- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 507294, 9 pages
Bioequivalence and Population Pharmacokinetic Modeling of Two Forms of Antibiotic, Cefuroxime Lysine and Cefuroxime Sodium, after Intravenous Infusion in Beagle Dogs
1School of Pharmacy, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Shenyang 110016, China
2Department of Pharmacy, Beijing Tiantan Hospital Affiliated to Capital Medical University, Beijing 100050, China
Received 22 January 2012; Accepted 14 May 2012
Academic Editor: Andre Van Wijnen
Copyright © 2012 Longshan Zhao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Fiocchi, E. Calcinai, G. Beghi, and L. Terracciano, “Paediatric upper respiratory infections: the role of antibiotics,” International Journal of Immunopathology and Pharmacology, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 56–60, 2010.
- A. Barbour, S. Schmidt, W. R. Rout, K. Ben-David, O. Burkhardt, and H. Derendorf, “Soft tissue penetration of cefuroxime determined by clinical microdialysis in morbidly obese patients undergoing abdominal surgery,” International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 231–235, 2009.
- J. C. Vazquez and E. Abalos, “Treatments for symptomatic urinary tract infections during pregnancy,” Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, vol. 19, Article ID CD002256, 2011.
- G. M. Salzmann, F. D. Naal, F. von Knoch et al., “Effects of cefuroxime on human osteoblasts in vitro,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research A, vol. 82, no. 2, pp. 462–468, 2007.
- K. Abo El-Sooud, H. A. El-Banna, M. S. M. Hanafy, and A. Goudah, “Pharmacokinetics and intramuscular bioavailability of cefuroxime sodium in goats,” Research in Veterinary Science, vol. 69, no. 3, pp. 219–224, 2000.
- G. Benoni, L. Franco, A. Conforti, A. Totorizzo, and G. P. Velo, “Pharmacokinetics of cefuroxim and cefoxitin in experimental pleurisy in the rat,” Giornale Italiano di Chemioterapia, vol. 28, no. 1-2, pp. 33–39, 1981.
- R. K. Chaudhary, A. K. Srivastava, and S. Rampal, “Modification of the pharmacokinetics and dosage of cefuroxime by endotoxin-induced fever in buffalo calves,” Veterinary Research Communications, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 361–368, 1999.
- C. A. Knoderer, S. A. Saft, S. G. Walker et al., “Cefuroxime pharmacokinetics in pediatric cardiovascular surgery patients undergoing cardiopulmonary bypass,” Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 425–430, 2011.
- M. Bischoff, A. Beck, P. Frei, and G. Bischoff, “Pharmacokinetics of cefuroxime in traumatic wound secretion and antibacterial activity under vacuum therapy,” Journal of Chemotherapy, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 92–97, 2010.
- L. S. Zhao, Y. L. Zhao, Q. Li, et al., “A fast, sensitive, and high throughput method for the determination of cefuroxime lysine in dog plasma by UPLC-MS/MS,” Talanta, vol. 89, pp. 84–90, 2012.
- J. W. Mandema, D. Verotta, and L. B. Sheiner, “Building population pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic models. I. Models for covariate effects,” Journal of Pharmacokinetics and Biopharmaceutics, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 511–528, 1992.
- S. L. Beal, A. J. Boeckman, and L. B. Sheiner, NONMEM: User’s Guides, Universtiy of California at San Friacisco, San Francisco Calif, USA, 1988–1992.
- A. M. Nevill, S. Bate, and R. L. Holder, “Modeling physiological and anthropometric variables known to vary with body size and other confounding variables,” American Journal of Physical Anthropology, vol. 41, pp. 141–153, 2005.
- P. Colucci, J. Turgeon, and M. P. Ducharme, “How critical is the duration of the sampling scheme for the determination of half-life, characterization of exposure and assessment of bioequivalence?” Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 217–226, 2011.
- J. Powers, “Statistical analysis of pharmacokinetics data,” Journal of Veterinary Pharmacology and Therapeutics, vol. 13, pp. 113–120, 1990.
- K. Yamaoka, T. Nakagawa, and T. Uno, “Application of Akaike's information criterion (AIC) in the evaluation of linear pharmacokinetics equations,” Journal of Pharmacokinetics and Biopharmaceutics, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 165–175, 1978.
- S. Wamberg, N. C. F. Sandgaard, and P. Bie, “Simultaneous determination of total body water and plasma volume in conscious dogs by the indicator dilution principle,” Journal of Nutrition, vol. 132, no. 6, pp. 1711s–1713s, 2002.
- P. Partani, S. Gurule, A. Khuroo, T. Monif, and S. Bhardwaj, “Liquid chromatography/electrospray tandem mass spectrometry method for the determination of cefuroxime in human plasma: application to a pharmacokinetic study,” Journal of Chromatography B, vol. 878, no. 3-4, pp. 428–434, 2010.