- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 954602, 8 pages
Cytotoxic CD4 T Cells in Antiviral Immunity
Department of Pathology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Received 2 July 2011; Accepted 9 September 2011
Academic Editor: Julie Curtsinger
Copyright © 2011 Nikki B. Marshall and Susan L. Swain. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [31 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Alexander W. Boyden, Kevin L. Legge, and Thomas J. Waldschmidt, “Pulmonary Infection with Influenza A Virus Induces Site-Specific Germinal Center and T Follicular Helper Cell Responses,” Plos One, vol. 7, no. 7, 2012.
- M. Fang, N. A. Siciliano, A. R. Hersperger, F. Roscoe, A. Hu, X. Ma, A. R. Shamsedeen, L. C. Eisenlohr, and L. J. Sigal, “Perforin-dependent CD4+ T-cell cytotoxicity contributes to control a murine poxvirus infection,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, vol. 109, no. 25, pp. 9983–9988, 2012.
- L S Cauley, and L Lefrançois, “Guarding the perimeter: protection of the mucosa by tissue-resident memory T cells,” Mucosal Immunology, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 14–23, 2012.
- Martina Perše, and Anton Cerar, “Dextran Sodium Sulphate Colitis Mouse Model: Traps and Tricks,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2012, pp. 1–13, 2012.
- Alice O. Kamphorst, “CD4 T-cell immunotherapy for chronic viral infections and cancer,” Immunotherapy, vol. 5, no. 9, pp. 975–987, 2013.
- Diane Goéré, Nathalie Chaput, Laurence Zitvogel, Caroline Flament, Sylvie Rusakiewicz, Vichnou-Colame Poirier, Oliver Kepp, Isabelle Martins, Julien Pesquet, Alexander Eggermont, and Dominique Elias, “Potent immunomodulatory effects of the trifunctional antibody catumaxomab,” Cancer Research, vol. 73, no. 15, pp. 4663–4673, 2013.
- Tara M. Strutt, K. Kai McKinstry, Nikki B. Marshall, Allen M. Vong, Richard W. Dutton, and Susan L. Swain, “ Multipronged CD4 + T-cell effector and memory responses cooperate to provide potent immunity against respiratory virus ,” Immunological Reviews, vol. 255, no. 1, pp. 149–164, 2013.
- Nora Manzke, Ilseyar Akhmetzyanova, Kim J. Hasenkrug, Mirko Trilling, Gennadiy Zelinskyy, and Ulf Dittmer, “CD4+ T cells develop antiretroviral cytotoxic activity in the absence of regulatory T cells and CD8+ T cells,” Journal of Virology, vol. 87, no. 11, pp. 6306–6313, 2013.
- Pablo Martínez-Sosa, and Luis Mendoza, “The regulatory network that controls the differentiation of T lymphocytes,” Biosystems, 2013.
- Cherie T. Ng, Laura M. Snell, David G. Brooks, and Michael B.A. Oldstone, “Networking at the Level of Host Immunity: Immune Cell Interactions during Persistent Viral Infections,” Cell Host & Microbe, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 652–664, 2013.
- Sanda Remakus, Daniel Rubio, Avital Lev, Xueying Ma, Min Fang, Ren-Huan Xu, and Luis J. Sigal, “Memory CD8+ T cells can outsource IFN-γ production but not cytolytic killing for antiviral protection,” Cell Host and Microbe, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 546–557, 2013.
- Yuhung Lin, Soyoko Morimoto, Taichi Tamanaka, Sho Tachino, Naoki Hosen, Sumiyuki Nishida, Yusuke Oji, Atsushi Kumanogoh, Haruo Sugiyama, Fumihiro Fujiki, Akiko Katsuhara, Yoshihiro Oka, Akihiro Tsuboi, Nao Aoyama, Satoe Tanii, Hiroko Nakajima, and Naoya Tatsumi, “HLA-DPB1*05: 01-restricted WT1332-specific tcr-transduced CD4+ T lymphocytes display a helper activity for WT1-specific ctl induction and a cytotoxicity against leukemia cells,” Journal of Immunotherapy, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 159–170, 2013.
- Steven K. Hildemann, Jens Eberlein, Bennett Davenport, Tom T. Nguyen, Francisco Victorino, and Dirk Homann, “High Efficiency of Antiviral CD4+ Killer T Cells,” PLoS ONE, vol. 8, no. 4, 2013.
- Kong Chen, and Jay K. Kolls, “T Cell–Mediated Host Immune Defenses in the Lung,” Annual Review of Immunology, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 605–633, 2013.
- Daniel Mucida, Mohammad Mushtaq Husain, Sawako Muroi, Femke van Wijk, Ryo Shinnakasu, Yoshinori Naoe, Bernardo Sgarbi Reis, Yujun Huang, Florence Lambolez, Michael Docherty, Antoine Attinger, Jr-Wen Shui, Gisen Kim, Christopher J. Lena, Shinya Sakaguchi, Chizuko Miyamoto, Peng Wang, Koji Atarashi, Yunji Park, Toshinori Nakayama, Kenya Honda, Wilfried Ellmeier, Mitchell Kronenberg, Ichiro Taniuchi, and Hilde Cheroutre, “Transcriptional reprogramming of mature CD4(+) helper T cells generates distinct MHC class II-restricted cytotoxic T lymphocytes,” Nature Immunology, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 281–289, 2013.
- Daniel Mucida, Michael Docherty, Antoine Attinger, Jr-Wen Shui, Gisen Kim, Christopher J Lena, Shinya Sakaguchi, Chizuko Miyamoto, Peng Wang, Koji Atarashi, Yunji Park, Mohammad Mushtaq Husain, Toshinori Nakayama, Kenya Honda, Wilfried Ellmeier, Mitchell Kronenberg, Ichiro Taniuchi, Hilde Cheroutre, Sawako Muroi, Femke Van Wijk, Ryo Shinnakasu, Yoshinori Naoe, Bernardo Sgarbi Reis, Yujun Huang, and Florence Lambolez, “Transcriptional reprogramming of mature CD4 + helper T cells generates distinct MHC class II-restricted cytotoxic T lymphocytes,” Nature Immunology, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 281–289, 2013.
- Michele K. Anderson, “Changing course by lymphocyte lineage redirection,” Nature Immunology, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 199–201, 2013.
- Marie-Clare St. Rose, Roslyn A. Taylor, Suman Bandyopadhyay, Harry Z. Qui, Adam T. Hagymasi, Anthony T. Vella, and Adam J. Adler, “CD134/CD137 dual costimulation-elicited IFN-γ maximizes effector T-cell function but limits Treg expansion,” Immunology and Cell Biology, vol. 91, no. 2, pp. 173–183, 2013.
- Emily SJ Edwards, Corey Smith, and Rajiv Khanna, “Phenotypic and transcriptional profile correlates with functional plasticity of antigen-specific CD4+ T cells,” Immunology and Cell Biology, 2013.
- Luca Sigalotti, Elisabetta Fratta, Sandra Coral, and Michele Maio, “Epigenetic drugs as immunomodulators for combination therapies in solid tumors,” Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 2013.
- Hilde Cheroutre, and Mohammad Mushtaq Husain, “CD4 CTL: Living up to the challenge,” Seminars in Immunology, 2013.
- Laiqing Hua, Shuyu Yao, D Duy Pham, Li Jiang, Jeffrey Wright, Deepali Sawant, Alexander L. Dent, Thomas J. Braciale, Mark H. Kaplan, and Jie Sun, “Cytokine-Dependent Induction of CD4(+) T cells with Cytotoxic Potential during Influenza Virus Infection,” Journal of Virology, vol. 87, no. 21, pp. 11884–11893, 2013.
- Thomas Harrer, Andreas Plettenberg, Keikawus Arastéh, Jan Van Lunzen, Gerd Fätkenheuer, Hans Jaeger, Michel Janssens, Wivine Burny, Alix Collard, François Roman, Alfred Loeliger, Marguerite Koutsoukos, Patricia Bourguignon, Ludo Lavreys, and Gerald Voss, “Safety and immunogenicity of an adjuvanted protein therapeutic HIV-1 vaccine in subjects with HIV-1 infection: A randomised placebo-controlled study,” Vaccine, 2013.
- Anna L Furmanski, Ryan F L O'Shaughnessy, Jose Ignacio Saldana, Michael P Blundell, Adrian J Thrasher, Neil J Sebire, E Graham Davies, and Tessa Crompton, “T-Cell Reconstitution after Thymus Xenotransplantation Induces Hair Depigmentation and Loss,” Journal of Investigative Dermatology, vol. 133, no. 5, pp. 1221–1230, 2013.
- Rudolf Wank, Barbara Laumbacher, and Barbara Fellerhoff, “ A new look at chronic Chlamydia infections and the role of the MHC/HLA in diseases of the CNS ,” Future Neurology, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 55–66, 2013.
- Martina Petráčková, Vincent Lučanský, and Vladimír Vonka, “Tumor Protective Activity of CD4+ but Not of CD8+ T Cells in DNA-Vaccinated Mice Challenged with bcr-abl-Transformed Cells,” Clinical and Developmental Immunology, vol. 2013, pp. 1–5, 2013.
- Nidhi Goyal, Ajay Rana, Abhilasha Ahlawat, Krishna Reddy V. Bijjem, and Puneet Kumar, “Animal models of inflammatory bowel disease: a review,” Inflammopharmacology, 2014.
- Alexander W. Boyden, Allison M. Frickman, Kevin L. Legge, and Thomas J. Waldschmidt, “Primary and long-term B-cell responses in the upper airway and lung after influenza A virus infection,” Immunologic Research, 2014.
- Noah J. Tubo, “CD4(+) T Cells: Guardians of the Phagosome,” Clinical Microbiology Reviews, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 200–213, 2014.
- Annett Hessel, Helga Savidis-Dacho, Sogue Coulibaly, Daniel Portsmouth, Thomas R. Kreil, Brian A. Crowe, Michael G. Schwendinger, Andreas Pilz, P. Noel Barrett, Falko G. Falkner, and Birgit Schaefer, “MVA Vectors Expressing Conserved Influenza Proteins Protect Mice against Lethal Challenge with H5N1, H9N2 and H7N1 Viruses,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 2, 2014.
- Wenliang Zhang, Vinayak Brahmakshatriya, and Susan L. Swain, “CD4 T cell Defects in the Aged: Causes, Consequences and Strategies to Circumvent,” Experimental Gerontology, 2014.