- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 354605, 10 pages
Ultrastructural Evidence of Exosome Secretion by Progenitor Cells in Adult Mouse Myocardium and Adult Human Cardiospheres
1Molecular Cardiology Laboratory, Fondazione Cardiocentro Ticino, Via Tesserete, 6900 Lugano, Switzerland
2Ultrastructural Pathology, “Victor Babeş” National Institute of Pathology, 99-101 Spl. Independentei, 050096 Bucharest 5, Romania
3Department of Cardiology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois (CHUV), Avenue du Bugnon, 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Received 18 June 2012; Accepted 16 July 2012
Academic Editor: Ken-ichi Isobe
Copyright © 2012 Lucio Barile et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [27 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Hong Ji, David W. Greening, Thomas W. Barnes, Justin W. Lim, Bow J. Tauro, Alin Rai, Rong Xu, Christopher Adda, Suresh Mathivanan, Wei Zhao, Yanhong Xue, Tao Xu, Hong-Jian Zhu, and Richard J. Simpson, “Proteome profiling of exosomes derived from human primary and metastatic colorectal cancer cells reveal differential expression of key metastatic factors and signal transduction components,” Proteomics, vol. 13, no. 10-11, pp. 1672–1686, 2013.
- Andrzej Matyja, Krzysztof Gil, Artur Pasternak, Krystyna Sztefko, Mariusz Gajda, Krzysztof A. Tomaszewski, Maciej Matyja, Jerzy A. Walocha, Jan Kulig, and Piotr Thor, “Telocytes: new insight into the pathogenesis of gallstone disease,” Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, 2013.
- Greg Maguire, and Peter Friedman, “The Systems Biology of Stem Cell Released Molecules—Based Therapeutics,” ISRN Stem Cells, vol. 2013, pp. 1–12, 2013.
- Lucio Barile, Mihaela Gherghiceanu, Laurenţiu M. Popescu, Tiziano Moccetti, and Giuseppe Vassalli, “Human Cardiospheres as a Source of Multipotent Stem and Progenitor Cells,” Stem Cells International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–10, 2013.
- Emanuel T. Fertig, Mihaela Gherghiceanu, and Laurentiu M. Popescu, “Extracellular vesicles release by cardiac telocytes: electron microscopy and electron tomography,” Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, 2014.
- Lucio Barile, Vincenzo Lionetti, Elisabetta Cervio, Marco Matteucci, Mihaela Gherghiceanu, Laurentiu M. Popescu, Tiziano Torre, Francesco Siclari, Tiziano Moccetti, and Giuseppe Vassalli, “Extracellular vesicles from human cardiac progenitor cells inhibit cardiomyocyte apoptosis and improve cardiac function after myocardial infarction,” Cardiovascular Research, vol. 103, no. 4, pp. 530–541, 2014.
- Luisa Pascucci, Giulio Alessandri, Cecilia Dall'Aglio, Francesca Mercati, Paola Coliolo, Cinzia Bazzucchi, Sara Dante, Stefano Petrini, Giovanni Curina, and Piero Ceccarelli, “Membrane vesicles mediate pro-angiogenic activity of equine adipose-derived mesenchymal stromal cells,” The Veterinary Journal, 2014.
- Audrey Fleury, Maria Carmen Martinez, and Soazig Le Lay, “Extracellular Vesicles as Therapeutic Tools in Cardiovascular Diseases,” Frontiers in Immunology, vol. 5, 2014.
- Tek N. Lamichhane, Sonja Sokic, John S. Schardt, Rahul S. Raiker, Jennifer W. Lin, and Steven M. Jay, “Emerging Roles for Extracellular Vesicles in Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine,” Tissue Engineering Part B: Reviews, pp. 140724125549004, 2014.
- Vera Verhage, Janine C. Deddens, Frederieke van den Akker, and Pieter A. Doevendans, “Microvesicles and exosomes for intracardiac communication,” Cardiovascular Research, vol. 102, no. 2, pp. 302–311, 2014.
- Audrey E. Mayfield, Everad L. Tilokee, and Darryl R. Davis, “Resident cardiac stem cells and their role in stem cell therapeutics for myocardial repair,” Canadian Journal of Cardiology, 2014.
- Eleni Tseliou, Geoffrey de Couto, John Terrovitis, Baiming Sun, Wx Liu Weixin, Linda Marban, and Eduardo Marban, “Angiogenesis, Cardiomyocyte Proliferation and Anti-Fibrotic Effects Underlie Structural Preservation Post-Infarction by Intramyocardially-Injected Cardiospheres,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 2, 2014.
- Wang Zhao, Xi-Long Zheng, and Shui-Ping Zhao, “Exosome and its roles in cardiovascular diseases,” Heart Failure Reviews, 2014.
- Susmita Sahoo, and Douglas W. Losordo, “Exosomes and Cardiac Repair After Myocardial Infarction,” Circulation Research, vol. 114, no. 2, pp. 333–344, 2014.
- Radu Albulescu, Cristiana Tanase, Elena Codrici, Daniela I. Popescu, Sanda M. Cretoiu, and Laurentiu M. Popescu, “The secretome of myocardial telocytes modulates the activity of cardiac stem cells,” Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, 2015.
- Cheng-Han Chen, Konstantina-Ioanna Sereti, Benjamin M. Wu, and Reza Ardehali, “Translational aspects of cardiac cell therapy,” Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, 2015.
- Mattia Quattrocelli, and Maurilio Sampaolesi, “The mesmiRizing complexity of microRNAs for striated muscle tissue engineering,” Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, 2015.
- Pankaj Chaturvedi, Anuradha Kalani, Ilza Medina, Anastasia Familtseva, and Suresh C Tyagi, “Cardiosome mediated regulation of MMP9 in diabetic heart: Role of mir29b and mir455 in exercise,” Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, 2015.
- Nahuel A. Garcia, Javier Moncayo-Arlandi, Pilar Sepulveda, and Antonio Diez-Juan, “Cardiomyocyte exosomes regulate glycolytic flux in endothelium by direct transfer of GLUT transporters and glycolytic enzymes,” Cardiovascular Research, pp. cvv260, 2015.
- Warren D. Gray, Kristin M. French, Shohini Ghosh-Choudhary, Joshua T. Maxwell, Milton E. Brown, Manu O. Platt, Charles D. Searles, and Michael E. Davis, “Identification of Therapeutic Covariant MicroRNA Clusters in Hypoxia-Treated Cardiac Progenitor Cell Exosomes Using Systems Biology,” Circulation Research, vol. 116, no. 2, pp. 255–U119, 2015.
- Elisabetta Cervio, Lucio Barile, Tiziano Moccetti, and Giuseppe Vassalli, “Exosomes for Intramyocardial Intercellular Communication,” Stem Cells International, vol. 2015, pp. 1–10, 2015.
- Xiaomei Teng, Lei Chen, Weiqian Chen, Junjie Yang, Ziying Yang, and Zhenya Shen, “Mesenchymal Stem Cell-Derived Exosomes Improve the Microenvironment of Infarcted Myocardium Contributing to Angiogenesis and Anti-Inflammation,” Cellular Physiology And Biochemistry, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 2415–2424, 2015.
- Francesco Angelini, Vittoria Ionta, Fabrizio Rossi, Fabio Miraldi, Elisa Messina, and Alessandro Giacomello, “Foetal bovine serum-derived exosomes affect yield and phenotype of human cardiac progenitor cell culture,” Bioimpacts, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 15–24, 2016.
- Ida Perrotta, and Saveria Aquila, “Exosomes in human atherosclerosis: An ultrastructural analysis study,” Ultrastructural Pathology, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 101–106, 2016.
- Kostin Sawa, “Cardiac telocytes in normal and diseased hearts,” Seminars in Cell & Developmental Biology, 2016.
- Dimitry Chistiakov, Alexander Orekhov, and Yuri Bobryshev, “Cardiac Extracellular Vesicles in Normal and Infarcted Heart,” International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 63, 2016.
- Ming-Jie Yuan, Taneen Maghsoudi, and Tao Wang, “Exosomes Mediate the Intercellular Communication after Myocardial Infarction,” International Journal Of Medical Sciences, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 113–116, 2016.