- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 151967, 12 pages
Commercial Dengue Rapid Diagnostic Tests for Point-of-Care Application: Recent Evaluations and Future Needs?
1Center for Tropical Medicine, Nuffield Department of Clinical Medicine, Churchill Hospital, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
2Mahidol Oxford Tropical Medicine Research Unit, Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, 420/6 Rajvithi Road, Bangkok, 10400, Thailand
Received 12 December 2011; Accepted 11 February 2012
Academic Editor: Roy A. Hall
Copyright © 2012 Stuart D. Blacksell. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [34 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Naga Siva Kumar Gunda, Minashree Singh, Yashasvi Purwar, Sirish L. Shah, Kamaljit Kaur, and Sushanta K. Mitra, “Micro-spot with integrated pillars (MSIP) for detection of dengue virus NS1,” Biomedical Microdevices, 2013.
- Jesse J. Waggoner, Frances P. Guo, Vittorio Sambri, Angel Balmaseda, Kumudu Karunaratne, Eva Harris, Benjamin A. Pinsky, Janaki Abeynayake, Malaya K. Sahoo, Lionel Gresh, Yolanda Tellez, Karla Gonzalez, Gabriela Ballesteros, Anna M. Pierro, and Paolo Gaibani, “Single-Reaction, Multiplex, Real-Time RT-PCR for the Detection, Quantitation, and Serotyping of Dengue Viruses,” PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases, vol. 7, no. 4, 2013.
- F. Chappuis, E. Alirol, V. d'Acremont, E. Bottieau, and C. P. Yansouni, “Rapid diagnostic tests for non-malarial febrile illness in the tropics,” Clinical Microbiology and Infection, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 422–431, 2013.
- Aryati Aryati, Hidayat Trimarsanto, Benediktus Yohan, Puspa Wardhani, Sukmal Fahri, and R. Tedjo Sasmono, “Performance of commercial dengue NS1 ELISA and molecular analysis of NS1 gene of dengue viruses obtained during surveillance in Indonesia,” Bmc Infectious Diseases, vol. 13, 2013.
- Alexandre R. Camara, Paula M. P. Gouvêa, Ana Carolina M. S. Dias, Arthur M. B. Braga, Rosa F. Dutra, Renato E. de Araujo, and Isabel C. S. Carvalho, “Dengue immunoassay with an LSPR fiber optic sensor,” Optics Express, vol. 21, no. 22, pp. 27023, 2013.
- Linda Lee, Eric Nordman, Martin Johnson, and Mark Oldham, “A Low-Cost, High-Performance System for Fluorescence Lateral Flow Assays,” Biosensors, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 360–373, 2013.
- T. N. Senaratne, and F. Noordeen, “Diagnosis of dengue in Sri Lanka: improvements to the existing state of the art in the island,” Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, 2014.
- Jesse J. Waggoner, Janaki Abeynayake, Ilana Balassiano, Martina Lefterova, Malaya K. Sahoo, Yuanyuan Liu, Juliana Magalhaes Vital-Brazil, Lionel Gresh, Angel Balmaseda, Eva Harris, Niaz Banaei, and Benjamin A. Pinsky, “Multiplex Nucleic Acid Amplification Test for Diagnosis of Dengue Fever, Malaria, and Leptospirosis,” Journal of Clinical Microbiology, vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 2011–2018, 2014.
- M.M.S. Silva, A.C.M.S. Dias, M. Tenório, E. Marques, M.O.F. Goulart, and R.F. Dutra, “A thiophene-modified screen printed electrode for detection of dengue virus NS1 protein,” Talanta, 2014.
- Marycelin M Baba, Nina Vidergar, and Alessandro Marcello, “Virological point-of-care testing for the developing world,” Future Virology, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 595–603, 2014.
- Victor C. Gan, Li-Kiang Tan, David C. Lye, Kwoon-Yong Pok, Shi-Qi Mok, Rachel Choon-Rong Chua, Yee-Sin Leo, and Lee-Ching Ng, “Diagnosing Dengue at the Point-of-Care: Utility of a Rapid Combined Diagnostic Kit in Singapore,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 3, 2014.
- Tun-Linn Thein, Yee-Sin Leo, Victor C. Gan, Ying Hao, Linda K. Lee, and David C. Lye, “Predictive Value of Proteinuria in Adult Dengue Severity,” Plos Neglected Tropical Diseases, vol. 8, no. 2, 2014.
- Subhamoy Pal, Allison L. Dauner, Indrani Mitra, Brett M. Forshey, Paquita Garcia, Amy C. Morrison, Eric S. Halsey, Tadeusz J. Kochel, and Shuenn-Jue L. Wu, “Evaluation of Dengue NS1 Antigen Rapid Tests and ELISA Kits Using Clinical Samples,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 11, 2014.
- Olaf Horstick, and Amy C. Morrison, “Dengue Disease Surveillance: Improving Data for Dengue Control,” Plos Neglected Tropical Diseases, vol. 8, no. 11, 2014.
- Laura L. Hermann, Swati B. Gupta, Susan B. Manoff, Siripen Kalayanarooj, Robert V. Gibbons, and Beth-Ann G. Coller, “Advances in the Understanding, Management, and Prevention of Dengue,” Journal of Clinical Virology, 2014.
- Selvaraj Stephen, Marie Victor P. Charles, Velmurugan Anitharaj, Civamany Deepa, and Sivaraman Umadevi, “Early dengue diagnosis by nonstructural protein 1 antigen detection: Rapid immunochromotography versus two the enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay kits,” Indian Journal of Pathology and Microbiology, vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 81–84, 2014.
- Ahmed Abd El Wahed, Manfred Weidmann, and Frank T. Hufert, “Diagnostics-in-a-Suitcase: Development of a portable and rapid assay for the detection of the emerging avian influenza A (H7N9) virus,” Journal Of Clinical Virology, vol. 69, pp. 16–21, 2015.
- Ivan E. Vickers, Kevin M. Harvey, Michelle G. Brown, Kereann Nelson, Marion Bullock DuCasse, and John F. Lindo, “The performance of the SD BIOLINE Dengue DUO® rapid immunochromatographic test kit for the detection of NS1 antigen, IgM and IgG antibodies during a dengue type 1 epidemic in Jamaica,” Journal of Biomedical Science, vol. 22, no. 1, 2015.
- Laurence Fagour, Cristina Santamaria, and Raymond Césaire, “Les tests de diagnostic rapide dans le diagnostic des arboviroses,” Revue Francophone des Laboratoires, vol. 2015, no. 474, pp. 51–62, 2015.
- Lyda Osorio, Marcela Uribe, Gloria Ines Ardila, Yaneth Orejuela, Margarita Velasco, Anilza Bonelo, and Beatriz Parra, “The use of rapid dengue diagnostic tests in a routine clinical setting in a dengue-endemic area of Colombia,” Memorias Do Instituto Oswaldo Cruz, vol. 110, no. 4, pp. 510–516, 2015.
- Ahmed Abd El Wahed, Pranav Patel, Oumar Faye, Sasikanya Thaloengsok, Doris Heidenreich, Ponpan Matangkasombut, Khajohnpong Manopwisedjaroen, Anavaj Sakuntabhai, Amadou A. Sall, Frank T. Hufert, and Manfred Weidmann, “Recombinase Polymerase Amplification Assay for Rapid Diagnostics of Dengue Infection,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 6, 2015.
- Bei Zhang, Georgette B. Salieb-Beugelaar, Maurice Mutro Nigo, Manfred Weidmann, and Patrick Hunziker, “Diagnosing dengue virus infection—rapid tests and the role of micro/nanotechnologies,” Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology and Medicine, 2015.
- Sophie De Decker, Muriel Vray, Viridiana Sistek, Bhety Labeau, Antoine Enfissi, Dominique Rousset, and Severine Matheus, “Evaluation of the Diagnostic Accuracy of a New Dengue IgA Capture Assay (Platelia Dengue IgA Capture, Bio-Rad) for Dengue Infection Detection,” Plos Neglected Tropical Diseases, vol. 9, no. 3, 2015.
- Michael J. Carter, Kate R. Emary, Catherine E. Moore, Christopher M. Parry, Soeng Sona, Hor Putchhat, Sin Reaksmey, Ngoun Chanpheaktra, Nicole Stoesser, Andrew D. M. Dobson, Nicholas P. J. Day, Varun Kumar, and Stuart D. Blacksell, “Rapid Diagnostic Tests for Dengue Virus Infection in Febrile Cambodian Children: Diagnostic Accuracy and Incorporation into Diagnostic Algorithms,” Plos Neglected Tropical Diseases, vol. 9, no. 2, 2015.
- Michele Walters, “Management of Travel-Related Illness Acquired in Haiti,” Nursing Clinics of North America, vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 749–760, 2015.
- Sheng-feng Hu, Miao Li, Lan-lan Zhong, Shi-miao Lu, Ze-xia Liu, Jie-ying Pu, Jin-sheng Wen, and Xi Huang, “Development of reverse-transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification assay for rapid detection and differentiation of dengue virus serotypes 1–4,” BMC Microbiology, vol. 15, no. 1, 2015.
- Om Parkash, and Rafidah Hanim Shueb, “Diagnosis of Dengue Infection Using Conventional and Biosensor Based Techniques,” Viruses-Basel, vol. 7, no. 10, pp. 5410–5427, 2015.
- Stacey K. Mardekian, and Amity L. Roberts, “Diagnostic Options and Challenges for Dengue and Chikungunya Viruses,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2015, pp. 1–8, 2015.
- Carmen Koo, Simrandeep Kaur, Zhi-Yong Teh, Helen Xu, Amna Nasir, Yee-Ling Lai, Erum Khan, Lee-Ching Ng, and Hapuarachchige C. Hapuarachchi, “Genetic Variability in Probe Binding Regions Explains False Negative Results of a Molecular Assay for the Detection of Dengue Virus,” Vector-Borne and Zoonotic Diseases, 2016.
- Sukesh Narayan Sinha, Paritosh K. Kar, Shyam Perugu, U.V. RamaKrishna, and C.P. Thakur, “Adefovir dipivoxil — A possible regimen for the treatment of dengue virus (DENV) infection,” Chemometrics and Intelligent Laboratory Systems, 2016.
- Yoel Lubell, Thomas Althaus, Stuart D. Blacksell, Daniel H. Paris, Mayfong Mayxay, Wirichada Pan-Ngum, Lisa J. White, Nicholas P. J. Day, and Paul N. Newton, “Modelling the Impact and Cost-Effectiveness of Biomarker Tests as Compared with Pathogen-Specific Diagnostics in the Management of Undifferentiated Fe,” Plos One, vol. 11, no. 3, 2016.
- Remco Arts, Ilona den Hartog, Stefan Zijlema, Vito Thijssen, Stan van der Beelen, and Maarten Merkx, “Detection of antibodies in blood plasma using bioluminescent sensor proteins and a smartphone,” Analytical Chemistry, 2016.
- Jane Ru Choi, Jie Hu, ShuQi Wang, Hui Yang, Wan Abu Bakar Wan Abas, Belinda Pingguan-Murphy, and Feng Xu, “Paper-based point-of-care testing for diagnosis of dengue infections,” Critical Reviews in Biotechnology, pp. 1–12, 2016.
- Sibelle Nogueira Buonora, Sonia Regina Lambert Passos, Cleber Nascimento do Carmo, Fernanda Moisés Quintela, Diana Neves Rodrigues de Oliveira, Flavia Barreto dos Santos, Yara Hahr Marques Hökerberg, Rita Maria Ribeiro Nogueira, and Regina Paiva Daumas, “Accuracy of clinical criteria and an immunochromatographic strip test for dengue diagnosis in a DENV-4 epidemic,” BMC Infectious Diseases, vol. 16, no. 1, 2016.