- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 519723, 6 pages
Security Analysis and Enhancements of an Effective Biometric-Based Remote User Authentication Scheme Using Smart Cards
Division of Computer and Media Information Engineering, Kangnam University,
111, Gugal-dong, Giheung-gu, Yongin-si, Gyounggi-do, 446-702, Republic of Korea
Received 25 May 2012; Accepted 7 June 2012
Academic Editor: Sabah Mohammed
Copyright © 2012 Younghwa An. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Lamport, “Password authentication with insecure communication,” Communications of the ACM, vol. 24, no. 11, pp. 770–772, 1981.
- M. S. Hwang and L. H. Li, “A new remote user authentication scheme using smart cards,” IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 28–30, 2000.
- E. J. Yoon, E. K. Ryu, and K. Y. Yoo, “Further improvement of an efficient password based remote user authentication scheme using smart cards,” IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 612–614, 2004.
- M. L. Das, A. Saxena, and V. P. Gulati, “A dynamic ID-based remote user authentication scheme,” IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 629–631, 2004.
- C. W. Lin, C. S. Tsai, and M. S. Hwang, “A new strong-password authentication scheme using one-way Hash functions,” Journal of Computer and Systems Sciences International, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 623–626, 2006.
- C. S. Bindu, P. Reddy, and B. Satyanarayana, “Improved remote user authentication scheme preserving user anonymity,” International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, vol. 83, pp. 62–66, 2008.
- W. C. Ku, S. T. Chang, and M. H. Chiang, “Further cryptanalysis of fingerprint-based remote user authentication scheme using smartcards,” Electronics Letters, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 240–241, 2005.
- M. K. Khan and J. Zhang, “An efficient and practical fingerprint-based remote user authentication scheme with smart cards,” Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 3903, pp. 260–268, 2006.
- A. Baig, A. Bouridane, F. Kurugollu, and G. Qu, “Fingerprint-Iris fusion based identification system using a single hamming distance matcher,” International Journal of Bio-Science and Bio-Technology, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 47–58, 2009.
- J. Pedraza, M. A. Patricio, A. de Asís, and J. M. Molina, “Privacy and legal requirements for developing biometric identification software in context-based applications,” International Journal of Bio-Science and Bio-Technology, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 13–24, 2010.
- C. C. Chang, S.C. Chang, and Y.W. Lai, “An improved biometrics-based user authentication scheme without concurrency system,” International Journal of Intelligent Information Processing, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 41–49, 2010.
- C. T. Li and M. S. Hwang, “An efficient biometrics-based remote user authentication scheme using smart cards,” Journal of Network and Computer Applications, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 1–5, 2010.
- A. K. Das, “Analysis and Improvement on an efficient biometric-based remote user authentication scheme using smart cards,” IET Information Security, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 541–552, 2011.
- P. Kocher, J. Jaffe, and B. Jun, “Differential power analysis,” Proceedings of Advances in Cryptology, pp. 388–397, 1999.
- T. S. Messerges, E. A. Dabbish, and R. H. Sloan, “Examining smart-card security under the threat of power analysis attacks,” IEEE Transactions on Computers, vol. 51, no. 5, pp. 541–552, 2002.