- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 482096, 19 pages
Bacterial Plasminogen Receptors Utilize Host Plasminogen System for Effective Invasion and Dissemination
1W. M. Keck Center for Transgene Research, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46556, USA
2Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46556, USA
Received 5 April 2012; Revised 24 July 2012; Accepted 13 August 2012
Academic Editor: David M. Waisman
Copyright © 2012 Sarbani Bhattacharya et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [9 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Hai-Shan Jiang, Chen Sun, Tong Wang, Xiao-Fan Zhao, and Jin-Xing Wang, “A single whey acidic protein domain containing protein (SWD) inhibits bacteria invasion and dissemination in shrimp Marsupenaeus japonicus,” Fish and Shellfish Immunology, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 310–318, 2013.
- Lourdes Fiiguera, Amaranta Gómez-Arreaza, and Luisana Avilán, “Parasitism in optima forma: exploiting the host fibrinolytic system for invasion,” Acta Tropica, 2013.
- Peter F. Zipfel, Teresia Hallström, and Kristian Riesbeck, “Human complement control and complement evasion by pathogenic microbes – Tipping the balance,” Molecular Immunology, 2013.
- Vanessa Magalhães, Elva Bonifácio Andrade, Joana Alves, Adilia Ribeiro, Kwang Sik Kim, Margarida Lima, Patrick Trieu-Cuot, and Paula Ferreira, “Group B Streptococcus Hijacks the Host Plasminogen System to Promote Brain Endothelial Cell Invasion,” PLoS ONE, vol. 8, no. 5, 2013.
- Lindseya. Miles, and Robertj. Parmer, “Plasminogen receptors: The first quarter century,” Seminars in Thrombosis and Hemostasis, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 329–337, 2013.
- Satish Singh, Timsy Bhando, and Kanak L. Dikshit, “ Fibrin-targeted plasminogen activation by plasminogen activator, PadA, from Streptococcus dysgalactiae ,” Protein Science, 2014.
- Veera Kainulainen, and Timo Korhonen, “Dancing to Another Tune—Adhesive Moonlighting Proteins in Bacteria,” Biology, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 178–204, 2014.
- Vinod Balhara, Sasmit S. Deshmukh, and Laszlo Kalman, “The Interaction of Streptococcal Enolase with Canine Plasminogen: The Role of Surfaces in Complex Formation,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 2, 2014.
- Reiko Ikeda, and Tomoe Ichikawa, “ Interaction of surface molecules on Cryptococcus neoformans with plasminogen ,” FEMS Yeast Research, 2014.