- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 428503, 10 pages
Thin-Layer Hydroxyapatite Deposition on a Nanofiber Surface Stimulates Mesenchymal Stem Cell Proliferation and Their Differentiation into Osteoblasts
1Laboratory of Tissue Engineering, Institute of Experimental Medicine, Academy of Science of the Czech Republic, Videnska 1083,142 40 Prague, Czech Republic
2Department of Biophysics, 2nd Faculty of Medicine, Charles University in Prague, V Uvalu 84, 150 06 Prague 5, Czech Republic
3Department of Natural Sciences, Czech Technical University in Prague, Zikova 1905/4, 166 36 Prague 6, Czech Republic
4Department of Mechanics, Faculty of Applied Sciences, University of West Bohemia, Univerzitni 8, 30614 Pilsen, Czech Republic
5Department of Nonwoven Textiles, Faculty of Textile Engineering, Technical University of Liberec, Liberec 461 17, Czech Republic
6Institute of Pathology, First Faculty of Medicine, General Teaching Hospital, Charles University, Studnickova 2, 128 00 Prague, Czech Republic
7Department of Medicine and Humanities, Faculty of Biomedical Engineering, Czech Technical University in Prague, Sítná 3105, 272 01 Kladno, Czech Republic
Received 15 June 2011; Accepted 19 October 2011
Academic Editor: Ji Wu
Copyright © 2012 Eva Prosecká et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [14 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- M. Rampichová, J. Chvojka, M. Buzgo, E. Prosecká, P. Mikeš, L. Vysloužilová, D. Tvrdík, P. Kochová, T. Gregor, D. Lukáš, and E. Amler, “Elastic three-dimensional poly (ε-caprolactone) nanofibre scaffold enhances migration, proliferation and osteogenic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells,” Cell Proliferation, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 23–37, 2012.
- Jianan Zhan, Anirudha Singh, Zhe Zhang, Ling Huang, and Jennifer H. Elisseeff, “Multifunctional aliphatic polyester nanofibers for tissue engineering,” Biomatter, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 202–212, 2012.
- Weihu Yang, Xingfeng Xi, Jiajia Fang, Peng Liu, and Kaiyong Cai, “Influences of magnetized hydroxyapatite on the growth behaviors of osteoblasts and the mechanism from molecular dynamics simulation,” Materials Science and Engineering: C, 2013.
- Eva Filová, Michala Rampichová, Andrej Litvinec, Milan Držík, Andrea Míčková, Matej Buzgo, Eva Košťáková, Lenka Martinová, Dušan Usvald, Eva Prosecká, Jiří Uhlík, Jan Motlík, Luděk Vajner, and Evžen Amler, “A cell-free nanofiber composite scaffold regenerated osteochondral defects in miniature pigs,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 447, no. 1-2, pp. 139–149, 2013.
- Evžen Amler, Andrea Mickova, and Matej Buzgo, “Electrospun core/shell nanofibers: a promising system for cartilage and tissue engineering?,” Nanomedicine, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 509–512, 2013.
- Byeongtaek Oh, “Nanofiber for cardiovascular tissue engineering,” Expert Opinion on Drug Delivery, vol. 10, no. 11, pp. 1565–1582, 2013.
- Ioana-Carmen Brie, Olga Soritau, Noemi Dirzu, Cristian Berce, Adriana Vulpoi, Catalin Popa, Milica Todea, Simion Simon, Maria Perde-Schrepler, Piroska Virag, Otilia Barbos, Gabriela Chereches, Petru Berce, and Valentin Cernea, “Comparative in vitro study regarding the biocompatibility of titanium-base composites infiltrated with hydroxyapatite or silicatitanate,” Journal of Biological Engineering, vol. 8, 2014.
- Evžen Amler, Eva Filová, Matej Buzgo, Eva Prosecká, Michala Rampichová, Alois Nečas, Patcharakamon Nooeaid, and Aldo R Boccaccini, “Functionalized nanofibers as drug-delivery systems for osteochondral regeneration,” Nanomedicine, vol. 9, no. 7, pp. 1083–1094, 2014.
- Chengtie Wu, Dong Zhai, Hongshi Ma, Xiaomin Li, Yali Zhang, Yinghong Zhou, Yongxiang Luo, Yueyue Wang, Yin Xiao, and Jiang Chang, “Stimulation of osteogenic and angiogenic ability of cells on polymers by pulsed laser deposition of uniform akermanite-glass nanolayer,” Acta Biomaterialia, 2014.
- Hong Li, Chengtie Wu, Jiang Chang, Yunshen Ge, and Shiyi Chen, “Functional Polyethylene Terephthalate with Nanometer-Sized Bioactive Glass Coatings Stimulating In Vitro and In Vivo Osseointegration for Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction,” Advanced Materials Interfaces, 2014.
- Z.-Y. Qiu, C. Chen, X.-M. Wang, and I.-S. Lee, “Advances in the surface modification techniques of bone-related implants for last 10 years,” Regenerative Biomaterials, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 67–79, 2014.
- P. Kochová, and Z. Tonar, “Structural and Mechanical Properties of Gastropod Connective and Smooth Muscle Tissue,” Experimental Mechanics, 2014.
- Xinxin Zhao, Yuan Siang Lui, Caleb Kai Chuen Choo, Wan Ting Sow, Charlotte Liwen Huang, Kee Woei Ng, Lay Poh Tan, and Joachim Say Chye Loo, “Calcium phosphate coated Keratin-PCL scaffolds for potential bone tissue regeneration,” Materials Science & Engineering C-Materials For Biological Applications, vol. 49, pp. 746–753, 2015.
- Xunxun Lin, Yuan Shi, Yilin Cao, and Wei Liu, “Recent progress in stem cell differentiation directed by material and mechanical cues,” Biomedical Materials, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 014109, 2016.