- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 492608, 9 pages
Asbestos-Induced Cellular and Molecular Alteration of Immunocompetent Cells and Their Relationship with Chronic Inflammation and Carcinogenesis
1Department of Hygiene, Kawasaki Medical School, 577 Matsushima, Kurashiki 7010192, Japan
2Department of Biofunctional Chemistry, Division of Bioscience, Okayama University Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, 3-1-1 Tsushima-Naka, Okayama 7008530, Japan
3Department of Dermatology, Kawasaki Medical School, 577 Matsushima, Kurashiki 7010192, Japan
4Research Center for Asbestos-Related Diseases, Okayama Rosai Hospital, 1-10-25 Chikko-Midorimachi, Minami-Ku, Okayama 7028055, Japan
5Department of Radiation Oncology, Kawasaki Medical School, 577 Matsushima, Kurashiki 7010192, Japan
Received 30 June 2011; Accepted 3 November 2011
Academic Editor: Vassilis Gorgoulis
Copyright © 2012 Hidenori Matsuzaki et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [25 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Megumi Maeda, Shoko Yamamoto, Ying Chen, Naoko Kumagai-Takei, Hiroaki Hayashi, Hidenori Matsuzaki, Suni Lee, Tamayo Hatayama, Naomi Miyahara, Minako Katoh, Juni-ichi Hiratsuka, Yasumitsu Nishimura, and Takemi Otsuki, “Resistance to asbestos-induced apoptosis with continuous exposure to crocidolite on a human T cell,” Science of The Total Environment, vol. 429, pp. 174–182, 2012.
- Terence C. Chua, Chanel H. Chong, and David L. Morris, “Peritoneal Mesothelioma. Current Status and Future Directions,” Surgical Oncology Clinics of North America, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 635–643, 2012.
- Paul Zarogoulidis, Konstantinos Zarogoulidis, Maria Mavroudi, Konstantinos Porpodis, Kalliopi Domvri, Antonios Sakkas, Nikolaos Machairiotis, Aikaterini Stylianaki, Anastasios Tsiotsios, and Nikolaos Courcoutsakis, “Pegylated liposomal doxorubicin in malignant pleural mesothelioma: A possible guardian for long-term survival,” OncoTargets and Therapy, vol. 5, pp. 231–236, 2012.
- A.-Reum Ryu, and Mi-Young Lee, “Proteomic profiling of differentially expressed proteins after exposure to asbestos,” BioChip Journal, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 218–226, 2013.
- Javier Freire, Luis M. Montuenga, Daniel Ajona, Gabriel de Biurrun, Jackeline Agorreta, Victor Segura, Elizabeth Guruceaga, Anne-Marie Bleau, Ruben Pio, and David Blanco, “Silica-induced chronic inflammation promotes lung carcinogenesis in the context of an immunosuppressive microenvironment,” Neoplasia (United States), vol. 15, no. 8, pp. 913–924, 2013.
- Adriel S. Moraes, Rosemeire F.O. Paula, Fernando Pradella, Mariana P.A. Santos, Elaine C. Oliveira, Felipe von Glehn, Daniela S. Camilo, Helder Ceragioli, Alfredo Peterlevitz, Vitor Baranauskas, Walkyria Volpini, Alessandro S. Farias, and Leonilda M.B. Santos, “The Suppressive Effect of IL-27 on Encephalitogenic Th17 Cells Induced by Multiwalled Carbon Nanotubes Reduces the Severity of Experimental Autoimmune Encephalomyelitis,” CNS Neuroscience & Therapeutics, 2013.
- Timothy Craig Allen, “Accurate Diagnosis of Mesothelioma: More Important Than Ever,” Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine, vol. 137, no. 5, pp. 601–602, 2013.
- Liying Wang, Todd A. Stueckle, Anurag Mishra, Raymond Derk, Terence Meighan, Vincent Castranova, and Yon Rojanasakul, “Neoplastic-like transformation effect of single-walled and multi-walled carbon nanotubes compared to asbestos on human lung small airway epithelial cells,” Nanotoxicology, pp. 1–23, 2013.
- Megumi Maeda, Ying Chen, Naoko Kumagai-Takei, Hiroaki Hayashi, Hidenori Matsuzaki, Suni Lee, Jun-ichi Hiratsuka, Yasumitsu Nishimura, Yoshinobu Kimura, and Takemi Otsuki, “Alteration of cytoskeletal molecules in a human T cell line caused by continuous exposure to chrysotile asbestos,” Immunobiology, 2013.
- J. Delourme, X. Dhalluin, A.B. Cortot, J.-J. Lafitte, and A. Scherpereel, “Prise en charge diagnostique et thérapeutique du mésothéliome pleural malin,” Revue de Pneumologie Clinique, vol. 69, no. 1, pp. 26–35, 2013.
- Eric Gustavo Ramírez-Salazar, Luis Carlos Salinas-Silva, Maria Eugenia Vázquez-Manríquez, Luis Vicente Gayosso-Gómez, Maria Cristina Negrete-Garcia, Sandra Lizbeth Ramírez-Rodriguez, Raúl Chávez, Edgar Zenteno, Patricio Santillán, Javier Kelly-García, and Blanca Ortiz-Quintero, “Analysis of microRNA expression signatures in malignant pleural mesothelioma, pleural inflammation, and atypical mesothelial hyperplasia reveals common predictive tumorigenesis-related targets,” Experimental and Molecular Pathology, 2014.
- Pamela E. Blackshear, Arun R. Pandiri, Thai-Vu T. Ton, Natasha P. Clayton, Keith R. Shockley, Shyamal D. Peddada, Kevin E. Gerrish, Robert C. Sills, and Mark J. Hoenerhoff, “Spontaneous Mesotheliomas in F344/N Rats Are Characterized by Dysregulation of Cellular Growth and Immune Function Pathways,” Toxicologic Pathology, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 863–876, 2014.
- Kouki Fujioka, Sanshiro Hanada, Yuriko Inoue, Keisuke Sato, Kenji Hirakuri, Kouichi Shiraishi, Fumihide Kanaya, Keiichi Ikeda, Ritsuko Usui, Kenji Yamamoto, Seung U. Kim, and Yoshinobu Manome, “Effects of Silica and Titanium Oxide Particles on a Human Neural Stem Cell Line: Morphology, Mitochondrial Activity, and Gene Expression of Differentiation Markers,” International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 15, no. 7, pp. 11742–11759, 2014.
- Joyce K. Thompson, Catherine M. Westbom, Maximilian B. MacPherson, Brooke T. Mossman, Nicholas H. Heintz, Page Spiess, and Arti Shukla, “Asbestos modulates thioredoxin-thioredoxin interacting protein interaction to regulate inflammasome activation,” Particle and Fibre Toxicology, vol. 11, 2014.
- Krishna Pillai, Anahid Ehteda, Javid Akhter, Terence C. Chua, and David L. Morris, “Anticancer effect of bromelain with and without cisplatin or 5-FU on malignant peritoneal mesothelioma cells,” Anti-Cancer Drugs, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 150–160, 2014.
- Christopher Norbet, Amanda Joseph, Santiago S. Rossi, Sanjeev Bhalla, and Fernando R. Gutierrez, “Asbestos-Related Lung Disease: A Pictorial Review,” Current Problems in Diagnostic Radiology, 2014.
- Cengizhan Sezgi, Mahsuk Taylan, Hadice Selimoglu Sen, Osman Evliyaoğlu, Halide Kaya, Ozlem Abakay, Abdurrahman Abakay, Abdullah Cetin Tanrıkulu, and Abdurrahman Senyiğit, “Oxidative Status and Acute Phase Reactants in Patients with Environmental Asbestos Exposure and Mesothelioma,” The Scientific World Journal, vol. 2014, pp. 1–5, 2014.
- Yuwadee Ngamwong, Wimonchat Tangamornsuksan, Ornrat Lohitnavy, Nathorn Chaiyakunapruk, C. Norman Scholfield, Brad Reisfeld, and Manupat Lohitnavy, “Additive Synergism between Asbestos and Smoking in Lung Cancer Risk: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 8, 2015.
- Laura Niccoli, Emanuele Cassarà, Olga Kaloudi, Carlotta Nannini, Micaela Romagnoli, and Fabrizio Cantini, “Systemic autoimmune disease in asbestosis rapidly responding to anti-interleukin-1beta antibody canakinumab: a case report,” BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders, vol. 16, no. 1, 2015.
- Takemi Otsuki, Hidenori Matsuzaki, Suni Lee, Naoko Kumagai-Takei, Shoko Yamamoto, Tamayo Hatayama, Kei Yoshitome, and Yasumitsu Nishimura, “Environmental factors and human health: fibrous and particulate substance-induced immunological disorders and construction of a health-promoting living environment,” Environmental Health and Preventive Medicine, 2015.
- Rebeca Tenajas Cobo, and Julia Sánchez Miró, “Fibrosis pulmonar,” FMC - Formación Médica Continuada en Atención Primaria, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 45–48, 2015.
- Bo Ra You, and Woo Hyun Park, “The levels of HDAC1 and thioredoxin1 are related to the death of mesothelioma cells by suberoylanilide hydroxamic acid,” International Journal Of Oncology, vol. 48, no. 5, pp. 2197–2204, 2016.
- Hidenori Matsuzaki, Suni Lee, Megumi Maeda, Naoko Kumagai-Takei, Yasumitsu Nishimura, and Takemi Otsuki, “FoxO1 regulates apoptosis induced by asbestos in the MT-2 human T-cell line,” Journal of Immunotoxicology, pp. 1–8, 2016.
- Shan-shan Su, Guo-qi Zheng, Ya-gang Liu, Yue-feng Chen, Zhao-wei Song, Shu-jing Yu, Ning-ning Sun, and Yu-xin Yang, “Malignant Peritoneum Mesothelioma with Hepatic Involvement: A Single Institution Experience in 5 Patients and Review of the Literature,” Gastroenterology Research and Practice, vol. 2016, pp. 1–12, 2016.
- Tina Zhang, Paul Costigan, Nitin Varshney, and Antonio Tricoli, “Disposable micro stir bars by photodegradable organic encapsulation of hematite–magnetite nanoparticles,” RSC Adv., vol. 6, no. 40, pp. 33843–33850, 2016.