- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 251364, 11 pages
Comparison of Next-Generation Sequencing Systems
NGS Sequencing Department, Beijing Genomics Institute (BGI), 4th Floor, Building 11, Beishan Industrial Zone, Yantian District, Guangdong, Shenzhen 518083, China
Received 11 February 2012; Revised 27 March 2012; Accepted 2 April 2012
Academic Editor: P. J. Oefner
Copyright © 2012 Lin Liu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [64 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- R. Hitzemann, D. Bottomly, P. Darakjian, N. Walter, O. Iancu, R. Searles, B. Wilmot, and S. McWeeney, “Genes, behavior and next-generation RNA sequencing,” Genes, Brain and Behavior, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 1–12, 2012.
- Agnes Dettai, Cyril Gallut, Sophie Brouillet, Joel Pothier, Guillaume Lecointre, and Regis Debruyne, “Conveniently Pre-Tagged and Pre-Packaged: Extended Molecular Identification and Metagenomics Using Complete Metazoan Mitochondrial Genomes,” Plos One, vol. 7, no. 12, 2012.
- S. Giampaoli, G. Chillemi, F. Valeriani, D. Lazzaro, M. Borro, G. Gentile, M. Simmaco, G. Zanni, A. Berti, and V. Romano Spica, “The SNPs in the human genetic blueprint era,” New Biotechnology, 2012.
- Julia M. Di Bella, Yige Bao, Gregory B. Gloor, Jeremy P. Burton, and Gregor Reid, “High throughput sequencing methods and analysis for microbiome research,” Journal of Microbiological Methods, 2013.
- Sing Yu Moorcraft, Elizabeth C. Smyth, and David Cunningham, “The role of personalized medicine in metastatic colorectal cancer: An evolving landscape,” Therapeutic Advances in Gastroenterology, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 381–395, 2013.
- Philip T. Cagle, Timothy Craig Allen, and Randall J. Olsen, “Lung Cancer Biomarkers: Present Status and Future Developments,” Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine, vol. 137, no. 9, pp. 1191–1198, 2013.
- Xiaohan Chen, Qiong Yang, Zhenping Liao, Hui Wang, Digang Zeng, Xiuli Chen, Daxiang Xie, Yongzhen Zhao, Chunling Yang, Yongmei Li, Ning Ma, and Ming Li, “Transcriptome Analysis of Litopenaeus vannamei in Response to White Spot Syndrome Virus Infection,” PLoS ONE, vol. 8, no. 8, 2013.
- Matthew T. Laurie, Jessica A. Bertout, Sean D. Taylor, Joshua N. Burton, and Jay A. Shendure, “Simultaneous digital quantification and fluorescence-based size characteriz ation of massively parallel sequencing libraries,” Biotechniques, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 61–67, 2013.
- Nathan D. Grubaugh, Scott S. McMenamy, Michael J. Turell, and John S. Lee, “Multi-Gene Detection and Identification of Mosquito-Borne RNA Viruses Using an Oligonucleotide Microarray,” PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases, vol. 7, no. 8, 2013.
- GuangCheng Xie, JieMei Yu, and ZhaoJun Duan, “New strategy for virus discovery: Viruses identified in human feces in the last decade,” Science China Life Sciences, vol. 56, no. 8, pp. 688–696, 2013.
- Brian J. Haas, Matthias Lieber, Matthew D Macmanes, Michael Ott, Joshua Orvis, Nathalie Pochet, Francesco Strozzi, Nathan Weeks, Rick Westerman, Thomas William, Colin N Dewey, Alexie Papanicolaou, Robert Henschel, Richard D Leduc, Nir Friedman, Aviv Regev, Moran Yassour, Manfred Grabherr, Philip D Blood, Joshua Bowden, Matthew Brian Couger, David Eccles, and Bo Li, “De novo transcript sequence reconstruction from RNA-seq using the Trinity platform for reference generation and analysis,” Nature Protocols, vol. 8, no. 8, pp. 1494–1512, 2013.
- Zhaochun Ma, Raymond W. Lee, Bin Li, Paul Kenney, Yufang Wang, Jonathan Erikson, Swati Goyal, and Kaiqin Lao, “Isothermal amplification method for next-generation sequencing,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 110, no. 35, pp. 14320–14323, 2013.
- Sean D. Taylor, Nolan G. Ericson, Joshua N. Burton, Tomas A. Prolla, John R. Silber, Jay Shendure, and Jason H. Bielas, “Targeted Enrichment and High-Resolution Digital Profiling of Mitochondrial DNA Deletions in Human Brain,” Aging Cell, 2013.
- Jeff J. Doyle, “The promise of genomics for a “next generation” of advances in higher-level legume molecular systematics,” South African Journal of Botany, 2013.
- Karen E. Mock, Bryce A. Richardson, and Paul G. Wolf, “Molecular tools and aspen management: A primer and prospectus,” Forest Ecology and Management, vol. 299, pp. 6–13, 2013.
- Christian Milani, Douwe van Sinderen, Abelardo Margolles, Marco Ventura, Arancha Hevia, Elena Foroni, Sabrina Duranti, Francesca Turroni, Gabriele Andrea Lugli, Borja Sanchez, Rebeca Martín, and Miguel Gueimonde, “Assessing the Fecal Microbiota: An Optimized Ion Torrent 16S rRNA Gene-Based Analysis Protocol,” PLoS ONE, vol. 8, no. 7, 2013.
- Wei Zhou, Yiyi Hu, Zhenghong Sui, Feng Fu, Jinguo Wang, Lianpeng Chang, Weihua Guo, and Binbin Li, “Genome Survey Sequencing and Genetic Background Characterization of Gracilariopsis lemaneiformis (Rhodophyta) Based on Next-Generation Sequencing,” PLoS ONE, vol. 8, no. 7, 2013.
- Lijia Cui, Alison Morris, and Elodie Ghedin, “The human mycobiome in health and disease,” Genome Medicine, vol. 5, no. 7, 2013.
- Davit Bzhalava, Bengt Persson, Ola Forslund, Joakim Dillner, Hanna Johansson, Johanna Ekström, Helena Faust, Birgitta Möller, Carina Eklund, Peter Nordin, Bo Stenquist, and John Paoli, “Unbiased Approach for Virus Detection in Skin Lesions,” PLoS ONE, vol. 8, no. 6, 2013.
- Man-Wah Li, Xinpeng Qi, Meng Ni, and Hon-Ming Lam, “Silicon era of carbon-based life: Application of genomics and bioinformatics in crop stress research,” International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 11444–11483, 2013.
- Monic Roengvoraphoj, Gregory J. Tsongalis, Konstantin H. Dragnev, and James R. Rigas, “Epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors as initial therapy for non-small cell lung cancer: Focus on epidermal growth factor receptor mutation testing and mutation-positive patients,” Cancer Treatment Reviews, 2013.
- Sara Huston Katsanis, and Nicholas Katsanis, “Molecular genetic testing and the future of clinical genomics,” Nature Reviews Genetics, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 415–426, 2013.
- Sp Daiger, Ls Sullivan, and Sj Bowne, “Genes and mutations causing retinitis pigmentosa,” Clinical Genetics, 2013.
- Danilo Ercolini, “High-throughput sequencing and metagenomics: Moving forward in the culture-independent analysis of food microbial ecology,” Applied and Environmental Microbiology, vol. 79, no. 10, pp. 3148–3155, 2013.
- Elles M. J. Boon, and Brigitte H. W. Faas, “Benefits and limitations of whole genome versus targeted approaches for noninvasive prenatal testing for fetal aneuploidies,” Prenatal Diagnosis, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 563–568, 2013.
- Cs Ku, Dn Cooper, B Iacopetta, and Dh Roukos, “Integrating next-generation sequencing into the diagnostic testing of inherited cancer predisposition,” Clinical Genetics, vol. 83, no. 1, pp. 2–6, 2013.
- Mark John Pallen, “Reply to Updating benchtop sequencing performance comparison,” Nature Biotechnology, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 296, 2013.
- Nasim Vasli, and Jocelyn Laporte, “Impacts of massively parallel sequencing for genetic diagnosis of neuromuscular disorders,” Acta Neuropathologica, vol. 125, no. 2, pp. 173–185, 2013.
- Fei Chen, Mengxing Dong, Meng Ge, Lingxiang Zhu, Lufeng Ren, Guocheng Liu, and Rong Mu, “The History and Advances of Reversible Terminators Used in New Generations of Sequencing Technology,” Genomics, Proteomics & Bioinformatics, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 34–40, 2013.
- Digang Zeng, Zhenping Liao, Hui Wang, Xiaohan Chen, Xiuli Chen, Daxiang Xie, Yongzhen Zhao, Chunling Yang, Yongmei Li, Ning Ma, Min Peng, and Qiong Yang, “Transcriptome Analysis of Pacific White Shrimp (Litopenaeus vannamei) Hepatopancreas in Response to Taura Syndrome Virus (TSV) Experimental Infection,” PLoS ONE, vol. 8, no. 2, 2013.
- Taher Hamza, Magdi Zakaria, and Mohamed Helmy, “Next-Generation Sequence Assembly: Four Stages of Data Processing and Compu tational Challenges,” Plos Computational Biology, vol. 9, no. 12, 2013.
- Claudia Calabrese, Marina Mangiulli, Caterina Manzari, Anna Maria Paluscio, Mariano Francesco Caratozzolo, Flaviana Marzano, Ivana Kurelac, Anna Maria D'Erchia, Domenica D'Elia, Flavio Licciulli, Sabino Liuni, Ernesto Picardi, Marcella Attimonelli, Giuseppe Gasparre, Anna Maria Porcelli, Graziano Pesole, and Elisabetta Sbisa, “A platform independent RNA-Seq protocol for the detection of transcriptome complexity,” Bmc Genomics, vol. 14, 2013.
- Barbara Dell'Amico, Jenny Welander, and Gunilla Holmlund, “A Universal Method for Species Identification of Mammals Utilizing Next Gen eration Sequencing for the Analysis of DNA Mixtures,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 12, 2013.
- Takuyo Aita, and Norikazu Ichihashi, “Probabilistic model based error correction in a set of various mutant seque nces analyzed by next-generation sequencing,” Computational Biology and Chemistry, vol. 47, pp. 221–230, 2013.
- Roshan Padmanabhan, Ajay Kumar Mishra, Didier Raoult, and Pierre-Edouard Fournier, “Genomics and Metagenomics in Medical Microbiology,” Journal of Microbiological Methods, 2013.
- Ying Yang, Meng Xu, Qunfeng Luo, Jie Wang, and Huogen Li, “De novo transcriptome analysis of Liriodendron chinense petals and leaves by Illumina sequencing,” Gene, 2013.
- Alexandra Dangel, and Hanns-Georg Klein, “Developments and insights into the analysis of the human microbiome,” Laboratoriumsmedizin-Journal of Laboratory Medicine, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 329–335, 2013.
- Gous Miah, Mohd R. Ismail, Adam B. Puteh, Harun A. Rahim, Kh. Nurul Islam, and Mohammad Abdul Latif, “A Review of Microsatellite Markers and Their Applications in Rice Breeding Programs to Improve Blast Disease Resistance,” International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 14, no. 11, pp. 22499–22528, 2013.
- Marco Ferrarini, Marco Moretto, Judson A. Ward, Nada Surbanovski, Vladimir Stevanovic, Lara Giongo, Roberto Viola, Duccio Cavalieri, Riccardo Velasco, and Alessandro Cestaro, “An evaluation of the PacBio RS platform for sequencing and de novo assembly of a chloroplast genome,” Bmc Genomics, vol. 14, 2013.
- Lihong Li, Jerry Davison, and Linda L. Breeden, “Xbp1 Directs Global Repression of Budding Yeast Transcription during the Tr ansition to Quiescence and Is Important for the Longevity and Reversibility of the Quiescent State,” Plos Genetics, vol. 9, no. 10, 2013.
- Agnese Lupo, Krisztina M. Papp-Wallace, Parham Sendi, Robert A. Bonomo, and Andrea Endimiani, “Non-phenotypic tests to detect and characterize antibiotic resistance mechanisms in Enterobacteriaceae,” Diagnostic Microbiology and Infectious Disease, 2013.
- Fengqi Chang, and Marilyn M. Li, “Clinical Application of Amplicon-based Next-Generation Sequencing in Cancer,” Cancer Genetics, 2013.
- Deirdre L. Church, “Principles of Capillary-Based Sequencing for Clinical Microbiologists,” Clinical Microbiology Newsletter, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 11–18, 2013.
- M.R. Capobianchi, E. Giombini, and G. Rozera, “Next-generation sequencing technology in clinical virology,” Clinical Microbiology and Infection, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 15–22, 2013.
- Manfred Kunz, Michael Dannemann, and Janet Kelso, “High-throughput sequencing of the melanoma genome,” Experimental Dermatology, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 10–17, 2013.
- Jacques Zaneveld, Feng Wang, Xia Wang, and Rui Chen, “Dawn of ocular gene therapy: Implications for molecular diagnosis in retinal disease,” Science China Life Sciences, vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 125–133, 2013.
- Rabab Khairat, Raffaella Bianucci, Gamila M. L. Shanab, Amr M. Karim, Markus Ball, Chun-Chi Hsieh Chang, Andreas G. Nerlich, Martin Trautmann, Yehia Z. Gad, and Somaia Ismail, “First insights into the metagenome of Egyptian mummies using next-generatio n sequencing,” Journal Of Applied Genetics, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 309–325, 2013.
- Ying-Chih Lin, Chin-Sheng Yu, and Yen-Jen Lin, “Enabling Large-Scale Biomedical Analysis in the Cloud,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–6, 2013.
- Chun-Hung Richard Lin, Chun-Hao Wen, Ying-Chih Lin, Kuang-Yuan Tung, Rung-Wei Lin, and Chun-Yuan Lin, “A P2P Framework for Developing Bioinformatics Applications in Dynamic Cloud Environments,” International Journal of Genomics, vol. 2013, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- Bo-Young Hong, “Role of Next-Generation Sequencing in Understanding the Interactions betwee n Human Papillomavirus and the Cervicovaginal Microbiome,” Gynecologic and Obstetric Investigation, vol. 76, no. 4, pp. 195–202, 2013.
- Martin Dragosits, and Diethard Mattanovich, “Adaptive laboratory evolution – principles and applications for biotechnology,” Microbial Cell Factories, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 64, 2013.
- Madhugiri Nageswara-Rao, Jaya R Soneji, Charles Kwit, and C Stewart, “Advances in biotechnology and genomics of switchgrass,” Biotechnology for Biofuels, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 77, 2013.
- Georgios A Pavlopoulos, Anastasis Oulas, Ernesto Iacucci, Alejandro Sifrim, Yves Moreau, Reinhard Schneider, Jan Aerts, and Ioannis Iliopoulos, “Unraveling genomic variation from next generation sequencing data,” BioData Mining, vol. 6, no. 1, 2013.
- Seydina M Diene, and Jean-Marc Rolain, “Investigation of antibiotic resistance in the genomic era of multidrug-resistant Gram-negative bacilli, especially Enterobacteriaceae, Pseudomonas and Acinetobacter,” Expert Review of Anti-Infective Therapy, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 277–296, 2013.
- M. Thanigasalam, and P. Dananjayan, “BER Analysis of OFDM Receiver Using MMSE Channel Estimation Method with PTS for Different Subblocks,” International Journal of Computer and Electrical Engineering, pp. 602–605, 2013.
- Y. Liu, S. Yao, Y. Liu, Y. Xu, and C. Cheng, “Genome Sequence of Luteimonas huabeiensis HB-2, a Novel Species of Luteimonas with High Oil Displacement Efficiency,” Genome Announcements, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. e00152-14–e00152-14, 2014.
- Gaurav Sablok, Yuan Fu, Valentina Bobbio, Marina Laura, Giuseppe L. Rotino, Paolo Bagnaresi, Andrea Allavena, Violeta Velikova, Roberto Viola, Francesco Loreto, Mingai Li, and Claudio Varotto, “ Fuelling genetic and metabolic exploration of C 3 bioenergy crops through the first reference transcriptome of Arundo donax L. ,” Plant Biotechnology Journal, 2014.
- J. P. Meier-Kolthoff, H.-P. Klenk, and M. Goker, “Taxonomic use of DNA G+C content and DNA-DNA hybridization in the genomic age,” International Journal Of Systematic And Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 64, no. Pt2, pp. 352–356, 2014.
- Arti Tripathi, and Raghavan Varadarajan, “Residue specific contributions to stability and activity inferred from saturation mutagenesis and deep sequencing,” Current Opinion in Structural Biology, vol. 24, pp. 63–71, 2014.
- Hannah V. Carey, and Khrystyne N. Duddleston, “Animal-Microbial Symbioses in Changing Environments,” Journal of Thermal Biology, 2014.
- Maren F. Hansen, Ulrike Neckmann, Liss A. S. Lavik, Trine Vold, Bodil Gilde, Ragnhild K. Toft, and Wenche Sjursen, “A massive parallel sequencing workflow for diagnostic genetic testing of mismatch repair genes,” Molecular Genetics & Genomic Medicine, 2014.
- C. Gabriel, D. Fürst, I. Faé, S. Wenda, C. Zollikofer, J. Mytilineos, and G. F. Fischer, “HLA typing by next-generation sequencing - getting closer to reality,” Tissue Antigens, vol. 83, no. 2, pp. 65–75, 2014.
- Rebeca Alvarez, Alberto Benguria, and Ana Dopazo, “AG-NGS: A powerful and user-friendly computing application for the semi-aut omated preparation of next-generation sequencing libraries using open liqui d handling platforms,” Biotechniques, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 28–+, 2014.
- Branka Zukic, and Maja Stojiljkovic Petrovic, “Molecular Genetic Markers As A Basis For Personalized Medicine,” Journal of Medical Biochemistry, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 8–21, 2014.