- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 343989, 5 pages
Biocompatibility Evaluation of a New Hydrogel Dressing Based on Polyvinylpyrrolidone/Polyethylene Glycol
1Department of Chemistry, Tonekabon branch, Islamic Azad University, Tonekabon, Iran
2Young Researchers Club, Science and Research Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran
3Nuclear Agriculture Research Department, Agricultural, Medical and Industrial Research School, Nuclear Science and Technology Institute, Iran
4Department of Microbiology, Tonekabon branch, Islamic Azad University, Tonekabon, Iran
5Young Researchers Club, Tonekabon Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tonekabon, Iran
Received 27 March 2011; Revised 22 June 2011; Accepted 23 June 2011
Academic Editor: Masa-Aki Shibata
Copyright © 2012 Esmaeil Biazar et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Bale and D. Leaper, “Bandages and other therapies,” in An Introduction to Wounds London, S. Bale, K. G. Harding, and D. Leaper, Eds., pp. 63–72, Emap Healthcare, 2000.
- M. Miller and G. Deborah, “The physiology of wound healing found in wound management theory and practice,” in Nursing Times Book, pp. 14–20, 1999.
- M. Choucair and T. Phillips, “A review of wound healing and dressing materials,” Skin and Aging, vol. 6, pp. 37–43, 1998.
- D. Chaloner and M. Fletcher, “Clinical trials: comparing dressings,” Nursing standard, vol. 7, no. 7, pp. 7–9, 1992.
- G. C. Xakellis and E. A. Chrischilles, “Hydrocolloid versus saline-gauze dressings in treating pressure ulcers: a cost-effectiveness analysis,” Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, vol. 73, no. 5, pp. 463–469, 1992.
- M. Flanagan and J. Fletcher, “Film as a temporary dressing,” Journal of Wound Care, vol. 3, pp. 339–345, 1994.
- C. Williams, “Intrasite gel: a hydrogel dressing,” British Journal of Nursing, vol. 3, no. 16, pp. 843–846, 1994.
- V. Jones, “Alginate dressings and diabetic foot lesions,” The Diabetic Foot, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 8–14, 1999.
- M. L. Shannon and B. Miller, “Evaluation of hydrocolloid dressings on healing of pressure ulcers in spinal cord injury patients,” Decubitus, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 42–46, 1988.
- S. Thomas and P. Hay, “Assessing the hydro affinity of hydrogel dressings,” Journal of Wound Care, vol. 3, pp. 89–91, 1995.
- T. Young, C. Williams, M. Benbow, M. Collier, V. Banks, and H. Jones, “A study of two hydrogels used in the management of pressure sores,” in Proceedings of the 6th European Conference on Advances in Wound Management, D. Leaper, G. Cherry, C. Dealey, J. Lawrence, and T. Turner, Eds., pp. 103–106, Macmillan Magazines Ltd, 1996.
- N. Hilmy, D. Darwis, and L. Hardiningsih, “Poly(N-vinylpyrrolidone) hydrogels: 2. hydrogel composites as wound dressing for tropical environment,” Radiation Physics and Chemistry, vol. 42, no. 4-6, pp. 911–914, 1993.
- Z. Ajji, G. Mirjalili, A. Alkhatab, and H. Dada, “Use of electron beam for the production of hydrogel dressings,” Radiation Physics and Chemistry, vol. 77, no. 2, pp. 200–202, 2008.