- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 232863, 9 pages
Molecular Imaging of Mesothelioma with -ECG and -ECG
Department of Experimental Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, P.O. Box 59, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Received 6 January 2012; Revised 9 February 2012; Accepted 16 February 2012
Academic Editor: Lie-Hang Shen
Copyright © 2012 Yin-Han Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Buerkle and W. A. Weber, “Imaging of tumor glucose utilization with positron emission tomography,” Cancer and Metastasis Reviews, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 545–554, 2008.
- D. Delbeke, R. E. Coleman, M. J. Guiberteau et al., “Procedure guideline for tumor imaging with 18F-FDG PET/CT 1.0,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 885–895, 2006.
- M. G. Buse, “Hexosamines, insulin resistance and the complications of diabetes: current status,” American Journal of Physiology, vol. 290, pp. 1–15, 2006.
- S. P. N. Iyer and G. W. Hart, “Dynamic nuclear and cytoplasmic glycosylation: enzymes of O-GlcNAc cycling,” Biochemistry, vol. 42, no. 9, pp. 2493–2499, 2003.
- K. Mang'era, H. Vanbilloen, B. Cleynhens et al., “Synthesis and evaluation of the -complexes of L-cysteine acetyldiglycine (a hybrid of MAG3 and L,L-EC) and of L-β-homocysteine acetyldiglycine,” Nuclear Medicine and Biology, vol. 27, no. 8, pp. 781–789, 2000.
- H. P. Vanbilloen, B. J. Cleynhens, and A. M. Verbruggen, “Synthesis and biological evaluation of the four isomers of technetium-99m labeled ethylenecysteamine cysteine (-ECC), the mono-acid derivative of -L,L-ethylenedicysteine,” Nuclear Medicine and Biology, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 207–214, 2000.
- D. J. Yang, S. Ilgan, T. Higuchi et al., “Noninvasive assessment of tumor hypoxia with labeled metronidazole,” Pharmaceutical Research, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 743–750, 1999.
- D. J. Yang, A. Azhdarinia, P. Wu et al., “In vivo and in vitro measurement of apoptosis in breast cancer cells using -EC-annexin V,” Cancer Biotherapy and Radiopharmaceuticals, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 73–83, 2001.
- D. J. Yang, W. E. Fogler, J. L. Bryant et al., “Assessment of antiangiogenic effect using -EC-endostatin,” Cancer Biotherapy and Radiopharmaceuticals, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 233–246, 2002.
- N. R. Schechter, D. J. Yang, A. Azhdarinia et al., “Assessment of epidermal growth factor receptor with -ethylenedicysteine-C225 monoclonal antibody,” Anti-Cancer Drugs, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 49–56, 2003.
- D. J. Yang, C. G. Kim, N. R. Schechter et al., “Imaging with ECDG targeted at the multifunctional glucose transport system: feasibility study with rodents,” Radiology, vol. 226, no. 2, pp. 465–473, 2003.
- H. C. Song, H. S. Bom, K. H. Cho et al., “Prognostication of recovery in patients with acute ischemic stroke using brain spect with -labeled metronidazole,” Stroke, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 982–986, 2003.
- D. J. Yang, J. Bryant, J. Y. Chang et al., “Assessment of cyclooxygense-2 expression with -labeled celebrex,” Anti-Cancer Drugs, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 255–263, 2004.
- D. J. Yang, M. Yukihiro, C. S. Oh, et al., “Assessment of therapeutic tumor response using -Ethylenedicysteine-Glucosamine,” Cancer Biotherapy and Radiopharm, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 444–458, 2004.
- N. R. Schechter, R. E. Wendt, D. J. Yang et al., “Radiation dosimetry of -labeled C225 in patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 45, no. 10, pp. 1683–1687, 2004.
- D. J. Yang, K. Ozaki, C. S. Oh et al., “-EC-guanine: synthesis, biodistribution, and tumor imaging in animals,” Pharmaceutical Research, vol. 22, no. 9, pp. 1471–1479, 2005.
- M. Ito, D. J. Yang, O. Mawlawi et al., “PET and Planar Imaging of Tumor Hypoxia With Labeled Metronidazole,” Academic Radiology, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 598–609, 2006.
- J. Gong, D. Yang, S. Kohanim, R. Humphreys, L. Broemeling, and R. Kurzrock, “Novel In vivo imaging shows up-regulation of death receptors by paclitaxel and correlates with enhanced antitumor effects of receptor agonist antibodies,” Molecular Cancer Therapeutics, vol. 5, no. 12, pp. 2991–3000, 2006.
- H. Kurihara, D. J. Yang, M. Cristofanilli et al., “Imaging and dosimetry of EC annexin V: preliminary clinical study targeting apoptosis in breast tumors,” Applied Radiation and Isotopes, vol. 66, no. 9, pp. 1175–1182, 2008.
- K. Kayser, G. Böhm, S. Blum, et al., “Glyco- and immunohistochemical refinement of the differential diagnosis between mesothelioma and metastatic carcinoma and survival analysis of patients,” The Journal of Pathology, vol. 193, no. 2, pp. 175–180, 2001.
- S. Rastogi, S. Banerjee, S. Chellappan, and G. R. Simon, “Glut-1 antibodies induce growth arrest and apoptosis in human cancer cell lines,” Cancer Letters, vol. 257, no. 2, pp. 244–251, 2007.
- M. D. Schulz, K. A. Zubris, J. E. Wade, et al., “Paclitaxel-loaded expansile nanoparticles in a multimodal treatment model of malignant mesothelioma,” The Annals of Thoracic Surgery, vol. 92, no. 6, pp. 2007–2013, 2011.
- S. Marshall, V. Bacote, and R. R. Traxinger, “Discovery of a metabolic pathway mediating glucose-induced desensitization of the glucose transport system: role of hexosamine in the induction of insulin resistance,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 266, no. 8, pp. 4706–4712, 1991.
- A. Scheepers, H. G. Joost, and A. Schürmann, “The glucose transporter families SGLT and GLUT: molecular basis of normal and aberrant function,” Journal of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 364–371, 2004.
- L. Wells, K. Vosseller, and G. W. Hart, “Glycosylation of nucleocytoplasmic proteins: signal transduction and O-GlcNAc,” Science, vol. 291, no. 5512, pp. 2376–2378, 2001.
- N. R. Schechter, W. D. Erwin, D. J. Yang et al., “Radiation dosimetry and biodistribution of -ethylene dicysteine-deoxyglucose in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer,” European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, vol. 36, no. 10, pp. 1583–1591, 2009.