- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 457065, 7 pages
An Experimental Model for Resistance Exercise in Rodents
1Laboratory of Applied Nutrition and Metabolism, School of Physical Education and Sports, University of São Paulo, Cidade Universitária, 05508-030 São Paulo, SP, Brazil
2Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of São Paulo, 05508-030 São Paulo, SP, Brazil
Received 6 August 2011; Revised 21 October 2011; Accepted 28 November 2011
Academic Editor: Leon Spicer
Copyright © 2012 Humberto Nicastro et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Carol Góis Leandro, Marco Fidalgo, Adriano Bento-Santos, Filippe Falcão-Tebas, Diogo Vasconcelos, Raul Manhães-de-Castro, Angelo Rafael Carpinelli, Sandro Massao Hirabara, and Rui Curi, “Maternal Moderate Physical Training during Pregnancy Attenuates the Effects of a Low-Protein Diet on the Impaired Secretion of Insulin in Rats: Potential Role for Compensation of Insulin Resistance and Preventing Gestational Diabetes Mellitus,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2012, pp. 1–7, 2012.
- Karsten Krueger, Denise K. Gessner, Michael Seimetz, Jasmin Banisch, Robert Ringseis, Klaus Eder, Norbert Weissmann, and Frank C. Mooren, “Functional and Muscular Adaptations in an Experimental Model for Isometric Strength Training in Mice,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 11, 2013.
- Dario Coletti, Emanuele Berardi, Paola Aulino, Eleonora Rossi, Viviana Moresi, Zhenlin Li, and Sergio Adamo, “Substrains of Inbred Mice Differ in Their Physical Activity as a Behavior,” The Scientific World Journal, vol. 2013, pp. 1–7, 2013.
- Jason Cholewa, Lucas Guimarães-Ferreira, Tamiris da Silva Teixeira, Marshall Alan Naimo, Xia Zhi, Rafaele Bis Dal Ponte de Sá, Alice Lodetti, Mayara Quadros Cardozo, and Nelo Eidy Zanchi, “Basic Models Modeling Resistance Training: An Update for Basic Scientists Interested in Study Skeletal Muscle Hypertrophy,” Journal of Cellular Physiology, vol. 229, no. 9, pp. 1148–1156, 2014.
- Dae Yun Seo, Sung Ryul Lee, Nari Kim, Kyung Soo Ko, Byoung Doo Rhee, and Jin Han, “Humanized animal exercise model for clinical implication,” Pflügers Archiv - European Journal of Physiology, 2014.