- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 941515, 6 pages
Association of Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Intron 16 Insertion/Deletion and Angiotensin II Type 1 Receptor A1166C Gene Polymorphisms with Preeclampsia in South East of Iran
1Cellular and Molecular Research Center, Zahedan University of Medical Sciences, Zahedan, Iran
2Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Zahedan University of Medical Sciences, Zahedan, Iran
3Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, Zahedan University of Medical Sciences, Zahedan, Iran
4Department of Microbiology, School of Medicine, Zahedan University of Medical Sciences, Zahedan, Iran
Received 26 February 2011; Accepted 4 June 2011
Academic Editor: Saulius Butenas
Copyright © 2011 Saeedeh Salimi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Grill, C. Rusterholz, R. Zanetti-Dällenbach et al., “Potential markers of preeclampsia—a review,” Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology, vol. 14, pp. 7–70, 2009.
- D. M. Shah, “Role of the renin-angiotensin system in the pathogenesis of preeclampsia,” American Journal of Physiology, vol. 288, no. 4, pp. F614–F625, 2005.
- B. Hocher, Y. P. Chen, S. Hügle et al., “Impact of maternal endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene polymorphisms on blood pressure, protein excretion and fetal outcome in pregnancy,” Journal of Human Hypertension, vol. 22, no. 9, pp. 641–647, 2008.
- F. G. Cunningham, K. J. Leveno, S. L. Bloom, J. C. Hauth, D. J. Rouse, and C. Y. Spong, Williams Obstetrics, vol. 712, Mc Graw Hill, New York, NY, USA, 23rd edition, 2010.
- R. A. Irani and Y. Xia, “The functional role of the renin-angiotensin system in pregnancy and preeclampsia,” Placenta, vol. 29, no. 9, pp. 763–771, 2008.
- F. A. Sayed-Tabatabaei, B. A. Oostra, A. Isaacs, C. M. van Duijn, and J. C. M. Witteman, “ACE polymorphisms,” Circulation Research, vol. 98, no. 9, pp. 1123–1133, 2006.
- E. J. Roccella, “Report of the national high blood pressure education program working group on high blood pressure in pregnancy,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 183, pp. S1–S22, 2000.
- A. Walfisch, M. Hallak, D. K. James, P. J. Stear, C. P. Weiner, and B. Gonik, High Risk Pregnancy Management Options, vol. 777, Saunders, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 3rd edition, 2006.
- B. Rigat, C. Hubert, P. Corvol, and F. Soubrier, “PCR detection of the insertion/deletion polymorphism of the human angiotensin converting enzyme gene (DCP1) (dipeptidyl carboxypeptidase 1),” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 1433–1436, 1992.
- S. M. Shafiee, M. Firoozrai, S. Salimi, H. Zand, B. Hesabi, and A. Mohebbi, “Angiotensin converting enzyme DD genotype not associated with increased risk of coronary artery disease in the Iranian population,” Pathophysiology, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 163–167, 2010.
- M. A. Araújo, B. S. Menezes, C. Lourenço, E. R. Cordeiro, R. R. Gatti, and L. R. Goulart, “The A1166C polymorphism of the angiotensin II type-1 receptor in acute myocardial infarction,” Arquivos Brasileiros de Cardiologia, vol. 83, no. 5, pp. 404–413, 2004.
- B. Baudin, “Polymorphism in angiotensin II receptor genes and hypertension,” Experimental Physiology, vol. 190, pp. 277–282, 2004.
- H. Choi, J. Y. Kang, H. S. Yoon et al., “Association of angiotensin-converting enzyme and angiotensinogen gene polymorphisms with preeclampsia,” Journal of Korean Medical Science, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 253–257, 2004.
- A. Bonnardeaux, E. Davies, X. Jeunemaitre et al., “Angiotensin II type 1 receptor gene polymorphisms in human essential hypertension,” Hypertension, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 63–69, 1994.
- N. Zhou, P. Yu, J. Chen, H. Huang, and S. Jiang, “Detection of insertion/deletion polymorphism of angiotensin converting enzyme gene in preeclampsia,” Chinese Journal of Medical Genetics, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 29–31, 1999.
- M. Zhu, Y. Xia, and W. Cheng, “Study on a deletion polymorphism of the angiotensin converting enzyme gene in pregnancy induced hypertension,” Chinese Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 83–85, 1998.
- F. Gürdöl, E. Işbilen, H. Yilmaz, T. Isbir, and A. Dirican, “The association between preeclampsia and angiotensin-converting enzyme insertion/deletion polymorphism,” Clinica Chimica Acta, vol. 341, no. 1-2, pp. 127–131, 2004.
- H. Li, Y. Ma, Q. Fu, and L. Wang, “Angiotensin-converting enzyme insertion/deletion (ACE I/D) and angiotensin II type 1 receptor (AT1R) gene polymorphism and its association with preeclampsia in Chinese women,” Hypertension in Pregnancy, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 293–301, 2007.
- B. Mišković, J. Sertić, A. Stavljenić-Rukavina, and F. Stipoljev, “Association of angiotensin-converting enzyme insertion-deletion polymorphism with preeclampsia,” Collegium Antropologicum, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 339–343, 2008.
- C. Mandò, P. Antonazzo, S. Tabano et al., “Angiotensin-converting enzyme and adducin-1 polymorphisms in women with preeclampsia and gestational hypertension,” Reproductive Sciences, vol. 16, no. 9, pp. 819–826, 2009.
- E. P. Velloso, R. Vieira, A. C. Cabral, E. Kalapothakis, and R. A. Santos, “Reduced plasma levels of angiotensin-(1-7) and renin activity in preeclamptic patients are associated with the angiotensin I-converting enzyme deletion/deletion genotype,” Brazilian Journal of Medical and Biological Research, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 583–5890, 2007.
- C. Benedetto, L. Marozio, G. Ciccone et al., “Synergistic effect of renin-angiotensin system and nitric oxide synthase genes polymorphisms in pre-eclampsia,” Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica, vol. 86, no. 6, pp. 678–682, 2007.
- K. Nalogowska-Glosnicka, B. Lacka, M. Zychma, W. Grzeszczak, and B. Michalski, “Lack of relationship between angiotensinogen gene m235t polymorphism and gene insertion/deletion (I/D-intron 16) and Pst I RFLP (P/M-intron 7) polymorphisms of the angiotensin I converting enzyme (ACE) gene and the development of H-gestosis. Preliminary results,” Pol Arch Med Wewn, vol. 100, no. 1, pp. 19–26, 1998.
- J. T. Heiskanen, M. M. Pirskanen, M. J. Hiltunen, A. J. Mannermaa, K. R. Punnonen, and S. T. Heinonen, “Insertion-deletion polymorphism in the gene for angiotensin-converting enzyme is associated with obstetric cholestasis but not with preeclampsia,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 185, no. 3, pp. 600–603, 2001.
- A. O. Galão, L. H. de Souza, B. E. da Costa, R. M. Scheibe, and C. E. Poli de Figueiredo, “Angiotensin-converting enzyme gene polymorphism in preeclampsia and normal pregnancy,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 191, no. 3, pp. 821–824, 2004.
- Y. J. Kim, M. H. Park, H. S. Park, K. S. Lee, E. H. Ha, and M. G. Pang, “Associations of polymorphisms of the angiotensinogen M235 polymorphism and angiotensin-converting-enzyme intron 16 insertion/deletion polymorphism with preeclampsia in Korean women,” European Journal of Obstetrics Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, vol. 116, no. 1, pp. 48–53, 2004.
- C. B. Roberts, L. Rom, J. Moodley, and R. J. Pegoraro, “Hypertension-related gene polymorphisms in pre-eclampsia, eclampsia and gestational hypertation in black South African women,” Journal of Hypertension, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 945–948, 2004.
- G. Kobashi, A. Hata, K. Shido et al., “Insertion/deletion polymorphism of the angiotensin-converting enzyme gene and preeclampsia in Japanese patients,” Seminars in Thrombosis and Hemostasis, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 346–350, 2005.
- N. C. Serrano, L. A. Díaz, M. C. Páez et al., “Angiotensin-converting enzyme I/D polymorphism and preeclampsia risk: evidence of small-study bias,” PLoS Medicine, vol. 3, no. 12, pp. 2304–2316, 2006.
- P. K. Aggarwal, V. Jain, and V. Jha, “Endothelial nitric oxide synthase, angiotensin-converting enzyme and angiotensinogen gene polymorphisms in hypertensive disorders of pregnancy,” Hypertension Research, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 473–477, 2010.
- I. Medica, A. Kastrin, and B. Peterlin, “Genetic polymorphisms in vasoactive genes and preeclampsia: a meta-analysis,” European Journal of Obstetrics Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, vol. 131, no. 2, pp. 115–126, 2007.
- L. Morgan, S. Crawshaw, P. N. Baker, J. F. Brookfield, B. F. Pipkin, and N. Kalsheker, “Distortion of maternal-fetal angiotensin II type 1 receptor allele transmission in pre-eclampsia,” Journal of Medical Genetics, vol. 35, no. 8, pp. 632–636, 1998.
- Y. Hu, Y. Bi, and G. Guan, “The association between A1166—>C of angiotensin II type 1 receptor gene and pregnancy induced hypertension,” Chinese Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 136–138, 2000.
- A. Seremak-Mrozikiewicz, M. Dubiel, K. Drews, G. H. Breborowicz, and P. M. Mrozikiewicz, “1166C mutation of angiotensin II type 1 receptor gene is correlated with umbilical blood flow velocimetry in women with preeclampsia,” Journal of Maternal-Fetal and Neonatal Medicine, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 117–121, 2005.
- I. Bouba, G. Makrydimas, R. Kalaitzidis, D. E. Lolis, K. C. Siamopoulos, and I. Georgiou, “Interaction between the polymorphisms of the renin-angiotensin system in preeclampsia,” European Journal of Obstetrics Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, vol. 110, no. 1, pp. 8–11, 2003.