- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 564259, 21 pages
Cell Surface Remodeling by Plasmin: A New Function for an Old Enzyme
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Received 2 May 2012; Accepted 1 June 2012
Academic Editor: Lindsey A. Miles
Copyright © 2012 Elena I. Deryugina and James P. Quigley. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- B Casar, I Rimann, H Kato, S J Shattil, J P Quigley, and E I Deryugina, “In vivo cleaved CDCP1 promotes early tumor dissemination via complexing with activated β1 integrin and induction of FAK/PI3K/Akt motility signaling,” Oncogene, 2012.
- A G Stewart, Y C Xia, T Harris, S Royce, J A Hamilton, and M Schuliga, “Plasminogen-stimulated airway smooth muscle cell proliferation is mediated by urokinase and annexin A2, involving plasmin-activated cell signalling,” British Journal of Pharmacology, 2013.
- Anat Klein-Goldberg, Shelly Maman, and Isaac P. Witz, “The role played by the microenvironment in site-specific metastasis,” Cancer Letters, 2013.
- Brian S. Hamilton, and Gary R. Whittaker, “Cleavage activation of human-adapted influenza virus subtypes by kallikrein-related peptidases 5 and 12,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 288, no. 24, pp. 17399–17407, 2013.
- Nicolas Etique, Laurie Verzeaux, Stéphane Dedieu, and Hervé Emonard, “LRP-1: A Checkpoint for the Extracellular Matrix Proteolysis,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–7, 2013.
- Lindseya. Miles, and Robertj. Parmer, “Plasminogen receptors: The first quarter century,” Seminars in Thrombosis and Hemostasis, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 329–337, 2013.
- Pollyana M.S. Melo, Piero Bagnaresi, Thaysa Paschoalin, Izaura Y. Hirata, Marcos L. Gazarini, and Adriana K. Carmona, “Plasmodium falciparum proteases hydrolyze plasminogen, generating angiostatin-like fragments,” Molecular and Biochemical Parasitology, 2014.
- Jungha Park, Takayuki Yamaura, Jun Kawamoto, and Tatsuo Kurihara, “Reciprocal Modulation of Surface Expression of Annexin A2 in a Human Umbili cal Vein Endothelial Cell-Derived Cell Line by Eicosapentaenoic Acid and Do cosahexaenoic Acid,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 1, 2014.
- B. Afsharimani, P. J. Cabot, and M.- O. Parat, “Effect of lysine antifibrinolytics and cyclooxygenase inhibitors on the proteolytic profile of breast cancer cells interacting with macrophages or endothelial cells,” British Journal of Anaesthesia, 2014.
- Jean Claude Monboisse, Jean Baptiste Oudart, Laurent Ramont, Sylvie Brassart-Pasco, and François Xavier Maquart, “Matrikines from basement membrane collagens: A new anti-cancer strategy,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - General Subjects, 2014.