- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 310850, 8 pages
Antifungal Activity of Phenyl Derivative of Pyranocoumarin from Psoralea corylifolia L. Seeds by Inhibition of Acetylation Activity of Trichothecene 3-O-Acetyltransferase (Tri101)
Department of Biotechnology, School of Bioengineering, SRM University, Kattankulathur 603203, India
Received 13 February 2012; Accepted 27 March 2012
Academic Editor: Guihua H. Bai
Copyright © 2012 Sangeetha Srinivasan and D. V. L. Sarada. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. Kiran, V. Lalitha, and K. A. Raveesha, “In vitro evaluation of antifungal activity of Psoralea corylifolia L. (seeds) and its different fractions on seed borne fungi of maize,” Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 542–550, 2011.
- K. R. N. Reddy, S. B. Nurdijati, and B. Salleh, “An overview of plant-derived products on control of mycotoxi genie fungi and mycotoxins,” Asian Journal of Plant Sciences, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 126–133, 2010.
- S. Satish, M. P. Raghavendra, and K. A. Raveesha, “Antifungal potentiality of some plant extracts against Fusarium sp.,” Archives of Phytopathology and Plant Protection, vol. 42, no. 7, pp. 618–625, 2009.
- S. K. Fathima, S. S. Bhat, and K. Girish, “Efficacy of some essential oils against Phomopsis azadirachtae the incitant of die-back of neem,” Journal of Biopesticides, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 157–160, 2009.
- N. K. Dubey, B. Srivastava, and A. Kumar, “Current status of plant products as botanical pesticides in storage pest management,” Journal of Biopesticides, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 182–186, 2008.
- S. Satish, D. C. Mohana, M. P. Raghavendra, and K. A. Raveesha, “Antifungal activity of some plant extracts against important seed borne pathogens of Aspergillus sp.,” Journal of Agricultural Technology, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 109–119, 2007.
- A. A. Farooqi and B. S. Sreeramu, “History, importance, present status and future prospects of medicinal plant,” in Cultivation of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, pp. 1–18, Universities Press (India) Limited, Hyderabad, India, 2003.
- H. Katsura, R. I. Tsukiyama, A. Suzuki, and M. Kobayashi, “In vitro antimicrobial activities of bakuchiol against oral microorganisms,” Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, vol. 45, no. 11, pp. 3009–3013, 2001.
- Y. Wang, C. Hong, C. Zhou, D. Xu, and H. B. Qu, “Screening antitumor compounds psoralen and isopsoralen from Psoralea corylifolia L. seeds,” Evidence-based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2011, Article ID 363052, 7 pages, 2011.
- X. Yang, J. Li, X. Wang et al., “Psc-AFP, an antifungal protein with trypsin inhibitor activity from Psoralea corylifolia seeds,” Peptides, vol. 27, no. 7, pp. 1726–1731, 2006.
- P. S. McCormick, M. A. Stanley, A. N. Stover, and J. N. Alexander, “Trichothecenes: from simple to complex mycotoxins,” Toxins, vol. 3, no. 7, pp. 802–814, 2011.
- T. M. Hohn and F. van Middlesworth, “Purification and characterization of the sesquiterpene cyclase trichodiene synthetase from Fusarium sporotrichioides,” Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics, vol. 251, no. 2, pp. 756–761, 1986.
- M. Kimura, I. Kaneko, M. Komiyama et al., “Trichothecene 3-O-acetyltransferase protects both the producing organism and transformed yeast from related mycotoxins,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 273, no. 3, pp. 1654–1661, 1998.
- M. Kimura, Y. Shingu, K. Yoneyama, and I. Yamaguchi, “Features of TRI101, the tricothecene-3-o-acetyltransferase gene, related to self defense mechanism in Fusarium graminearum,” Bioscience, Biotechnology and Biochemistry, vol. 62, no. 5, pp. 1033–1036, 1998.
- S. P. McCormick and N. J. Alexander, “Fusarium Tri8 encodes a trichothecene C-3 esterase,” Applied and Environmental Microbiology, vol. 68, no. 6, pp. 2959–2964, 2002.
- A. Geyid, D. Abebe, A. Debella et al., “Screening of some medicinal plants of Ethiopia for their anti-microbial properties and chemical profiles,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 97, no. 3, pp. 421–427, 2005.
- A. Jamil, M. Shahid, M. M. Khan, and M. Ashraf, “Screening of some medicinal plants for isolation of antifungal proteins and peptides,” Pakistan Journal of Botany, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 211–221, 2007.
- I. Ahmad, Z. Mehmood, and F. Mohammad, “Screening of some Indian medicinal plants for their antimicrobial properties,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 62, no. 2, pp. 183–193, 1998.
- J. Singh and V. Randhawa, “Structure based drug designing of a novel antiflaviviral inhibitor for nonstructural 3 protein,” Bioinformation, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 57–60, 2011.
- T. Vinuchakkaravarthy, K. P. Kumaravel, S. Ravichandran, and D. Velmurugan, “Active compound from the leaves of Vitex negundo L. shows anti-inflammatory activity with evidence of inhibition for secretory phospholipase A2 through molecular docking,” Bioinformation, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 199–206, 2011.
- J. P. Preetha, K. Karthika, N. R. Rekha, and K. Elshafie, “Formulation and evaluation of in situ ophthalmic gels of Diclofenac sodium,” Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 528–535, 2010.
- J. Varma and N. K. Dubey, “Prospectives of botanical and microbial products as pesticides of tomorrow,” Current Science, vol. 76, no. 2, pp. 172–179, 1999.
- V. S. Bhat, A. B. Nagasampagi, and S. Meenakshi, Chemistry of Natural Products, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2005.
- C. R. Su, S. F. Yeh, C. M. Liu et al., “Anti-HBV and cytotoxic activities of pyranocoumarin derivatives,” Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 17, no. 16, pp. 6137–6143, 2009.
- P. Ramesh, T. A. Das, P. Mohandass, and R. Nagasathya, “The structure of hantzsch coumarin,” Indian Journal of Chemistry B, vol. 47, no. 9, pp. 1447–1450, 2008.
- S. Tandon and R. P. Rastogi, “Recent advances in naturally occurring coumarins,” Journal of Science and Industrial Research, vol. 38, pp. 428–441, 1979.
- E. A. Desjardins, T. M. Hohn, and S. P. McCormick, “Trichothecene biosynthesis in Fusarium species: chemistry, genetics, and significance,” Microbiological Reviews, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 595–604, 1993.
- G. S. Garvey, S. P. McCormick, and I. Rayment, “Structural and functional characterization of the TRI101 trichothecene 3-O-acetyltransferase from Fusarium sporotrichioides and Fusarium graminearum: kinetic insights to combating Fusarium head blight,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 283, no. 3, pp. 1660–1669, 2008.
- O. R. Gottlieb, M. R. Borin, and N. R. Brito, “Integration of ethnobotany and phytochemistry: dream or reality?” Phytochemistry, vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 145–152, 2002.