- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 381493, 10 pages
Construction of a Smart Medication Dispenser with High Degree of Scalability and Remote Manageability
Computer Engineering Department, Keimyung University, Sindang-dong, Dalseo-gu, Daegu 704-701, Republic of Korea
Received 24 May 2012; Revised 2 June 2012; Accepted 2 June 2012
Academic Editor: Sabah Mohammed
Copyright © 2012 JuGeon Pak and KeeHyun Park. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- World Health Organization, “Adherence to long term therapies: evidence for action,” http://www.who.int/.
- R. L. Ownby, “Medication adherence and cognition: medical, personal and economic factors influence level of adherence in older adults,” Geriatrics, vol. 61, no. 2, pp. 30–35, 2006.
- Pan American Health Organization, “Poor adherence to long-term treatment of chronic diseases is a worldwide problem,” Revista Panamericana de Salud Pública, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 218–221, 2003.
- e-pill, http://www.epill.com/medtime.html.
- P. O'Donnell, S. Crowell, G. Huffman, and N. Jones, “Automated medication dispenser system,” Technical Report of Mississippi State University, 2002.
- W. W. Changa, T. J. Sungb, H. W. Huanga et al., “A smart medication system using wireless sensor network technologies,” Sensors and Actuators A, vol. 172, no. 1, pp. 315–321, 2011.
- I. Sachpazidis and G. Sakas, “Medication intake assessment,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Pervasive Technologies Related to Assistive Environments (PETRA '08), July 2008.
- V. F. S. Fook, A. A. P. Wai, M. Jayachandran, B. Jit, P. H. Lee, and P. Y. L. Kiat, “Smart mote-based wireless medication management system for persons with dementia,” Assistive Robotics and Mechatronics, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 27–35, 2008.
- J. Dunbar-Jacob and M. K. Mortimer-Stephens, “Treatment adherence in chronic disease,” Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, vol. 54, no. 12, supplement 1, pp. S57–S60, 2001.
- P. A. Frick, L. Lavreys, K. Mandaliya, and J. K. Kreiss, “Impact of an alarm device on medication compliance in women in Mombasa, Kenya,” International Journal of STD and AIDS, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 329–333, 2001.
- S. F. Laster, J. L. Martin, and J. B. Fleming, “The effect of a medication alarm device on patient compliance with topical pilocarpine,” Journal of the American Optometric Association, vol. 67, no. 11, pp. 654–658, 1996.
- J. A. Cramer and R. H. Mattson, “Monitoring compliance with antiepileptic drug therapy,” in Patient Compliance in Medical Practice and Clinical Trials, pp. 123–137, 1991.
- Open Mobile Alliance (OMA), http://www.openmobilealliance.org/.
- J. M. Silva, A. Mouttham, and A. El Saddik, “UbiMeds: a mobile application to improve accessibility and support medication adherence,” in Proceedings of the 1st ACM SIGMM International Workshop on Media Studies and Implementations that Help Improving Access to Disabled Users (MSIADU '09), pp. 71–78, October 2009.
- W. Mei-Ying, P. H. Tsai, J. W. S. Liu, and K. Z. John, “Wedjat: a mobile phone based medicine in-take reminder and monitor,” in Proceedings of the 9th IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and BioEngineering (BIBE '09), pp. 423–430, June 2009.
- J. M. Slagle, J. S. Gordon, C. E. Harris et al., “MyMediHealth—designing a next generation system for child-centered medication management,” Journal of Biomedical Informatics, vol. 43, no. 5, pp. S27–S31, 2010.
- E. Becker, V. Metsis, R. Arora, J. Vinjumur, Y. Xu, and F. Makedon, “Smartdrawer: RFID-based smart medicine drawer for assistive environments,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Pervasive Technologies Related to Assistive Environments (PETRA '09), pp. 1–8, June 2009.
- S. Ammouri and G. A. Bilodeau, “Face and hands detection and tracking applied to the monitoring of medication intake,” in Proceedings of the 5th Canadian Conference on Computer and Robot Vision (CRV '08), pp. 147–154, May 2008.
- D. Batz, M. Batz, N. D. V. Lobo, and M. Shah, “A computer vision system for monitoring medication intake,” in Proceedings of the Canadian Conference on Computer and Robot Vision (CRV ’05), pp. 362–369, May 2005.
- J. Case, M. Fedor, M. Schoffstall, and J. Davin, “A Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP),” RFC 1157, IETF Network Working Group, 1990.
- Distributed management task force, web-based enterprise management (WBEM), http://www.dmtf.org/standards/wbem.
- P. Jugeon, P. Keehyun, J. Daejin, J. Myungsook, and W. Jongjung, “Design of DM agent based on the WIPI,” Journal of Mobile Technologies, Knowledge and Society, vol. 4, pp. 61–67, 2007.
- P. Jugeon, P. Keehyun, J. Daejin, and J. Myungsook, “Design and implementation of wireless device management agent based on OMA DM,” Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers, vol. 14, pp. 363–368, 2008.
- L. Jieun, S. Sunghak, and J. Byungduck, “WiBro device management system based on OMA DM protocol,” KNOM Review, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 1–11, 2007.
- K. Joonmyung, J. Hongtaek, C. Mijung, W. H. James, and K. Jungu, “OMA DM-based remote software fault management for mobile devices,” International Journal of Network Management, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 491–511, 2009.
- K. Joonmyung, J. Hongtaek, C. Mijung, and W. H. James, “OMA DM-based remote software debugging of mobile devices,” Managing Next Generation Networks and Services, vol. 4773, pp. 51–61, 2007.
- C. Mijung, W. H. James, and J. Hongtaek, “XML-based network management for IP networks,” ETRI Journal, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 445–463, 2003.
- R. Hyunki, C. Sungrae, P. Shiquan, and K. Sungho, “The design of remote vehicle management system based on OMA DM protocol and AUTOSAR S/W architecture,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Advanced Language Processing and Web Information Technology (ALPIT '08), pp. 393–397, July 2008.
- Fumanbol DM Server, http://funambol.com/.