- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 362473, 8 pages
Human Umbilical Cord Blood-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cell Therapy Promotes Functional Recovery of Contused Rat Spinal Cord through Enhancement of Endogenous Cell Proliferation and Oligogenesis
1Institute of Catholic Integrative Medicine (ICIM), Incheon St. Mary's Hospital, The Catholic University of Korea, Incheon, Republic of Korea
2Department of Neurosurgery, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Republic of Korea
3Medipost Biomedical Research Institute, Medipost Co., Ltd., Seoul, Republic of Korea
Received 23 June 2011; Accepted 29 September 2011
Academic Editor: Ken-ichi Isobe
Copyright © 2012 Sang In Park et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [12 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Jin Zhou, Guoping Tian, Jinge Wang, Xiaoguang Luo, Siyang Zhang, Jianping Li, Li Li, Bing Xu, Feng Zhu, Xia Wang, Chunhong Jia, Weijin Zhao, Danyang Zhao, and Aihua Xu, “Neural cell injury microenvironment induces neural differentiation of human umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cells,” Neural Regeneration Research, vol. 7, no. 34, pp. 2689–2697, 2012.
- Menghang Wang, Ping Li, Meili Liu, Wei Song, Qian Wu, and Yubo Fan, “Potential protective effect of biphasic electrical stimulation against growth factor-deprived apoptosis on olfactory bulb neural progenitor cells through the brain-derived neurotrophic factor-phosphatidylinositol 3 '-kinase/Akt pathway,” Experimental Biology and Medicine, vol. 238, no. 8, pp. 951–959, 2013.
- Dorothée Cantinieaux, Renaud Quertainmont, Silvia Blacher, Loïc Rossi, Thomas Wanet, Agnès Noël, Gary Brook, Jean Schoenen, and Rachelle Franzen, “Conditioned Medium from Bone Marrow-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells Improves Recovery after Spinal Cord Injury in Rats: An Original Strategy to Avoid Cell Transplantation,” PLoS ONE, vol. 8, no. 8, 2013.
- Virginie Neirinckx, Cecile Coste, Bernard Rogister, and Sabine Wislet-Gendebien, “Concise Review: Adult Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Adult Neural Crest Stem Cells, and Therapy of Neurological Pathologies: A State of Play,” Stem Cells Translational Medicine, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 284–296, 2013.
- Yu Zeng, Mingqiang Rong, Yunsheng Liu, Jingfang Liu, Ming Lu, Xiaoyu Tao, Zhenyan Li, Xin Chen, Kui Yang, Chuntao Li, and Zhixiong Liu, “Electrophysiological Characterisation of Human Umbilical Cord Blood-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells Induced by Olfactory Ensheathing Cell-Conditioned Medium,” Neurochemical Research, vol. 38, no. 12, pp. 2483–2489, 2013.
- Taekyun Shin, Meejung Ahn, Changjong Moon, Seungjoon Kim, and Ki-Bum Sim, “Alternatively Activated Macrophages in Spinal Cord Injury and Remission: Another Mechanism for Repair?,” Molecular Neurobiology, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 1011–1019, 2013.
- Yi Ren, and Wise Young, “Managing Inflammation after Spinal Cord Injury through Manipulation of Macrophage Function,” Neural Plasticity, vol. 2013, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- Reaz Vawda, and Michael G. Fehlings, “Mesenchymal cells in the treatment of spinal cord injury: Current & future perspectives,” Current Stem Cell Research and Therapy, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 25–38, 2013.
- Dae-Hyun Roh, Min-Soo Seo, Hoon-Seong Choi, Sang-Bum Park, Ho-Jae Han, Alvin J. Beitz, Kyung-Sun Kang, and Jang-Hern Lee, “Transplantation of Human Umbilical Cord Blood or Amniotic Epithelial Stem Cells Alleviates Mechanical Allodynia After Spinal Cord Injury in Rats,” Cell Transplantation, vol. 22, no. 9, pp. 1577–1590, 2013.
- Alireza Abdanipour, Taki Tiraihi, and Taher Taheri, “Intraspinal transplantation of motoneuron-like cell combined with delivery of polymer-based glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor for repair of spinal cord contusion injury,” Neural Regeneration Research, vol. 9, no. 10, pp. 1003–1013, 2014.
- Vidyasagar Devaprasad Dedeepiya, Justin Benjamin William, Jutty KBC Parthiban, Ranganathan Chidambaram, Madasamy Balamurugan, Satoshi Kuroda, Masaru Iwasaki, Senthilkumar Preethy, and Samuel JK Abraham, “The known-unknowns in spinal cord injury, with emphasis on cell-based therapies – a review with suggestive arenas for research,” Expert Opinion on Biological Therapy, pp. 1–18, 2014.
- Virginie Neirinckx, Dorothée Cantinieaux, Cécile Coste, Bernard Rogister, Rachelle Franzen, and Sabine Wislet-Gendebien, “Concise Review: Spinal Cord Injuries: How Could Adult Mesenchymal and Neural Crest Stem Cells Take Up the Challenge?,” Stem Cells, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 829–843, 2014.