- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 981214, 12 pages
The Gut Microbiota and Human Health with an Emphasis on the Use of Microencapsulated Bacterial Cells
Biomedical Technology and Cell Therapy Research Laboratory, Departments of Biomedical Engineering and Physiology and Artificial Cells and Organs Research Center, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, 3775 University Street, Montreal, QC, H3A 2B4, Canada
Received 19 November 2010; Revised 16 February 2011; Accepted 11 April 2011
Academic Editor: Eric C. Martens
Copyright © 2011 Satya Prakash et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [15 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Shyamali Saha, Catherine Tomaro-Duchesneau, Maryam Tabrizian, and Satya Prakash, “Probiotics as oral health biotherapeutics,” Expert Opinion On Biological Therapy, vol. 12, no. 9, pp. 1207–1220, 2012.
- Lidia Daimiel, Teodoro Vargas, and Ana Ramírez de Molina, “Nutritional genomics for the characterization of the effect of bioactive molecules in lipid metabolism and related pathways,” Electrophoresis, vol. 33, no. 15, pp. 2266–2289, 2012.
- Catia M. Peres, Cidalia Peres, Adrian Hernandez-Mendoza, and F. Xavier Malcata, “Review on fermented plant materials as carriers and sources of potentially probiotic lactic acid bacteria - With an emphasis on table olives,” Trends in Food Science & Technology, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 31–42, 2012.
- Shaun Kernaghan, Adina R. Bujold, and Janet I. MacInnes, “The microbiome of the soft palate of swine,” Animal Health Research Reviews, vol. 13, no. 01, pp. 110–120, 2012.
- Mitchell L. Jones, Christopher J. Martoni, Sandeep Tamber, Mathieu Parent, and Satya Prakash, “Evaluation of safety and tolerance of microencapsulated Lactobacillus reuteri NCIMB 30242 in a yogurt formulation: A randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind study,” Food and Chemical Toxicology, vol. 50, no. 6, pp. 2216–2223, 2012.
- Catherine Tomaro-Duchesneau, Shyamali Saha, Meenakshi Malhotra, Michael Coussa-Charley, Imen Kahouli, Mitchell L. Jones, Alain Labbé, and Satya Prakash, “Probiotic ferulic acid esterase active Lactobacillus fermentum NCIMB 5221 APA microcapsules for oral delivery: Preparation and in vitro characterization,” Pharmaceuticals, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 236–248, 2012.
- Martina Perše, and Anton Cerar, “Dextran Sodium Sulphate Colitis Mouse Model: Traps and Tricks,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2012, pp. 1–13, 2012.
- Mitchell L Jones, Catherine Tomaro-Duchesneau, Christopher J Martoni, and Satya Prakash, “Cholesterol lowering with bile salt hydrolase-active probiotic bacteria, mechanism of action, clinical evidence, and future direction for heart health applications,” Expert Opinion on Biological Therapy, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 631–642, 2013.
- Shyamali Saha, Catherine Tomaro-Duchesneau, Jamal T Daoud, Maryam Tabrizian, and Satya Prakash, “ Novel probiotic dissolvable carboxymethyl cellulose films as oral health biotherapeutics: in vitro preparation and characterization ,” Expert Opinion on Drug Delivery, pp. 1–12, 2013.
- T. Takada, T. Kurakawa, H. Tsuji, and K. Nomoto, “Fusicatenibacter saccharivorans gen. nov., sp. nov., isolated from human faeces,” International Journal Of Systematic And Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 63, no. Pt10, pp. 3691–3696, 2013.
- David J Brayden, and Alan W Baird, “Opportunities for drug-delivery research in nutraceuticals and functional foods?,” Therapeutic Delivery, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 301–305, 2013.
- Laetitia Rodes, Catherine Tomaro-Duchesneau, Shyamali Saha, Arghya Paul, Meenakshi Malhotra, Daniel Marinescu, Wei Shao, Imen Kahouli, and Satya Prakash, “
ATCC 15697 within the human gut microbiota using alginate-poly-
l-lysine-alginate microencapsulation oral delivery system: an in vitro analysis using a computer-controlled dynamic human gastrointestinal model ,” Journal of Microencapsulation, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- Rocío I. Corona-Hernandez, Emilio Álvarez-Parrilla, Jaime Lizardi-Mendoza, Alma R. Islas-Rubio, Laura. A. de la Rosa, and Abraham Wall-Medrano, “Structural Stability and Viability of Microencapsulated Probiotic Bacteria: A Review,” Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 614–628, 2013.
- Catherine Tomaro-Duchesneau, Shyamali Saha, Meenakshi Malhotra, Imen Kahouli, and Satya Prakash, “Microencapsulation for the Therapeutic Delivery of Drugs, Live Mammalian and Bacterial Cells, and Other Biopharmaceutics: Current Status and Future Directions,” Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 2013, pp. 1–19, 2013.
- Martina Perše, “Oxidative Stress in the Pathogenesis of Colorectal Cancer: Cause or Consequence?,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–9, 2013.