- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 121867, 6 pages
A Novel Model of Atherosclerosis in Rabbits Using Injury to Arterial Walls Induced by Ferric Chloride as Evaluated by Optical Coherence Tomography as well as Intravascular Ultrasound and Histology
1Department of Cardiology, Key Laboratories of Education, Ministry for Myocardial Ischemia Mechanism and Treatment, 2nd Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150086, China
2Department of Pathology, Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150086, China
Received 16 January 2012; Revised 6 March 2012; Accepted 10 March 2012
Academic Editor: Michael Kalafatis
Copyright © 2012 Jinwei Tian et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Yan Fang, Sining Hu, Jingbo Hou, Lingbo Meng, Shaosong Zhang, and Bo Yu, “Validation of a New Animal Model of Vulnerable Plaques by Intravascular Optical Coherence Tomography In Vivo,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2012, pp. 1–9, 2012.
- Vivek Khanna, Manish Jain, Vishal Singh, Jitendra S. Kanshana, Prem Prakash, Manoj K. Barthwal, Puvvada S. R. Murthy, and Madhu Dikshit, “Cholesterol Diet Withdrawal Leads to an Initial Plaque Instability and Subsequent Regression of Accelerated Iliac Artery Atherosclerosis in Rabbits,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 10, 2013.
- Boguslaw Lipinski, “Iron-Induced Fibrin in Cardiovascular Disease,” Current Neurovascular Research, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 269–274, 2013.
- Wijnand K. den Dekker, Dennie Tempel, Lambert Speelman, Jeroen Huizingh, Allan Ramos, Frank J. Gijsen, Jolanda J. Wentzel, Caroline Cheng, and Henricus J. Duckers, “Effect of shear stress alteration on atherosclerotic plaque vulnerability in cholesterol-fed rabbits,” Vascular Medicine, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 94–102, 2014.
- Jih-Chao Yeh, Kuo-Lun Huang, Yung-Chin Hsiao, Yu-Han Hsu, Yun-Han Lin, Shyh-Liang Lou, and Tsong-Hai Lee, “A Rat Model of Thrombosis in Common Carotid Artery Induced by Implantable Wireless Light-Emitting Diode Device,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–9, 2014.
- Fabiana Neves, Joana Abrantes, Tereza Almeida, Ana Lemos de Matos, Paulo P. Costa, and Pedro J. Esteves, “Genetic characterization of interleukins (IL-1, IL-1, IL-2, IL-4, IL-8, IL-10, IL-12A, IL-12B, IL-15 and IL-18) with relevant biological roles in lago,” Innate Immunity, vol. 21, no. 8, pp. 787–801, 2015.
- Asif Adnan, Claire Robinson, Mike Biggs, Shiju Joseph, Bruno Morgan, Guy Rutty, and David Adlam, “Optical coherence tomography of re-pressurized porcine coronary arteries: A systematic study,” Journal of Forensic Radiology and Imaging, 2015.
- Vishal Singh, Minakshi Rana, Manish Jain, Niharika Singh, Arshi Naqvi, Richa Malasoni, Anil Kumar Dwivedi, Madhu Dikshit, and Manoj Kumar Barthwal, “Curcuma oil attenuates accelerated atherosclerosis and macrophage foam-cell formation by modulating genes involved in plaque stability, lipid homeosta,” British Journal Of Nutrition, vol. 113, no. 1, pp. 100–113, 2015.
- Huawei Zhang, Shanchun Zhang, Peng Wang, Jinda Wang, Guiyan Yi, Ying Zhou, and Yundai Chen, “Analysis of the Usefulness of Optical Coherence Tomography and Intravascular Ultrasonography for the Examination of Rabbit Atherosclerotic Plaques,” Ultrasound Quarterly, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 75–81, 2016.
- ZhenZhen Wang, NaNa Liu, LiFeng Zhang, XiaoYing Li, XueSong Han, YanQing Peng, MeiZheng Dang, LiTao Sun, and JiaWei Tian, “Real-Time Elastography Visualization And Histopathological Characterization Of Rabbit Atherosclerotic Carotid Arteries,” Ultrasound In Medicine And Biology, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 176–184, 2016.