- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 480289, 6 pages
Autism Spectrum Disorders: Is Mesenchymal Stem Cell Personalized Therapy the Future?
1Division of Pharmacology “L. Donatelli”, Department of Experimental Medicine, Second University of Naples, Via S. Maria di Costantinopoli, 16-80138 Napoli, Italy
2Centre for Autism, La Forza del Silenzio, Caserta, 80138 Naples, Italy
3Department of Internal and Experimental Medicine “Magrassi-Lanzara”, Second University of Naples, 80138 Naples, Italy
4Center for Celiac Research and Mucosal Biology Research Center, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
5Division of Biotechnology and Molecular Biology “A. Cascino”, Department of Experimental Medicine, Second University of Naples, 80138 Naples, Italy
6Biomedical Centre for Autism Research and Treatment, 70122 Bari, Italy
Received 11 July 2011; Accepted 29 September 2011
Academic Editor: Ken-ichi Isobe
Copyright © 2012 Dario Siniscalco et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- E.B. Keverne, “Significance of epigenetics for understanding brain development, brain evolution and behaviour,” Neuroscience, 2012.
- Alessandra Cirillo, James Jeffrey Bradstreet, and Nicola Antonucci, “Epigenetic Findings in Autism: New Perspectives for Therapy,” International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, vol. 10, no. 9, pp. 4261–4273, 2013.
- Yong-Tao Lv, Zhao-Jing Wang, Byung-Jo Kim, Xiang Hu, Yun Zhang, Min Liu, Jia-na-ti Qiuwaxi, Paul Ashwood, Sungho Charles Cho, Ying Huan, Ru-Cun Ge, and Xing-Wang Chen, “Transplantation of human cord blood mononuclear cells and umbilical cord-derived mesenchymal stem cells in autism,” Journal of Translational Medicine, vol. 11, no. 1, 2013.
- Dario Siniscalco, and Nicola Antonucci, “Possible use of Trichuris suis ova in autism spectrum disorders therapy,” Medical Hypotheses, vol. 81, no. 1, pp. 1–4, 2013.
- Dario Siniscalco, James Jeffrey Bradstreet, Nataliia Sych, and Nicola Antonucci, “Perspectives on the Use of Stem Cells for Autism Treatment,” Stem Cells International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–7, 2013.
- Alok Sharma, Nandini Gokulchandran, Hemangi Sane, Anjana Nagrajan, Amruta Paranjape, Pooja Kulkarni, Akshata Shetty, Priti Mishra, Mrudula Kali, Hema Biju, and Prerna Badhe, “Autologous Bone Marrow Mononuclear Cell Therapy for Autism: An Open Label Proof of Concept Study,” Stem Cells International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–13, 2013.