- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 460837, 7 pages
Patterns of Synonymous Codon Usage on Human Metapneumovirus and Its Influencing Factors
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Suzhou Municipal Hospital Affiliated Nanjing Medical University, 26 Daoqian Street, Jiangsu, Suzhou 215002, China
Received 18 July 2012; Revised 26 September 2012; Accepted 30 September 2012
Academic Editor: Sanford I. Bernstein
Copyright © 2012 Qiao Zhong et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Broor, P. Bharaj, and H. S. Chahar, “Human metapneumovirus: a new respiratory pathogen,” Journal of Biosciences, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 483–493, 2008.
- F. Feuillet, B. Lina, M. Rosa-Calatrava, and G. Boivin, “Ten years of human metapneumovirus research,” Journal of Clinical Virology, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 97–105, 2012.
- Y. Abed and G. Boivin, “Human metapneumovirus infection in immunocompromised child,” Emerging Infectious Diseases, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 854–856, 2008.
- M. Arabpour, A. Samarbafzadeh, M. Makvandi et al., “The highest prevalence of human metapneumovirus in Ahwaz children accompanied by acute respiratory infections,” Indian Journal of Medical Microbiology, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 123–126, 2008.
- M. J. Carr, A. Waters, F. Fenwick, G. L. Toms, W. W. Hall, and E. O'Kelly, “Molecular epidemiology of human metapneumovirus in Ireland,” Journal of Medical Virology, vol. 80, no. 3, pp. 510–516, 2008.
- R. Piyaratna, S. J. Tollefson, and J. V. Williams, “Genomic analysis of four human metapneumovirus prototypes,” Virus Research, vol. 160, no. 1-2, pp. 200–205, 2011.
- B. G. van den Hoogen, T. M. Bestebroer, A. D. M. E. Osterhaus, and R. A. M. Fouchier, “Analysis of the genomic sequence of a human metapneumovirus,” Virology, vol. 295, no. 1, pp. 119–132, 2002.
- G. M. Jenkins and E. C. Holmes, “The extent of codon usage bias in human RNA viruses and its evolutionary origin,” Virus Research, vol. 92, no. 1, pp. 1–7, 2003.
- G. A. Palidwor, T. J. Perkins, and X. Xia, “A general model of Codon bias due to GC mutational bias,” PLoS ONE, vol. 5, no. 10, Article ID e13431, 2010.
- P. M. Sharp, L. R. Emery, and K. Zeng, “Forces that influence the evolution of codon bias,” Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B, vol. 365, no. 1544, pp. 1203–1212, 2010.
- T. Warnecke and L. D. Hurst, “Evidence for a trade-off between translational efficiency and splicing regulation in determining synonymous codon usage in Drosophila melanogaster,” Molecular Biology and Evolution, vol. 24, no. 12, pp. 2755–2762, 2007.
- N. Stoletzki and A. Eyre-Walker, “Synonymous codon usage in Escherichia coli: selection for translational accuracy,” Molecular Biology and Evolution, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 374–381, 2007.
- A. O. Urrutia and L. D. Hurst, “Codon usage bias covaries with expression breadth and the rate of synonymous evolution in humans, but this is not evidence for selection,” Genetics, vol. 159, no. 3, pp. 1191–1199, 2001.
- Y. Kim, “Effect of strong directional selection on weakly selected mutations at linked sites: implication for synonymous codon usage,” Molecular Biology and Evolution, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 286–294, 2004.
- S. G. E. Andersson and P. M. Sharp, “Codon usage and base composition in Rickettsia prowazekii,” Journal of Molecular Evolution, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 525–536, 1996.
- M. Bulmer, “The selection-mutation-drift theory of synonymous codon usage,” Genetics, vol. 129, no. 3, pp. 897–907, 1991.
- Y. Nakamura, T. Gojobori, and T. Ikemura, “Codon usage tabulated from international DNA sequence databases: status for the year 2000,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 28, no. 1, article 292, 2000.
- A. Fuglsang, “The effective number of codons for individual amino acids: some codons are more optimal than others,” Gene, vol. 320, no. 1-2, pp. 185–190, 2003.
- E. Elhaik, G. Landan, and D. Graur, “Can GC content at third-codon positions be used as a proxy for isochore composition?” Molecular Biology and Evolution, vol. 26, no. 8, pp. 1829–1833, 2009.
- M. V. Boland and R. F. Murphy, “Multivariate analysis,” in Current Protocols in Cytometry, chapter 10, p. unit 108, 2001.
- C. B. Bagwell, “Data analysis through modeling,” in Current Protocols in Cytometry, chapter 10, p. unit 107, 2001.
- T. V. Tatarinova, N. N. Alexandrov, J. B. Bouck, and K. A. Feldmann, “GC3 biology in corn, rice, sorghum and other grasses,” BMC Genomics, vol. 11, no. 1, article 308, 2010.
- G. Sablok, K. C. Nayak, F. Vazquez, and T. V. Tatarinova, “Synonymous codon usage, GC3, and evolutionary patterns across plastomes of three pooid model species: emerging grass genome models for monocots,” Molecular Biotechnology, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 116–128, 2011.
- T. Zhou, W. Gu, J. Ma, X. Sun, and Z. Lu, “Analysis of synonymous codon usage in H5N1 virus and other influenza A viruses,” BioSystems, vol. 81, no. 1, pp. 77–86, 2005.
- W. Q. Liu, J. Zhang, Y. Q. Zhang et al., “Compare the differences of synonymous codon usage between the two species within cardiovirus,” Virology Journal, vol. 8, article 325, 2011.
- J. M. Comeron and M. Aguadé, “An evaluation of measures of synonymous codon usage bias,” Journal of Molecular Evolution, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 268–274, 1998.
- X. S. Liu, Y. G. Zhang, Y. Z. Fang, and Y. L. Wang, “Patterns and influencing factor of synonymous codon usage in porcine circovirus,” Virology Journal, vol. 9, article 68, 2012.
- M. R. Ma, X. Q. Ha, H. Ling et al., “The characteristics of the synonymous codon usage in hepatitis B virus and the effects of host on the virus in codon usage pattern,” Virology Journal, vol. 8, Article ID Article number544, 2011.
- Y. S. Liu, J. H. Zhou, H. T. Chen et al., “The characteristics of the synonymous codon usage in enterovirus 71 virus and the effects of host on the virus in codon usage pattern,” Infection, Genetics and Evolution, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 1168–1173, 2011.
- J. H. Zhou, J. Zhang, H. T. Chen, L. N. Ma, and Y. S. Liu, “Analysis of synonymous codon usage in foot-and-mouth disease virus,” Veterinary Research Communications, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 393–404, 2010.
- P. Tao, L. Dai, M. Luo, F. Tang, P. Tien, and Z. Pan, “Analysis of synonymous codon usage in classical swine fever virus,” Virus Genes, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 104–112, 2009.
- Y. S. Liu, J. H. Zhou, H. T. Chen et al., “Analysis of synonymous codon usage in porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus,” Infection, Genetics and Evolution, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 797–803, 2010.
- S. Zhao, Q. Zhang, X. Liu et al., “Analysis of synonymous codon usage in 11 Human Bocavirus isolates,” BioSystems, vol. 92, no. 3, pp. 207–214, 2008.
- P. L. Meintjes and A. G. Rodrigo, “Evolution of relative synonymous codon usage in human immunodeficiency virus type-1,” Journal of Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 157–168, 2005.