- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 151967, 12 pages
Commercial Dengue Rapid Diagnostic Tests for Point-of-Care Application: Recent Evaluations and Future Needs?
1Center for Tropical Medicine, Nuffield Department of Clinical Medicine, Churchill Hospital, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
2Mahidol Oxford Tropical Medicine Research Unit, Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, 420/6 Rajvithi Road, Bangkok, 10400, Thailand
Received 12 December 2011; Accepted 11 February 2012
Academic Editor: Roy A. Hall
Copyright © 2012 Stuart D. Blacksell. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [13 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Naga Siva Kumar Gunda, Minashree Singh, Yashasvi Purwar, Sirish L. Shah, Kamaljit Kaur, and Sushanta K. Mitra, “Micro-spot with integrated pillars (MSIP) for detection of dengue virus NS1,” Biomedical Microdevices, 2013.
- Jesse J. Waggoner, Frances P. Guo, Vittorio Sambri, Angel Balmaseda, Kumudu Karunaratne, Eva Harris, Benjamin A. Pinsky, Janaki Abeynayake, Malaya K. Sahoo, Lionel Gresh, Yolanda Tellez, Karla Gonzalez, Gabriela Ballesteros, Anna M. Pierro, and Paolo Gaibani, “Single-Reaction, Multiplex, Real-Time RT-PCR for the Detection, Quantitation, and Serotyping of Dengue Viruses,” PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases, vol. 7, no. 4, 2013.
- F. Chappuis, E. Alirol, V. d'Acremont, E. Bottieau, and C. P. Yansouni, “Rapid diagnostic tests for non-malarial febrile illness in the tropics,” Clinical Microbiology and Infection, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 422–431, 2013.
- Aryati Aryati, Hidayat Trimarsanto, Benediktus Yohan, Puspa Wardhani, Sukmal Fahri, and R. Tedjo Sasmono, “Performance of commercial dengue NS1 ELISA and molecular analysis of NS1 gene of dengue viruses obtained during surveillance in Indonesia,” Bmc Infectious Diseases, vol. 13, 2013.
- Alexandre R. Camara, Paula M. P. Gouvêa, Ana Carolina M. S. Dias, Arthur M. B. Braga, Rosa F. Dutra, Renato E. de Araujo, and Isabel C. S. Carvalho, “Dengue immunoassay with an LSPR fiber optic sensor,” Optics Express, vol. 21, no. 22, pp. 27023, 2013.
- Linda Lee, Eric Nordman, Martin Johnson, and Mark Oldham, “A Low-Cost, High-Performance System for Fluorescence Lateral Flow Assays,” Biosensors, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 360–373, 2013.
- T. N. Senaratne, and F. Noordeen, “Diagnosis of dengue in Sri Lanka: improvements to the existing state of the art in the island,” Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, 2014.
- Marycelin M Baba, Nina Vidergar, and Alessandro Marcello, “Virological point-of-care testing for the developing world,” Future Virology, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 595–603, 2014.
- Jesse J. Waggoner, Janaki Abeynayake, Ilana Balassiano, Martina Lefterova, Malaya K. Sahoo, Yuanyuan Liu, Juliana Magalhaes Vital-Brazil, Lionel Gresh, Angel Balmaseda, Eva Harris, Niaz Banaei, and Benjamin A. Pinsky, “Multiplex Nucleic Acid Amplification Test for Diagnosis of Dengue Fever, Malaria, and Leptospirosis,” Journal of Clinical Microbiology, vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 2011–2018, 2014.
- M.M.S. Silva, A.C.M.S. Dias, M. Tenório, E. Marques, M.O.F. Goulart, and R.F. Dutra, “A thiophene-modified screen printed electrode for detection of dengue virus NS1 protein,” Talanta, 2014.
- Victor C. Gan, Li-Kiang Tan, David C. Lye, Kwoon-Yong Pok, Shi-Qi Mok, Rachel Choon-Rong Chua, Yee-Sin Leo, and Lee-Ching Ng, “Diagnosing Dengue at the Point-of-Care: Utility of a Rapid Combined Diagnostic Kit in Singapore,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 3, 2014.
- Tun-Linn Thein, Yee-Sin Leo, Victor C. Gan, Ying Hao, Linda K. Lee, and David C. Lye, “Predictive Value of Proteinuria in Adult Dengue Severity,” Plos Neglected Tropical Diseases, vol. 8, no. 2, 2014.
- Selvaraj Stephen, Marie Victor P. Charles, Velmurugan Anitharaj, Civamany Deepa, and Sivaraman Umadevi, “Early dengue diagnosis by nonstructural protein 1 antigen detection: Rapid immunochromotography versus two the enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay kits,” Indian Journal of Pathology and Microbiology, vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 81–84, 2014.