- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 272148, 14 pages
Bacterial Plasminogen Receptors: Mediators of a Multifaceted Relationship
Illawarra Health and Medical Research Institute and School of Biological Sciences, University of Wollongong, Wollongong, NSW 2522, Australia
Received 23 March 2012; Accepted 7 June 2012
Academic Editor: Lindsey A. Miles
Copyright © 2012 Martina L. Sanderson-Smith et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [12 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- J.P. McFadden, A. Powles, I. Kimber, and L. Fry, “Psoriasis and basement-membrane laminin,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 169, no. 3, pp. 718–719, 2013.
- Lourdes Fiiguera, Amaranta Gómez-Arreaza, and Luisana Avilán, “Parasitism in optima forma: exploiting the host fibrinolytic system for invasion,” Acta Tropica, 2013.
- Vanessa Magalhães, Elva Bonifácio Andrade, Joana Alves, Adilia Ribeiro, Kwang Sik Kim, Margarida Lima, Patrick Trieu-Cuot, and Paula Ferreira, “Group B Streptococcus Hijacks the Host Plasminogen System to Promote Brain Endothelial Cell Invasion,” PLoS ONE, vol. 8, no. 5, 2013.
- Ruby HP Law, Diana Abu-Ssaydeh, and James C Whisstock, “New insights into the structure and function of the plasminogen/plasmin system,” Current Opinion in Structural Biology, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 836–841, 2013.
- Marcus Fulde, Michael Steinert, and Simone Bergmann, “Interaction of streptococcal plasminogen binding proteins with the host fibrinolytic system,” Frontiers in Cellular and Infection Microbiology, vol. 3, 2013.
- Lindseya. Miles, and Robertj. Parmer, “Plasminogen receptors: The first quarter century,” Seminars in Thrombosis and Hemostasis, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 329–337, 2013.
- Victor Nizet, Francis J. Castellino, Yueling Zhang, Diane Ly, Deborah Donahue, Marie Ranson, Andrew Hollands, Martina L. Sanderson-Smith, Victoria A. Ploplis, and Mark J. Walker, “A Key Role for the Urokinase Plasminogen Activator (uPA) in Invasive Group A Streptococcal Infection,” Plos Pathogens, vol. 9, no. 7, 2013.
- Catherine A. Brissette, and Robert A. Gaultney, “That's my story, and I'm sticking to it-an update on B. burgdorferi adhesins,” Frontiers in Cellular and Infection Microbiology, vol. 4, 2014.
- Veera Kainulainen, and Timo Korhonen, “Dancing to Another Tune—Adhesive Moonlighting Proteins in Bacteria,” Biology, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 178–204, 2014.
- Reiko Ikeda, and Tomoe Ichikawa, “ Interaction of surface molecules on Cryptococcus neoformans with plasminogen ,” FEMS Yeast Research, 2014.
- Simon M. Cook, Amanda Skora, Mark J. Walker, Martina L. Sanderson‑Smith, and Jason D. McArthur, “Site-restricted plasminogen activation mediated by group A streptococcal streptokinase variants,” Biochemical Journal, vol. 458, no. 1, pp. 23–31, 2014.
- Diane Ly, Jude M. Taylor, James A. Tsatsaronis, Mercedes M. Monteleone, Amanda S. Skora, Cortny A. Donald, Tracy Maddocks, Victor Nizet, Nicholas P. West, Marie Ranson, Mark J. Walker, Jason D. McArthur, and Martina L. Sanderson-Smith, “Plasmin(ogen) Acquisition by Group A Streptococcus Protects against C3b-Mediated Neutrophil Killing,” Journal of Innate Immunity, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 240–250, 2014.