- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 272148, 14 pages
Bacterial Plasminogen Receptors: Mediators of a Multifaceted Relationship
Illawarra Health and Medical Research Institute and School of Biological Sciences, University of Wollongong, Wollongong, NSW 2522, Australia
Received 23 March 2012; Accepted 7 June 2012
Academic Editor: Lindsey A. Miles
Copyright © 2012 Martina L. Sanderson-Smith et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [27 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- J.P. McFadden, A. Powles, I. Kimber, and L. Fry, “Psoriasis and basement-membrane laminin,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 169, no. 3, pp. 718–719, 2013.
- Lourdes Fiiguera, Amaranta Gómez-Arreaza, and Luisana Avilán, “Parasitism in optima forma: exploiting the host fibrinolytic system for invasion,” Acta Tropica, 2013.
- Vanessa Magalhães, Elva Bonifácio Andrade, Joana Alves, Adilia Ribeiro, Kwang Sik Kim, Margarida Lima, Patrick Trieu-Cuot, and Paula Ferreira, “Group B Streptococcus Hijacks the Host Plasminogen System to Promote Brain Endothelial Cell Invasion,” PLoS ONE, vol. 8, no. 5, 2013.
- Ruby HP Law, Diana Abu-Ssaydeh, and James C Whisstock, “New insights into the structure and function of the plasminogen/plasmin system,” Current Opinion in Structural Biology, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 836–841, 2013.
- Marcus Fulde, Michael Steinert, and Simone Bergmann, “Interaction of streptococcal plasminogen binding proteins with the host fibrinolytic system,” Frontiers in Cellular and Infection Microbiology, vol. 3, 2013.
- Victor Nizet, Francis J. Castellino, Yueling Zhang, Diane Ly, Deborah Donahue, Marie Ranson, Andrew Hollands, Martina L. Sanderson-Smith, Victoria A. Ploplis, and Mark J. Walker, “A Key Role for the Urokinase Plasminogen Activator (uPA) in Invasive Group A Streptococcal Infection,” Plos Pathogens, vol. 9, no. 7, 2013.
- Lindseya. Miles, and Robertj. Parmer, “Plasminogen receptors: The first quarter century,” Seminars in Thrombosis and Hemostasis, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 329–337, 2013.
- Catherine A. Brissette, and Robert A. Gaultney, “That's my story, and I'm sticking to it-an update on B. burgdorferi adhesins,” Frontiers in Cellular and Infection Microbiology, vol. 4, 2014.
- Veera Kainulainen, and Timo Korhonen, “Dancing to Another Tune—Adhesive Moonlighting Proteins in Bacteria,” Biology, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 178–204, 2014.
- Reiko Ikeda, Tomoe Ichikawa, Yusuke Miyazaki, Nanaho Shimizu, Tomomi Ryoke, Kunihiko Haru, Takashi Sugita, and Masako Takashima, “ Detection and characterization of plasminogen receptors on clinical isolates of Trichosporon asahii ,” FEMS Yeast Research, 2014.
- Samantha J. Dando, Alan Mackay-Sim, Robert Norton, Bart J. Currie, James A. St John, Jenny A. K. Ekberg, Michael Batzloff, Glen C. Ulett, and Ifor R. Beacham, “Pathogens Penetrating the Central Nervous System: Infection Pathways and the Cellular and Molecular Mechanisms of Invasion,” Clinical Microbiology Reviews, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 691–726, 2014.
- Reiko Ikeda, and Tomoe Ichikawa, “ Interaction of surface molecules on Cryptococcus neoformans with plasminogen ,” FEMS Yeast Research, 2014.
- Simon M. Cook, Amanda Skora, Mark J. Walker, Martina L. Sanderson‑Smith, and Jason D. McArthur, “Site-restricted plasminogen activation mediated by group A streptococcal streptokinase variants,” Biochemical Journal, vol. 458, no. 1, pp. 23–31, 2014.
- Diane Ly, Jude M. Taylor, James A. Tsatsaronis, Mercedes M. Monteleone, Amanda S. Skora, Cortny A. Donald, Tracy Maddocks, Victor Nizet, Nicholas P. West, Marie Ranson, Mark J. Walker, Jason D. McArthur, and Martina L. Sanderson-Smith, “Plasmin(ogen) Acquisition by Group A Streptococcus Protects against C3b-Mediated Neutrophil Killing,” Journal of Innate Immunity, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 240–250, 2014.
- Birendra Singh, Tamim Al-Jubair, Chandrashekar Voraganti, Tobias Andersson, Oindrilla Mukherjee, Yu-Ching Su, Peter Zipfel, and Kristian Riesbeck, “Moraxella catarrhalis Binds Plasminogen To Evade Host Innate Immunity,” Infection And Immunity, vol. 83, no. 9, pp. 3458–3469, 2015.
- J-Y. Lee, Y-J. Jung, H-K. Jun, and B-K. Choi, “ Pathogenic potential of Tannerella forsythia enolase ,” Molecular Oral Microbiology, 2015.
- David M P De Oliveira, Ruby H P Law, Diane Ly, Simon M Cook, Adam J Quek, Jason D McArthur, James C Whisstock, and Martina Louise Sanderson-Smith, “Preferential Acquisition and Activation of Plasminogen Glycoform II by PAM Positive Group A Streptococcal Isolates,” Biochemistry, pp. 150601085122009, 2015.
- Benjamin B.A. Raymond, and Steven Djordjevic, “Exploitation of plasmin(ogen) by bacterial pathogens of veterinary significance,” Veterinary Microbiology, 2015.
- Veronica M. Jarocki, Jessica L. Tacchi, and Steven P. Djordjevic, “Non-proteolytic functions of microbial proteases increase pathological complexity,” Proteomics, 2015.
- Lina Zhang, Sjef Boeren, Jos A. Hageman, Toon van Hooijdonk, Jacques Vervoort, and Kasper Hettinga, “Bovine Milk Proteome in the First 9 Days: Protein Interactions in Maturation of the Immune and Digestive System of the Newborn,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 2, 2015.
- Stephanie Pitman, and Kyu Cho, “The Mechanisms of Virulence Regulation by Small Noncoding RNAs in Low GC Gram-Positive Pathogens,” International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 16, no. 12, pp. 29797–29814, 2015.
- Arno Koenigs, Julia Stahl, Beate Averhoff, Stephan Göttig, Thomas A. Wichelhaus, Reinhard Wallich, Peter F. Zipfel, and Peter Kraiczy, “ CipA of Acinetobacter baumannii Is a Novel Plasminogen Binding and Complement Inhibitory Protein ,” Journal of Infectious Diseases, pp. jiv601, 2015.
- Marijke Peetermans, Thomas Vanassche, Laurens Liesenborghs, Roger H. Lijnen, and Peter Verhamme, “Bacterial pathogens activate plasminogen to breach tissue barriers and escape from innate immunity,” Critical Reviews in Microbiology, pp. 1–17, 2015.
- Héctor Acosta, Rocío Rondón-Mercado, Luisana Avilán, and Juan Luis Concepción, “Interaction of Trypanosoma evansi with the plasminogen-plasmin system,” Veterinary Parasitology, vol. 226, pp. 189–197, 2016.
- Anne Gruendel, Melanie Pfeiffer, Enno Jacobs, and Roger Dumke, “Network of Surface-Displayed Glycolytic Enzymes in Mycoplasma pneumoniae and Their Interactions with Human Plasminogen,” Infection And Immunity, vol. 84, no. 3, pp. 666–676, 2016.
- Gerarda Grossi, Annalisa Grimaldi, Rosa A. Cardone, Magnus Monné, Stephan J. Reshkin, Rossana Girardello, Maria R. Greco, Elena Coviello, Simona Laurino, and Patrizia Falabella, “Extracellular matrix degradation via enolase/plasminogen interaction: Evidence for a mechanism conserved in Metazoa,” Biology of the Cell, vol. 108, no. 6, pp. 161–178, 2016.
- Fariza Shams, Neil J. Oldfield, Si Kei Lai, Sarfraz A. Tunio, Karl G. Wooldridge, and David P. J. Turner, “ Fructose-1,6-bisphosphate aldolase of Neisseria meningitidis binds human plasminogen via its C-terminal lysine residue ,” MicrobiologyOpen, 2016.