- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 410879, 7 pages
The Osteogenic Study of Tissue Engineering Bone with BMP2 and BMP7 Gene-Modified Rat Adipose-Derived Stem Cell
Center for Joint Surgery, South West Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400038, China
Received 20 March 2012; Revised 29 April 2012; Accepted 7 May 2012
Academic Editor: Jozef Anné
Copyright © 2012 Wang Qing et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. C. Roldán, R. Detsch, S. Schaefer et al., “Bone formation and degradation of a highly porous biphasic calcium phosphate ceramic in presence of BMP-7, VEGF and mesenchymal stem cells in an ectopic mouse model,” Journal of Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 423–430, 2010.
- X. Q. Jiang, J. G. Chen, S. Gittens, C. J. Chen, X. L. Zhang, and Z. Y. Zhang, “The ectopic study of tissue-engineered bone with hBMP-4 gene modified bone marrow stromal cells in rabbits,” Chinese Medical Journal, vol. 118, no. 4, pp. 281–288, 2005.
- R. M. Schek, E. N. Wilke, S. J. Hollister, and P. H. Krebsbach, “Combined use of designed scaffolds and adenoviral gene therapy for skeletal tissue engineering,” Biomaterials, vol. 27, no. 7, pp. 1160–1166, 2006.
- O. Jeon, S. J. Song, H. S. Yang et al., “Long-term delivery enhances in vivo osteogenic efficacy of bone morphogenetic protein-2 compared to short-term delivery,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 369, no. 2, pp. 774–780, 2008.
- X. L. Xu, J. Lou, T. Tang et al., “Evaluation of different scaffolds for BMP-2 genetic orthopedic tissue engineering,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research—Part B, vol. 75, no. 2, pp. 289–303, 2005.
- K. R. Dai, X. L. Xu, T. T. Tang et al., “Repairing of goat tibial bone defects with BMP-2 gene-modified tissue-engineered bone,” Calcified Tissue International, vol. 77, no. 1, pp. 55–61, 2005.
- Y. Kiyozuka, H. Miyazaki, K. Yoshizawa et al., “An autopsy case of malignant mesothelioma with osseous and cartilaginous differentiation: bone morphogenetic protein-2 in mesothelial cells and its tumor,” Digestive Diseases and Sciences, vol. 44, no. 8, pp. 1626–1631, 1999.
- M. R. Bong, E. L. Capla, K. A. Egol et al., “Osteogenic protein-1 (bone morphogenic protein-7) combined with various adjuncts in the treatment of humeral diaphyseal nonunions,” Bulletin, vol. 63, no. 1-2, pp. 20–23, 2005.
- R. Bilic, P. Simic, M. Jelic et al., “Osteogenic protein-1 (BMP-7) accelerates healing of scaphoid non-union with proximal pole sclerosis,” International Orthopaedics, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 128–134, 2006.
- C. Laflamme and M. Rouabhia, “Effect of BMP-2 and BMP-7 homodimers and a mixture of BMP-2/BMP-7 homodimers on osteoblast adhesion and growth following culture on a collagen scaffold,” Biomedical Materials, vol. 3, no. 1, Article ID 015008, 2008.
- M. L. Tong, M. Martina, D. W. Hutmacher, J. H. P. O. Hui, H. L. Eng, and B. Lim, “Identification of common pathways mediating differentiation of bone marrow- and adipose tissue-derived human mesenchymal stem cells into three mesenchymal lineages,” Stem Cells, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 750–760, 2007.
- J. K. Fraser, I. Wulur, Z. Alfonso, and M. H. Hedrick, “Fat tissue: an underappreciated source of stem cells for biotechnology,” Trends in Biotechnology, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 150–154, 2006.
- X. Li, J. Yao, L. Wu et al., “Osteogenic induction of adipose-derived stromal cells: not a requirement for bone formation in vivo,” Artificial Organs, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 46–54, 2010.
- J. Li, Q. Zhao, E. Wang, C. Zhang, G. Wang, and Q. Yuan, “Transplantation of Cbfa1-overexpressing adipose stem cells together with vascularized periosteal flaps repair segmental bone defects,” Journal of Surgical Research. In press.
- G. Lin, M. Garcia, H. Ning et al., “Defining stem and progenitor cells within adipose tissue,” Stem Cells and Development, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 1053–1063, 2008.
- J. Jiang, C. Y. Fan, and B. F. Zeng, “Experimental construction of BMP2 and VEGF gene modified tissue engineering bone in vitro,” International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 1744–1755, 2011.
- X.-Z. Sun, G.-H. Liu, Z.-Q. Wang et al., “Over-expression of VEGF165 in the adipose tissue-derived stem cells via the lentiviral vector,” Chinese Medical Journal, vol. 124, no. 19, pp. 3093–3097, 2011.
- W. G. Wang, S. Q. Lou, X. D. Ju, K. Xia, and J. H. Xia, “in vitro chondrogenesis of human bone marrow-derived mesenchymal progenitor cells in monolayer culture: activation by transfection with TGF-β2,” Tissue and Cell, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 69–77, 2003.
- O. Sugiyama, D. Sung An, S. P. K. Kung et al., “Lentivirus-mediated gene transfer induces long-term transgene expression of BMP-2 in vitro and new bone formation in vivo,” Molecular Therapy, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 390–398, 2005.
- W. K. Hsu, O. Sugiyama, S. H. Park et al., “Lentiviral-mediated BMP-2 gene transfer enhances healing of segmental femoral defects in rats,” Bone, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 931–938, 2007.
- J. M. Mcmahon, S. Conroy, M. Lyons et al., “Gene transfer into rat mesenchymal stem cells: a comparative study of viral and nonviral vectors,” Stem Cells and Development, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 87–96, 2006.
- L. Naldini, U. Blomer, F. H. Gage, D. Trono, and I. M. Verma, “Efficient transfer, integration, and sustained long-term expression of the transgene in adult rat brains injected with a lentiviral vector,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 93, no. 21, pp. 11382–11388, 1996.
- F. R. A. J. Rose and R. O. C. Oreffo, “Bone tissue engineering: hope vs hype,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 292, no. 1, pp. 1–7, 2002.
- G. Liu, L. Zhao, L. Cui, W. Liu, and Y. Cao, “Tissue-engineered bone formation using human bone marrow stromal cells and novel β-tricalcium phosphate,” Biomedical Materials, vol. 2, no. 2, article 04, pp. 78–86, 2007.
- V. Vindigni, R. Cortivo, L. Iacobellis, G. Abatangelo, and B. Zavan, “Hyaluronan benzyl ester as a scaffold for tissue engineering,” International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 10, no. 7, pp. 2972–2985, 2009.
- Y. Ren, C. Han, Y. Jia, H. Yin, and S. Li, “Expression of human bone morphogenetic protein 7 gene in adipose-derived stem cells and its effects on osteogenic phenotype,” Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi, vol. 25, no. 7, pp. 848–853, 2011.
- O. Jeon, J. W. Rhie, I. K. Kwon, J. H. Kim, B. S. Kim, and S. H. Lee, “In vivo bone formation following transplantation of human adipose-derived stromal cells that are not differentiated osteogenically,” Tissue Engineering—Part A, vol. 14, no. 8, pp. 1285–1294, 2008.
- J. T. Koh, Z. Zhao, Z. Wang, I. S. Lewis, P. H. Krebsbach, and R. T. Franceschi, “Combinatorial gene therapy with BMP2/7 enhances cranial bone regeneration,” Journal of Dental Research, vol. 87, no. 9, pp. 845–849, 2008.
- W. Zhu, B. A. Rawlins, O. Boachie-Adjei et al., “Combined bone morphogenetic protein-2 and -7 gene transfer enhances osteoblastic differentiation and spine fusion in a rodent model,” Journal of Bone and Mineral Research, vol. 19, no. 12, pp. 2021–2032, 2004.
- A. Aono, M. Hazama, K. Notoya et al., “Potent ectopic bone-inducing activity of bone morphogenetic protein- 4-7 heterodimer,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 210, no. 3, pp. 670–677, 1995.
- J. Wang, Y. Zheng, J. Zhao et al., “Low-dose rhBMP2/7 heterodimer to reconstruct peri-implant bone defects: a micro-CT evaluation,” Journal of Clinical Periodontology, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 98–105, 2012.