- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 325659, 8 pages
Evolution of Mosquito-Based Arbovirus Surveillance Systems in Australia
1Public Health Virology, Communicable Diseases Unit, Queensland Health Forensic and Scientific Services, 39 Kessels Rd, Coopers Plains, Queensland 4108, Australia
2Discipline of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Biomedical, Biomolecular and Chemical Sciences, The University of Western Australia, Nedlands, Western Australia 6009, Australia
3School of Public Health, Tropical Medicine and Rehabilitative Services, James Cook University, Cairns, Queensland 4870, Australia
Received 2 November 2011; Accepted 7 December 2011
Academic Editor: Bradley J. Blitvich
Copyright © 2012 Andrew F. van den Hurk et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Shashi Sharma, Manisha Soni, Ashish K. Thakur, N. Gopalan, M.M. Parida, P.V.L. Rao, Paban K. Dash, Ankita Agarwal, and Anil K. Singh, “Application of Real-Time RT-PCR in vector surveillance and assessment of replication kinetics of an emerging Novel ECSA genotype of Chikungunya virus in Aedes aegypti,” Journal of Virological Methods, 2013.
- Sonja Hall-Mendelin, Richard Allcock, Nina Kresoje, Andrew F. van den Hurk, and David Warrilow, “Detection of Arboviruses and Other Micro-Organisms in Experimentally Infected Mosquitoes Using Massively Parallel Sequencing,” PLoS ONE, vol. 8, no. 2, 2013.
- Natalia V. Voge, Irma Sánchez-Vargas, Carol D. Blair, Lars Eisen, and Barry J. Beaty, “Detection of dengue virus NS1 antigen in infected aedes aegypti using a commercially available kit,” American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, vol. 88, no. 2, pp. 260–266, 2013.
- David P. Tchouassi, Rosemary Sang, Catherine L. Sole, Armanda D. S. Bastos, Peter E. A. Teal, Christian Borgemeister, and Baldwyn Torto, “Common Host-Derived Chemicals Increase Catches of Disease-Transmitting Mosquitoes and Can Improve Early Warning Systems for Rift Valley Fever Virus,” PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases, vol. 7, no. 1, 2013.
- Scott A. Ritchie, Giles Cortis, Christopher Paton, Michael Townsend, Donald Shroyer, Paul Zborowski, Sonja Hall-Mendelin, and Andrew F. Van Den Hurk, “A simple non-powered passive trap for the collection of mosquitoes for arbovirus surveillance,” Journal of Medical Entomology, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 185–194, 2013.
- Sonja Hall-Mendelin, Michael Townsend, Nina Kurucz, Jim Edwards, Gerhard Ehlers, Chris Rodwell, Frederick A. Moore, Jamie L. McMahon, Judith A. Northill, Russell J. Simmons, Giles Cortis, Lorna Melville, Peter I. Whelan, and Scott A. Ritchie, “Applications of a Sugar-Based Surveillance System to Track Arboviruses in W ild Mosquito Populations,” Vector-Borne and Zoonotic Diseases, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 66–73, 2014.