- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 521267, 9 pages
A Privacy-Preserved Analytical Method for eHealth Database with Minimized Information Loss
1Service Systems Technology Center, Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI), Hsinchu 31040, Taiwan
2Department of Communications Engineering, National Chung Cheng University, Chiayi 62145, Taiwan
Received 17 May 2012; Revised 18 July 2012; Accepted 19 July 2012
Academic Editor: Tai Hoon Kim
Copyright © 2012 Ya-Ling Chen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J.-H. Kao, C.-Y. Hsu, Y.-P. Sung, and W. P. Liao, “DICOM-based multi-center electronic medical records management system,” International Journal of Bio-Science and Bio-Technology, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 11–22, 2010.
- S.-H. Lin, Y.-C. G. Lee, and C.-Y. Hsu, “Data warehouse approach to build a decision-support platform for orthopedics based on clinical and academic requirements,” International Journal of Bio-Science and Bio-Technology, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 1–12, 2010.
- J. Pedraza, M. A. Patricio, A. de Asís, and J. M. Molina, “Privacy and legal requirements for developing biometric identification software in context-based applications,” International Journal of Bio-Science and Bio-Technology, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 13–24, 2010.
- Health System Use Technical Advisory Committee—Data De-Identification Working Group, “‘Best Practice’ Guidelines for Managing the Disclosure of De-Identified Health Information,” Ottawa, Canada, Canadian Institute for Health Information, 2010.
- K. El Emam, “Risk-based de-identification of health data,” IEEE Security and Privacy, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 64–67, 2010.
- K. El Emam, “Heuristics for de-identifying health data,” IEEE Security and Privacy, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 58–61, 2008.
- A. Appari and M. E. Johnson, “Information security and privacy in healthcare: current state of research,” International Journal of Internet and Enterprise Management, vol. 6, no. 4, 2010.
- L. Sweeney, “k-anonymity: a model for protecting privacy,” International Journal of Uncertainty, Fuzziness and Knowlege-Based Systems, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 557–570, 2002.
- L. Sweeney, “Achieving k-anonymity privacy protection using generalization and suppression,” International Journal of Uncertainty, Fuzziness and Knowlege-Based Systems, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 571–588, 2002.
- K. El Emam and F. K. Dankar, “Protecting Privacy Using k-Anonymity,” Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 627–637, 2008.
- P. Samarati and L. Sweeney, “Protecting privacy when disclosing information: k-anonymity and its enforcement through generalization and suppression,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on Research in Security and Privacy, Oakland, Calif, USA, May 1998.
- R. Fraser and D. Willison, “Tools for De-Identification of Personal Health Information,” Pan Canadian Health Information Privacy (HIP) Group, 2009.
- K. El Emam, F. K. Dankar, R. Vaillancourt, T. Roffey, and M. Lysyk, “Evaluating the risk of re-identification of patients from hospital prescription records,” Canadian Journal of Hospital Pharmacy, vol. 62, no. 4, pp. 307–319, 2009.
- B. C. M. Fung, K. Wang, and P. S. Yu, “Top-down specialization for information and privacy preservation,” in Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE '05), pp. 205–216, Tokyo, Japan, April 2005.
- F. K. Dankar and K. El Emam, “A method for evaluating marketer re-identification risk,” in Proceedings of the EDBT/ICDT Workshops, Lausanne, Switzerland, March 2010.
- Voorburg Group, “μ-Argus version 4.2 Software and User’s Manual,” Netherlands Statistical Office, 2008.
- A. Frank and A. Asuncion, “UCI Machine Learning Repository,” University of California, School of Information and Computer Science, 2010, http://archive.ics.uci.edu/ml.
- X. B. Li and S. Sarkar, “A tree-based data perturbation approach for privacy-preserving data mining,” IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, vol. 18, no. 9, pp. 1278–1283, 2006.
- A. Machanavajjhala, D. Kifer, J. Gehrke, and M. Venkitasubramaniam, “ℓ-diversity: privacy beyond k-anonymity,” ACM Transactions on Knowledge Discovery from Data, vol. 1, no. 1, Article ID 1217302, 2007.