- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 386230, 4 pages
The Difference in Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics between Extended-Release Fluvastatin and Immediate-Release Fluvastatin in Healthy Chinese Subjects
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Received 7 February 2012; Revised 28 April 2012; Accepted 14 May 2012
Academic Editor: Kazim Husain
Copyright © 2012 H. R. Xu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Bruckert, M. P. Verpilleux, S. Dejager, and J. Isaacsohn, “Comparison of efficacy and safety assessment of Fluvastatin in patients <65 years versus ≥65 years of age,” American Journal of Cardiology, vol. 96, no. 8, pp. 1142–1148, 2005.
- V. L. Lanchote, A. Rocha, F. U. de Albuquerque, E. Barbosa Coelho, and P. S. Bonato, “Stereoselective analysis of fluvastatin in human plasma for pharmacokinetic studies,” Journal of Chromatography B, vol. 765, no. 1, pp. 81–88, 2001.
- P. Ostadal, D. Alan, J. Vejvoda et al., “Immediate effect of fluvastatin on lipid levels in acute coronary syndrome,” Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, vol. 306, no. 1-2, pp. 19–23, 2007.
- C. D. Scripture and J. A. Pieper, “Clinical pharmacokinetics of fluvastatin,” Clinical Pharmacokinetics, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 263–281, 2001.
- J. L. Isaacsohn, J. LaSalle, G. Chao, and L. Gonasun, “Comparison of treatment with fluvastatin extended-release 80-mg tablets and immediate-release 40-mg capsules in patients with primary hypercholesterolemia,” Clinical Therapeutics, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 904–918, 2003.
- D. Barilla, P. Prasad, M. Hubert, and K. Gumbhir-Shah, “Steady-state pharmacokinetics of fluvastatin in healthy subjects following a new extended release fluvastatin tablet, lescol XL,” Biopharmaceutics and Drug Disposition, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 51–59, 2004.
- C. M. Battantyne, F. Pazzucconi, X. Pintó et al., “Efficacy and tolerability of fluvastatin extended-release delivery system: a pooled analysis,” Clinical Therapeutics, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 177–192, 2001.