- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 215019, 12 pages
Using Hierarchical Time Series Clustering Algorithm and Wavelet Classifier for Biometric Voice Classification
Department of Computer and Information Science, University of Macau, Taipa, Macau
Received 22 December 2011; Accepted 25 December 2011
Academic Editor: Sabah Mohammed
Copyright © 2012 Simon Fong. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Naresh, S.-H. Cha, and C. C. Tappert, “Establishing the uniqueness of the human voice for security applications,” in Proceedings of the Student/Faculty Research Day (CSIS '04), pp. 8.1–8.6, Pace University, May 2004.
- P. S. Aleksic and A. K. Katsaggelos, “Audio-visual biometrics,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 94, no. 11, pp. 2025–2044, 2006.
- J. Markowitz, “The many roles of speaker classification in speaker verification and identification,” in Speaker Classification I: Fundamentals, Features, and Methods, C. Mller, Ed., Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 218–225, Springer, 2007.
- A. Frank and A. Asuncion, “UCI Machine Learning Repository,” Irvine, Calif, USA, University of California, School of Information and Computer Science, http://archive.ics.uci.edu/ml/.
- D. T. Pham and A. B. Chan, “Control chart pattern recognition using a new type of self-organizing neural network,” Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, vol. 212, no. 1, pp. 115–127, 1998.
- M. Kudo, J. Toyama, and M. Shimbo, “Multidimensional curve classification using passing-through regions,” Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 20, no. 11–13, pp. 1103–1111, 1999.
- R. J. Alcock and Y. Manolopoulos, “Time-series similarity queries employing a feature-based approach,” in Proceedings of the 7th Hellenic Conference on Informatics, Ioannina, Greece, August 1999.
- A. Kanak, E. Erzin, Y. Yemez, and A. M. Tekalp, “Joint audio-video processing for biometric speaker identification,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Accoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, pp. 561–564, Hong Kong, China, April 2003.
- A. V. Nefian, L. H. Liang, T. Fu, and X. X. Liu, “A Bayesian approach to audio-visual speaker identification,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference Audio- and Video-Based Biometric Person Authentication, pp. 761–769, Guildford, UK, 2003.
- N. A. Fox, R. Gross, P. de Chazal, J. F. Cohn, and R. B. Reilly, “Person identification using automatic integration of speech, lip and face experts,” in Proceedings of the ACM SIGMM Multimedia Biometrics Methods and Applications Workshop (WBMA '03), pp. 25–32, Berkeley, Calif, USA, 2003.
- N. A. Fox and R. B. Reilly, “Audio-visual speaker identification based on the use of dynamic audio and visual features,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference Audio- and Video-Based Biometric Person Authentication, pp. 743–751, Guildford, UK, 2003.
- S. Bengio, “Multimodal authentication using asynchronous HMMs,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference Audio- and Video-Based Biometric Person Authentication, pp. 770–777, Guildford, UK, 2003.
- S. Bengio, “Multimodal speech processing using asynchronous hidden Markov models,” Information Fusion, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 81–89, 2004.
- U. V. Chaudhari, G. N. Ramaswamy, G. Potamianos, and C. Neti, “Information fusion and decision cascading for audio-visual speaker recognition based on time-varying stream reliability prediction,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Multimedia & Expo, pp. 9–12, Baltimore, Md, USA, July 2003.
- P. S. Aleksic and A. K. Katsaggelos, “An audio-visual person identification and verification system using FAPs as visual features,” in Proceedings of the Works Multimedia User Authentication, pp. 80–84, Santa Barbara, Calif, USA, 2003.
- T. Wark, S. Sridharan, and V. Chandran, “Robust speaker verification via fusion of speech and lip modalities,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP '99), pp. 3061–3064, Phoenix, Ariz, USA, March 1999.
- T. Wark, S. Sridharan, and V. Chandran, “Robust speaker verification via asynchronous fusion of speech and lip information,” in Proceedings of the 2th International Conference Audio- and Video-Based Biometric Person Authentication, pp. 37–42, Washington, DC, USA, 1999.
- T. Wark, S. Sridharan, and V. Chandran, “Use of temporal speech and lip information for multi-modal speaker identification via multi-stream HMM's,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Interntional Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, pp. 2389–2392, Istanbul, Turkey, June 2000.
- P. Jourlin, J. Luettin, D. Genoud, and H. Wassner, “Integrating acoustic and labial information for speaker identification and verification,” in Proceedings of the 5th EUR Conference Speech Communication Technology, pp. 1603–1606, Rhodes, Greece, 1997.
- T. J. Hazen, E. Weinstein, R. Kabir, A. Park, and B. Heisele, “Multi-modal face and speaker identification on a handheld device,” in Proceedings of the Workshop on Multimodal User Authentication, pp. 113–120, Santa Barbara, Calif, USA, 2003.
- C. Sanderson and K. K. Paliwal, “Identity verification using speech and face information,” Digital Signal Processing, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 449–480, 2004.
- S. Ben-Yacoub, Y. Abdeljaoued, and E. Mayoraz, “Fusion of face and speech data for person identity verification,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 1065–1074, 1999.
- C. C. Chibelushi, F. Deravi, and J. S. Mason, “Voice and facial image integration for speaker recognition,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Multimedia Technologies and Future Applications, Southampton, UK, 1993.
- J. Luettin, N. Thacker, and S. Beet, “Speaker identification by lipreading,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Spoken Language Processing (ICSLP '96), pp. 62–65, October 1996.
- P. Moreno and P. Ho, “SVM kernel adaptation in speaker classification and verification,” in Proceedings of the INTERSPEECH 2004-ICSLP, pp. 1413–1416, INTERSPEECH 2004-ICSLP, Jeju Island, Korea, 2004.