- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 398628, 5 pages
Lack of Association between CLEC5A Gene Single-Nucleotide Polymorphisms and Kawasaki Disease in Taiwanese Children
1Department of Anesthesiology, Kaohsiung Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Kaohsiung 807, Taiwan
2Department of Healthcare Management, Yuanpei University, HsinChu 30015, Taiwan
3Department of Medical Genetics, College of Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung 807, Taiwan
4Division of Allergy, Immunology and Rheumatology of Pediatrics, Kaohsiung Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Kaohsiung 807, Taiwan
5Department of Pediatrics, Kaohsiung Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Kaohsiung 807, Taiwan
6Department of Medical Research, Show Chwan Memorial Hospital in Chang Bing, Changhua 505, Taiwan
7Cancer Center, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung 807, Taiwan
Received 28 August 2011; Accepted 13 November 2011
Academic Editor: Misao Matsushita
Copyright © 2012 Ya-Ling Yang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Kawasaki, F. Kosaki, S. Okawa, I. Shigematsu, and H. Yanagawa, “A new infantile acute febrile mucocutaneous lymph node syndrome (MLNS) prevailing in Japan,” Pediatrics, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 271–276, 1974.
- C. L. Wang, Y. T. Wu, C. A. Liu, H. C. Kuo, and K. D. Yang, “Kawasaki disease: infection, immunity and genetics,” Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal, vol. 24, no. 11, pp. 998–1004, 2005.
- J. C. Burns and M. P. Glodé, “Kawasaki syndrome,” The Lancet, vol. 364, no. 9433, pp. 533–544, 2004.
- Y. W. Park, J. W. Han, I. S. Park et al., “Kawasaki disease in Korea, 2003–2005,” Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal, vol. 26, no. 9, pp. 821–823, 2007.
- W. C. Huang, L. M. Huang, I. S. Chang et al., “Epidemiologic features of Kawasaki disease in Taiwan, 2003–2006,” Pediatrics, vol. 123, no. 3, pp. e401–e405, 2009.
- Y. Nakamura, M. Yashiro, R. Uehara, I. Oki, K. Kayaba, and H. Yanagawa, “Increasing incidence of Kawasaki disease in Japan: Nationwide survey,” Pediatrics International, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 287–290, 2008.
- H. C. Kuo, C. L. Wang, C. D. Liang et al., “Association of lower eosinophil-related T helper 2 (Th2) cytokines with coronary artery lesions in Kawasaki disease,” Pediatric Allergy and Immunology, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 266–272, 2009.
- H. C. Kuo, C. D. Liang, C. L. Wang, H. R. Yu, K. P. Hwang, and K. D. Yang, “Serum albumin level predicts initial intravenous immunoglobulin treatment failure in Kawasaki disease,” Acta Paediatrica, International Journal of Paediatrics, vol. 99, no. 10, pp. 1578–1583, 2010.
- F. Esper, E. D. Shapiro, C. Weibel, D. Ferguson, M. L. Landry, and J. S. Kahn, “Association between a novel human coronavirus and kawasaki disease,” Journal of Infectious Diseases, vol. 191, no. 4, pp. 499–502, 2005.
- L. Y. Chang, B. L. Chiang, C. L. Kao et al., “Lack of association between infection with a novel human coronavirus (HCoV), HCoV-NH, and Kawasaki disease in Taiwan,” Journal of Infectious Diseases, vol. 193, no. 2, pp. 283–286, 2006.
- T. Ebihara, R. Endo, X. Ma, N. Ishiguro, and H. Kikuta, “Lack of association between New Haven coronavirus and Kawasaki disease,” The Journal of Infectious Diseases, vol. 192, no. 2, pp. 351–352, 2005.
- A. B. H. Bakker, E. Baker, G. R. Sutherland, J. H. Phillips, and L. L. Lanier, “Myeloid DAP12-associating lectin (MDL)-1 is a cell surface receptor involved in the activation of myeloid cells,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 96, no. 17, pp. 9792–9796, 1999.
- J. Batliner, M. M. Mancarelli, M. Jenal et al., “CLEC5A (MDL-1) is a novel PU.1 transcriptional target during myeloid differentiation,” Molecular Immunology, vol. 48, no. 4, pp. 714–719, 2011.
- S. T. Chen, Y. L. Lin, M. T. Huang et al., “CLEC5A is critical for dengue-virus-induced lethal disease,” Nature, vol. 453, no. 7195, pp. 672–676, 2008.
- N. Aoki, Y. Kimura, S. Kimura et al., “Expression and functional role of MDL-1 (CLEC5A) in mouse myeloid lineage cells,” Journal of Leukocyte Biology, vol. 85, no. 3, pp. 508–517, 2009.
- T. Matsubara, T. Ichiyama, and S. Furukawa, “Immunological profile of peripheral blood lymphocytes and monocytes/macrophages in Kawasaki disease,” Clinical and Experimental Immunology, vol. 141, no. 3, pp. 381–387, 2005.
- Y. F. Cheung, O. Karmin, S. C. F. Tam, and Y. L. Siow, “Induction of MCP1, CCR2, and iNOS expression in THP-1 macrophages by serum of children late after kawasaki disease,” Pediatric Research, vol. 58, no. 6, pp. 1306–1310, 2005.
- H. C. Kuo, C. L. Wang, C. D. Liang et al., “Persistent monocytosis after intravenous immunoglobulin therapy correlated with the development of coronary artery lesions in patients with Kawasaki disease,” Journal of Microbiology, Immunology and Infection, vol. 40, no. 5, pp. 395–400, 2007.
- M. Wong, E. D. Silverman, and E. N. Fish, “Evidence for RANTES, monocyte chemotactic protein-1, and macrophage inflammatory protein-1β expression in Kawasaki disease,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 1179–1185, 1997.
- H. S. Kim, W. D. Kim, and Y. H. Lee, “Production and expression of Gro-α and RANTES by peripheral blood mononuclear cells Isolated from patients with Kawasaki disease and measles,” Journal of Korean Medical Science, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 381–386, 2003.
- M. Terai, Y. Kohno, M. Namba et al., “Class II major histocompatibility antigen expression on coronary arterial endothelium in a patient with Kawasaki disease,” Human Pathology, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 231–234, 1990.
- S. T. Shulman, J. De Inocencio, and R. Hirsch, “Kawasaki disease,” Pediatric Clinics of North America, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 1205–1222, 1995.
- K. D. Yang, J. C. Chang, H. Chuang et al., “Gene-gene and gene-environment interactions on IgE production in prenatal stage,” Allergy, vol. 65, no. 6, pp. 731–739, 2010.
- H. C. Kuo, K. D. Yang, S. H. Juo et al., “Itpkc single nucleotide polymorphism associated with the kawasaki disease in a taiwanese population,” PLoS ONE, vol. 6, no. 4, Article ID e17370, 2011.
- A. Cambi, M. Koopman, and C. G. Figdor, “How C-type lectins detect pathogens,” Cellular Microbiology, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 481–488, 2005.
- A. N. Zelensky and J. E. Gready, “The C-type lectin-like domain superfamily,” FEBS Journal, vol. 272, no. 24, pp. 6179–6217, 2005.
- K. Ikeda, K. Yamaguchi, T. Tanaka et al., “Unique activation status of peripheral blood mononuclear cells at acute phase of Kawasaki disease,” Clinical and Experimental Immunology, vol. 160, no. 2, pp. 246–255, 2010.
- S. T. Shulman and A. H. Rowley, “Advances in Kawasaki disease,” European Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 163, no. 6, pp. 285–291, 2004.
- Y. Onouchi, T. Gunji, J. C. Burns et al., “ITPKC functional polymorphism associated with Kawasaki disease susceptibility and formation of coronary artery aneurysms,” Nature Genetics, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 35–42, 2008.
- H. Chi, F. Y. Huang, M. R. Chen et al., “ITPKC gene SNP rs28493229 and Kawasaki disease in Taiwanese children,” Human Molecular Genetics, vol. 19, no. 6, Article ID ddp586, pp. 1147–1151, 2010.
- M. T. Lin, J. K. Wang, J. I. Yeh et al., “Clinical implication of the C allele of the ITPKC gene SNP rs28493229 in kawasaki disease: association with disease susceptibility and BCG scar reactivation,” The Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal, vol. 30, pp. 148–152, 2011.
- C. Shimizu, S. Jain, M. L. Hibberd et al., “Transforming growth factor-β signaling pathway in patients with Kawasaki disease,” Circulation: Cardiovascular Genetics, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 16–25, 2011.
- A. Mócsai, J. Ruland, and V. L. J. Tybulewicz, “The SYK tyrosine kinase: a crucial player in diverse biological functions,” Nature Reviews Immunology, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 387–402, 2010.
- S. Sato, H. Kawashima, Y. Kashiwagi, T. Fujioka, K. Takekuma, and A. Hoshika, “Association of mannose-binding lectin gene polymorphisms with Kawasaki disease in the Japanese,” International Journal of Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 307–310, 2009.
- M. H. Biezeveld, I. M. Kuipers, J. Geissler et al., “Association of mannose-binding lectin genotype with cardiovascular abnormalities in Kawasaki disease,” The Lancet, vol. 361, no. 9365, pp. 1268–1270, 2003.