- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 546521, 7 pages
A Collaborative Molecular Modeling Environment Using a Virtual Tunneling Service
Department of Advanced Technology Fusion, Konkuk University, Seoul 143-701, Republic of Korea
Received 17 May 2012; Accepted 8 July 2012
Academic Editor: Tai Hoon Kim
Copyright © 2012 Jun Lee et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Joslin, T. Di Giacomo, and N. Magnenat-Thalmann, “Collaborative virtual environments: from birth to standardization,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 28–33, 2004.
- H. Y. Kan, V. G. Duffy, and C. J. Su, “An Internet virtual reality collaborative environment for effective product design,” Computers in Industry, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 197–213, 2001.
- A. R. Leach, Molecular Modelling: Principles and Applications, 2001.
- K. I. Ramachandran, G. Deepa, and K. Namboori, Computational Chemistry and Molecular Modeling: Principles and Applications, 2008.
- J. I. Kim, S. Park, J. Lee, Y. Choi, and S. Jung, “Development of a gesture-based molecular visualization tool based on virtual reality for molecular docking,” Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society, vol. 25, no. 10, pp. 1571–1574, 2004.
- S. Park, J. Lee, and J. I. Kim, “A collaborative virtual reality environment for molecular modeling,” Advances in Artificial Reality and Tele-Existence, vol. 4282, pp. 324–333, 2006.
- J. Lee, P. Quy, J. I. Kim, L. W. Kang, A. Seo, and H. Kim, “A collaborative virtual reality environment for molecular biology,” in Proceedings of the International Symposium on Ubiquitous Virtual Reality (ISUVR '09), pp. 68–71, July 2009.
- J. Lee, L. W. Kang, H. Kim, and J. I. Kim, “Co-Coot: a real-time collaborative tool for bio-molecular modeling and visualization,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Virtual Reality Innovations (ISVRI '110, pp. 281–286, March 2011.
- J. Bhandarkar, G. Budescu, W. F. Humphrey et al., “BioCoRE: a collaboratory for structural biology,” in Proceedings of the SCS International Conference on Web-Based Modeling and Simulation, pp. 242–251, 1999.
- W. Humphrey, A. Dalke, and K. Schulten, “VMD: visual molecular dynamics,” Journal of Molecular Graphics, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 33–38, 1996.
- L. V. Kale, M. Bhandarkar, R. Brunner, N. Krawetz, J. Phillips, and A. Shinozaki, “NAMD: a case study in multilingual parallel programming,” in Proceedings of the 10th International Workshop on Languages and Compilers for Parallel Computing, pp. 367–381, 1999.
- P. Emsley and K. Cowtan, “Coot: model-building tools for molecular graphics,” Acta Crystallographica Section D, vol. 60, no. 12, pp. 2126–2132, 2004.
- Open API, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_API.
- K. D. Westover, D. A. Bushnell, and R. D. Kornberg, “Structural basis of transcription: separation of RNA from DNA by RNA polymerase II,” Science, vol. 303, no. 5660, pp. 1014–1016, 2004.