- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 171956, 9 pages
The Promising Future of Chia, Salvia hispanica L.
1Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences, University Putra Malaysia, Serdang, 43300 Selangor, Malaysia
2Institute of Bioscience, University Putra Malaysia, Serdang, 43300 Selangor, Malaysia
3Department of Bioprocess Technology, Faculty of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences, University Putra Malaysia, Serdang, 43300 Selangor, Malaysia
Received 9 August 2012; Revised 30 October 2012; Accepted 31 October 2012
Academic Editor: Kazim Husain
Copyright © 2012 Norlaily Mohd Ali et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [3 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Loreto A. Muñoz, Angel Cobos, Olga Diaz, and José Miguel Aguilera, “ Chia seed ( Salvia hispanica ): An ancient grain and a new functional food ,” Food Reviews International, pp. 130711093656007, 2013.
- Tony Peregrin, “Frequently Asked Questions of the Academy's Knowledge Center,” Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 2013.
- Gabriela Zornikova, Veronika Rozikova, Marie Borkovcova, and Alena Przywarova, “The effect of dietary Salvia hispanica seed on the content of n-3 long-chai n polyunsaturated fatty acids in tissues of selected animal species, includ ing edible insects,” Journal of Food Composition and Analysis, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 36–43, 2013.