- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 180363, 9 pages
Mechanism of Growth Inhibition of Prostate Cancer Xenografts by Valproic Acid
1James Buchanan Brady Urological Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Marburg 205A, 600 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
2Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
3Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Received 20 May 2012; Revised 16 July 2012; Accepted 17 July 2012
Academic Editor: Eric W. Lam
Copyright © 2012 Abhinav Sidana et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Xiaofei Li, Yanshuang Zhu, Huabin He, Lianqing Lou, Weiwei Ye, Yongxin Chen, and Jinghe Wang, “Synergistically killing activity of aspirin and histone deacetylase inhibitor valproic acid (VPA) on hepatocellular cancer cells,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 436, no. 2, pp. 259–264, 2013.
- Shailendra Kapoor, “Valproic acid and its inhibition of tumor growth in systemic malignancies: beyond gliomas,” Journal of Neuro-Oncology, vol. 113, no. 3, pp. 531–531, 2013.
- Jinhua Tang, Haidong Yan, and Shougang Zhuang, “Histone deacetylases as targets for treatment of multiple diseases,” Clinical Science, vol. 124, no. 11, pp. 651–662, 2013.
- Chuan-Kun Wang, Xi-Dong Yu, Qiang Li, Gang Xie, and Yue Teng, “Chloroquine and Valproic Acid Combined Treatment in Vitro has Enhanced Cytotoxicity in an Osteosarcoma Cell Line,” Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, vol. 14, no. 8, pp. 4651–4654, 2013.
- Mohamed-Salah I. Abaza, Abdul-Majeed Bahman, and Raja'a J. Al-Attiyah, “Valproic acid, an anti-epileptic drug and a histone deacetylase inhibitor, in combination with proteasome inhibitors exerts antiproliferative, pro-apoptotic and chemosensitizing effects in human colorectal cancer cells: Underlying molecular mechanisms,” International Journal of Molecular Medicine, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 513–532, 2014.
- Yavuz Dodurga, Gulsah Gundogdu, Volkan Tekin, Tugba Koc, N. Lale Satiroglu-Tufan, Gulseren Bagci, and Vural Kucukatay, “Valproic acid inhibits the proliferation of SHSY5Y neuroblastoma cancer cells by downregulating URG4/URGCP and CCND1 gene expression,” Molecular Biology Reports, vol. 41, no. 7, pp. 4595–4599, 2014.
- Zheng-Hong Peng, and Jindřich Kopeček, “Synthesis and Activity of Tumor-Homing Peptide iRGD and Histone Deacetylase Inhibitor Valproic Acid Conjugate,” Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, 2014.
- Hirokazu Nagai, Masako Fujioka-Kobayashi, Go Ohe, Kanae Hara, Natsumi Takamaru, Daisuke Uchida, Tetsuya Tamatani, Kenji Fujisawa, and Youji Miyamoto, “Antitumour effect of valproic acid against salivary gland cancer in vitro and in vivo,” Oncology Reports, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 1453–1458, 2014.
- Johanna L. Hannan, Omer Kutlu, Bernard L. Stopak, Xiaopu Liu, Fabio Castiglione, Petter Hedlund, Arthur L. Burnett, and Trinity J. Bivalacqua, “Valproic Acid Prevents Penile Fibrosis and Erectile Dysfunction in Cavernous Nerve-Injured Rats,” The Journal of Sexual Medicine, 2014.
- Angelija Valančiūtė, Raminta Mozuraitė, Ingrida Balnytė, Janina Didžiapetrienė, Paulius Matusevičius, and Donatas Stakišaitis, “Sodium valproate effect on the structure of rat glandule thymus: Gender-related differences,” Experimental and Toxicologic Pathology, 2015.