- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 413956, 8 pages
Comparison of Acute Recoil between Bioabsorbable Poly-L-lactic Acid XINSORB Stent and Metallic Stent in Porcine Model
1Shanghai Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases, Department of Cardiology, Zhongshan Hospital Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
2Shanghai Weite Biotechnology Co., Ltd., Shanghai 201203, China
Received 11 July 2012; Accepted 9 August 2012
Academic Editor: Robert E. Cone
Copyright © 2012 Yizhe Wu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Pfisterer, H. P. Brunner-La Rocca, P. T. Buser et al., “Late clinical events after clopidogrel discontinuation may limit the benefit of drug-eluting stents: an observational study of drug-eluting versus bare-metal stents,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 48, no. 12, pp. 2584–2591, 2006.
- N. N. Lang and D. E. Newby, “Emerging thrombotic effects of drug eluting stents,” Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 261–262, 2007.
- M. Joner, A. V. Finn, A. Farb et al., “Pathology of drug-eluting stents in humans: delayed healing and late thrombotic risk,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 193–202, 2006.
- S. H. Hofma, W. J. Van Der Giessen, B. M. Van Dalen et al., “Indication of long-term endothelial dysfunction after sirolimus-eluting stent implantation,” European Heart Journal, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 166–170, 2006.
- M. Togni, S. Windecker, R. Cocchia et al., “Sirolimus-eluting stents associated with paradoxic coronary vasoconstriction,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 231–236, 2005.
- J. W. Kim, S. Y. Suh, C. U. Choi et al., “Six month comparison of coronary endothelial dysfunction associated with sirolimus-eluting stent versus Paclitaxel-eluting stent,” JACC, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 65–71, 2008.
- C. C. Chen, J. Y. Chueh, H. Tseng, H. M. Huang, and S. Y. Lee, “Preparation and characterization of biodegradable PLA polymeric blends,” Biomaterials, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 1167–1173, 2003.
- H. Tamai, K. Igaki, E. Kyo et al., “Initial and 6-month results of biodegradable poly-l-lactic acid coronary stents in humans,” Circulation, vol. 102, no. 4, pp. 399–404, 2000.
- S. Tanimoto, P. W. Serruys, L. Thuesen et al., “Comparison of in vivo acute stent recoil between the bioabsorbable everolimus-eluting coronary stent and the everolimus-eluting cobalt chromium coronary stent: insights from the ABSORB and SPIRIT trials,” Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions, vol. 70, no. 4, pp. 515–523, 2007.
- Y. Onuma, P. W. Serruys, J. Gomez et al., “Comparison of in vivo acute stent recoil between the bioresorbable everolimus-eluting coronary scaffolds (revision 1.0 and 1.1) and the metallic everolimus-eluting stent,” Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions, vol. 78, no. 1, pp. 3–12, 2011.
- M. H. Sketch, M. Ball, B. Rutherford, J. J. Popma, C. Russell, and D. J. Kereiakes, “Evaluation of the Medtronic (Driver) cobalt-chromium alloy coronary stent system,” American Journal of Cardiology, vol. 95, no. 1, pp. 8–12, 2005.
- J. Ge, J. Qian, X. Wang et al., “Effectiveness and safety of the sirolimus-eluting stents coated with bioabsorbable polymer coating in human coronary arteries,” Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions, vol. 69, no. 2, pp. 198–202, 2007.
- H. B. Liu, B. Xu, Y. J. Yang et al., “Long-term clinical outcomes after bioabsorbable polymer- and durable polymer-based sirolimus-eluting stents implantation: two-year follow-up results from a large single-center database,” Chinese Medical Journal, vol. 122, no. 6, pp. 681–686, 2009.
- L. Shen, Q. Wang, Y. Wu, X. Hu, J. Xie, and J. Ge, “Short-term effects of fully bioabsorbable PLLA coronary stents in a porcine model,” Polymer Bulletin, vol. 68, no. 4, pp. 1171–1181, 2012.
- R. S. Stack, R. M. Califf, H. R. Phillips et al., “Interventional cardiac catheterization at Duke Medical Center,” American Journal of Cardiology, vol. 62, no. 10, part 2, pp. 3F–24F, 1988.
- A. M. Lincoff, J. G. Furst, S. G. Ellis, R. J. Tuch, and E. J. Topol, “Sustained local delivery of dexamethasone by a novel intravascular eluting stent to prevent restenosis in the porcine coronary injury model,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 808–816, 1997.
- T. Yamawaki, H. Shimokawa, T. Kozai et al., “Intramural delivery of a specific tyrosine kinase inhibitor with biodegradable stent suppresses the restenotic changes of the coronary artery in pigs in vivo,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 780–786, 1998.
- F. Yang, R. Murugan, S. Wang, and S. Ramakrishna, “Electrospinning of nano/micro scale poly(l-lactic acid) aligned fibers and their potential in neural tissue engineering,” Biomaterials, vol. 26, no. 15, pp. 2603–2610, 2005.
- T. Tsuji, H. Tamai, K. Igaki, et al., “Four-year follow-up of the biodegradable stent (Igaki-Tamai Stent),” Circulation Journal, vol. 68, article 135, 2004.
- Y. Onuma, S. Garg, T. Okamura et al., “Ten-year follow-up of the IGAKI-TAMAI stent. A posthumous tribute to the scientific work of Dr. Hideo Tamai,” EuroIntervention, vol. 5, supplement, pp. F109–F111, 2009.
- P. W. Serruys, J. A. Ormiston, Y. Onuma et al., “A bioabsorbable everolimus-eluting coronary stent system (ABSORB): 2-year outcomes and results from multiple imaging methods,” The Lancet, vol. 373, no. 9667, pp. 897–910, 2009.
- R. Rieu, P. Barragan, C. Masson et al., “Radial force of coronary stents: a comparative analysis,” Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 380–391, 1999.
- M. Zilberman, K. D. Nelson, and R. C. Eberhart, “Mechanical properties and in vitro degradation of bioresorbable fibers and expandable fiber-based stents,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research—Part B Applied Biomaterials, vol. 74, no. 2, pp. 792–799, 2005.
- Y. Onuma and P. W. Serruys, “Bioresorbable scaffold: the advent of a new era in percutaneous coronary and peripheral revascularization?” Circulation, vol. 123, no. 7, pp. 779–797, 2011.
- T. Sharkawi, F. Cornhill, A. Lafont, P. Sabaria, and M. Vert, “Intravascular bioresorbable polymeric stents: a potential alternative to current drug eluting metal stents,” Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 96, no. 11, pp. 2829–2837, 2007.
- S. Aziz, J. L. Morris, R. A. Perry, and R. H. Stables, “Stent expansion: a combination of delivery balloon underexpansion and acute stent recoil reduces predicted stent diameter irrespective of reference vessel size,” Heart, vol. 93, no. 12, pp. 1562–1566, 2007.
- J. P. Carrozza, J. B. Hermiller, T. J. Linnemeier et al., “Quantitative coronary angiographic and intravascular ultrasound assessment of a new nonarticulated stent: report from the Advanced Cardiovascular Systems MultiLink stent pilot study,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 50–56, 1998.
- C. Briguori, C. Sarais, P. Pagnotta et al., “In-stent restenosis in small coronary arteries: impact of strut thickness,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 403–409, 2002.
- J. Pache, A. Kastrati, J. Mehilli et al., “Intracoronary stenting and angiographic results: strut thickness effect on restenosis outcome (ISAR-STEREO-2) trial,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 41, no. 8, pp. 1283–1288, 2003.
- R. S. Schwartz, K. C. Huber, J. G. Murphy et al., “Restenosis and the proportional neointimal response to coronary artery injury: results in a porcine model,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 267–274, 1992.