pp. 4293–4301, 2013.
- Dustin P. Patterson, Agnieszka Rynda-Apple, Ann L. Harmsen, Allen G. Harmsen, and Trevor Douglas, “Biomimetic Antigenic Nanoparticles Elicit Controlled Protective Immune Response to Influenza,” ACS Nano, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 3036–3044, 2013.
- Júlia Vergara-Alert, Paolo Cordioli, Fernando Rodriguez, Ayub Darji, Ana Moreno, Juliana G. Zabala, Kateri Bertran, Taiana P. Costa, Iván Cordón, Raquel Rivas, Natàlia Majó, and Núria Busquets, “Exposure to a Low Pathogenic A/H7N2 Virus in Chickens Protects against Highly Pathogenic A/H7N1 Virus but Not against Subsequent Infection with A/H5N1,” PLoS ONE, vol. 8, no. 3, 2013.
- Lorena Itatí Ibañez, Walter Fiers, Xavier Saelens, Kenny Roose, Marina De Filette, Michael Schotsaert, Jessica De Sloovere, Stefan Roels, Charlotte Pollard, Bert Schepens, and Johan Grooten, “M2e-Displaying Virus-Like Particles with Associated RNA Promote T Helper 1 Type Adaptive Immunity against Influenza A,” PLoS ONE, vol. 8, no. 3, 2013.
- Weidong Xu, Linda Wooldridge, Shinji Makino, John C. Morrill, Clarence J. Peters, June Kan-Mitchell, Douglas M. Watts, Margaret C. Costanzo, Xiaolei Tang, Leon A. Venegas, Feng Jiao, Alessandro Sette, John Sidney, and Andrew K. Sewell, “The Nucleocapsid Protein of Rift Valley Fever Virus Is a Potent Human CD8+ T Cell Antigen and Elicits Memory Responses,” PLoS ONE, vol. 8, no. 3, 2013.
- Linda H.L. Lua, Natalie K. Connors, Frank Sainsbury, Yap P. Chuan, Nani Wibowo, and Anton P.J. Middelberg, “Bioengineering virus-like particles as vaccines,” Biotechnology and Bioengineering, vol. 111, no. 3, pp. 425–440, 2013.
- Guus F. Rimmelzwaan, “Immune responses to infection with H5N1 influenza virus,” Virus Research, vol. 178, no. 1, pp. 44–52, 2013.
- Joerg Rohde, Ralf Amann, and Hanns-Joachim Rziha, “New Orf Virus (Parapoxvirus) Recombinant Expressing H5 Hemagglutinin Protects Mice against H5N1 and H1N1 Influenza A Virus,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 12, 2013.
- Miriam Klausberger, Monika Wilde, Dieter Palmberger, Rong Hai, Randy A. Albrecht, Irina Margine, Ariana Hirsh, Adolfo García-Sastre, Reingard Grabherr, and Florian Krammer, “One-shot vaccination with an insect cell-derived low-dose influenza A H7 virus-like particle preparation protects mice against H7N9 challenge,” Vaccine, 2013.
- Natalie Pica, and Peter Palese, “Toward a Universal Influenza Virus Vaccine: Prospects and Challenges,” Annual Review of Medicine, vol. 64, no. 1, pp. 189–202, 2013.
- Teresa Lambe, John B. Carey, Yuanyuan Li, Alexandra J. Spencer, Arjan Van Laarhoven, Caitlin E. Mullarkey, Anto Vrdoljak, Anne C. Moore, and Sarah C. Gilbert, “Immunity against heterosubtypic influenza virus induced by adenovirus and mva expressing nucleoprotein and matrix protein-1,” Scientific Reports, vol. 3, 2013.
- Yo Han Jang, and Baik Lin Seong, “Cross-Protective Immune Responses Elicited by Live Attenuated Influenza Vaccines,” Yonsei Medical Journal, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 271, 2013.
- V. Mucha, and F. Kostolansky, “HA2 glycopolypeptide of influenza A virus and antiviral immunity,” Acta Virologica, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 247–256, 2013.
- Nathalie Landry, Stéphane Pillet, David Favre, Jean-François Poulin, Sonia Trépanier, Bader Yassine-Diab, and Brian J. Ward, “Influenza Virus-Like Particle Vaccines made in Nicotiana benthamiana Elicit Durable, Poly-Functional and Cross-Reactive T Cell Responses to Influenza HA Antigens,” Clinical Immunology, 2014.
- Arwen F. Altenburg, Joost H. C. M. Kreijtz, Rory D. de Vries, Fei Song, Robert Fux, Guus F. Rimmelzwaan, Gerd Sutter, and Asisa Volz, “Modified Vaccinia Virus Ankara (MVA) as Production Platform for Vaccines against Influenza and Other Viral Respiratory Diseases,” Viruses-Basel, vol. 6, no. 7, pp. 2735–2761, 2014.
- Cécile van Els, Siri Mjaaland, Lisbeth Næss, Julia Sarkadi, Eva Gonczol, Karen Smith Korsholm, Jon Ulf Hansen, Jørgen de Jonge, Gideon Kersten, Jennifer Warner, Amanda Semper, Corine Kruiswijk, and Fredrik Oftung, “Fast vaccine design and development based on correlates of protection (COPs): Influenza as a trendsetter,” Human vaccines & immunotherapeutics, vol. 10, no. 7, 2014.
- Junwei Li, Maria T Arévalo, Yanping Chen, Olivia Posadas, Jacob A Smith, and Mingtao Zeng, “Intranasal immunization with influenza antigens conjugated with Cholera toxin subunit B stimulates broad spectrum immunity against influenza viruses,” Human vaccines & immunotherapeutics, vol. 10, no. 6, 2014.
- Junwei Li, Maria T. Arevalo, Yanping Chen, Olivia Posadas, Jacob A. Smith, and Mingtao Zeng, “Intranasal immunization with influenza antigens conjugated with cholera toxin subunit B stimulates broad spectrum immunity against influenza viruses,” Human Vaccines & Immunotherapeutics, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 1211–1220, 2014.
- Peter C. Soema, Geert-Jan Willems, Klaas van Twillert, Gijsbert van de Wijdeven, Claire J. Boog, Gideon F. A. Kersten, and Jean-Pierre Amorij, “Solid Bioneedle-Delivered Influenza Vaccines Are Highly Thermostable and Induce Both Humoral and Cellular Immune Responses,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 3, 2014.
- Anne Chauvat, Nadine Benhamouda, Alain Gey, Francois M Lemoine, Staffan Paulie, Fabrice Carrat, Marie-Lise Gougeon, Flore Rozenberg, Anne Krivine, C Baillou, Paul Lehmann, Françoise Quintin-Colonna, Odile Launay, and Eric Tartour, “Clinical validation of IFNγ/IL-10 and IFNγ/IL-2 FluoroSpot assays for the detection of Tr1 T cells and influenza vaccine monitoring in humans,” Human vaccines & immunotherapeutics, vol. 10, no. 1, 2014.
- Madhu Khanna, Sachin Sharma, Binod Kumar, and Roopali Rajput, “Protective Immunity Based on the Conserved Hemagglutinin Stalk Domain and Its Prospects for Universal Influenza Vaccine Development,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–7, 2014.