- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 564259, 21 pages
Cell Surface Remodeling by Plasmin: A New Function for an Old Enzyme
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Received 2 May 2012; Accepted 1 June 2012
Academic Editor: Lindsey A. Miles
Copyright © 2012 Elena I. Deryugina and James P. Quigley. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [25 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- B Casar, I Rimann, H Kato, S J Shattil, J P Quigley, and E I Deryugina, “In vivo cleaved CDCP1 promotes early tumor dissemination via complexing with activated β1 integrin and induction of FAK/PI3K/Akt motility signaling,” Oncogene, 2012.
- A G Stewart, Y C Xia, T Harris, S Royce, J A Hamilton, and M Schuliga, “Plasminogen-stimulated airway smooth muscle cell proliferation is mediated by urokinase and annexin A2, involving plasmin-activated cell signalling,” British Journal of Pharmacology, 2013.
- Anat Klein-Goldberg, Shelly Maman, and Isaac P. Witz, “The role played by the microenvironment in site-specific metastasis,” Cancer Letters, 2013.
- Brian S. Hamilton, and Gary R. Whittaker, “Cleavage activation of human-adapted influenza virus subtypes by kallikrein-related peptidases 5 and 12,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 288, no. 24, pp. 17399–17407, 2013.
- Valentina Pirazzoli, Gian Maria Sarra Ferraris, and Nicolai Sidenius, “Direct evidence of the importance of vitronectin and its interaction with the urokinase receptor in tumor growth,” Blood, vol. 121, no. 12, pp. 2316–2323, 2013.
- Lindseya. Miles, and Robertj. Parmer, “Plasminogen receptors: The first quarter century,” Seminars in Thrombosis and Hemostasis, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 329–337, 2013.
- Nicolas Etique, Laurie Verzeaux, Stéphane Dedieu, and Hervé Emonard, “LRP-1: A Checkpoint for the Extracellular Matrix Proteolysis,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–7, 2013.
- J. Karkowska-Kuleta, and A. Kozik, “Moonlighting proteins as virulence factors of pathogenic fungi, parasitic protozoa and multicellular parasites,” Molecular Oral Microbiology, 2014.
- Soudabeh Sabetian, Mohd Shahir Shamsir, and Mohammed Abu Naser, “Functional features and protein network of human sperm-egg interaction,” Systems Biology in Reproductive Medicine, pp. 1–9, 2014.
- Christiane Wiesner, Véronique Le-Cabec, Karim El Azzouzi, Isabelle Maridonneau-Parini, and Stefan Linder, “Podosomes in space: Macrophage migration and matrix degradation in 2D and 3D settings,” Cell Adhesion & Migration, vol. 8, no. 3, 2014.
- M. Roselli, S. Riondino, S. Mariotti, F. La Farina, P. Ferroni, and F. Guadagni, “Clinical models and biochemical predictors of VTE in lung cancer,” Cancer and Metastasis Reviews, 2014.
- Rami A. Al-Horani, and Umesh R. Desai, “Recent Advances on Plasmin Inhibitors for the Treatment of Fibrinolysis-Related Disorders,” Medicinal Research Reviews, 2014.
- Pollyana M.S. Melo, Piero Bagnaresi, Thaysa Paschoalin, Izaura Y. Hirata, Marcos L. Gazarini, and Adriana K. Carmona, “Plasmodium falciparum proteases hydrolyze plasminogen, generating angiostatin-like fragments,” Molecular and Biochemical Parasitology, 2014.
- Miroslava Didiasova, Lukasz Wujak, Malgorzata Wygrecka, and Dariusz Zakrzewicz, “From Plasminogen to Plasmin: Role of Plasminogen Receptors in Human Cancer,” International Journal Of Molecular Sciences, vol. 15, no. 11, pp. 21229–21252, 2014.
- Ingrid M. Verhamme, and Paul E. Bock, “Rapid Binding of Plasminogen to Streptokinase in a Catalytic Complex Reveals a Three-step Mechanism,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 289, no. 40, pp. 28006–28018, 2014.
- B. Afsharimani, P. J. Cabot, and M.- O. Parat, “Effect of lysine antifibrinolytics and cyclooxygenase inhibitors on the proteolytic profile of breast cancer cells interacting with macrophages or endothelial cells,” British Journal of Anaesthesia, 2014.
- Jean Claude Monboisse, Jean Baptiste Oudart, Laurent Ramont, Sylvie Brassart-Pasco, and François Xavier Maquart, “Matrikines from basement membrane collagens: A new anti-cancer strategy,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - General Subjects, 2014.
- Jungha Park, Takayuki Yamaura, Jun Kawamoto, Tatsuo Kurihara, and Satoshi B. Sato, “Reciprocal Modulation of Surface Expression of Annexin A2 in a Human Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cell-Derived Cell Line by Eicosapentaenoic Acid and Docosahexaenoic Acid,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 1, 2014.
- Michael J. Duffy, Patricia M. McGowan, Nadia Harbeck, Christoph Thomssen, and Manfred Schmitt, “uPA and PAI-1 as biomarkers in breast cancer: validated for clinical use in level-of-evidence-1 studies,” Breast Cancer Research, vol. 16, no. 4, 2014.
- Amparo Estepa, and Julio Coll, “Inhibition of SERPINe1 reduces rhabdoviral infections in zebrafish,” Fish & Shellfish Immunology, 2015.
- Beate Heissig, Douaa Dhahri, Salita Eiamboonsert, Yousef Salama, Hiroshi Shimazu, Shinya Munakata, and Koichi Hattori, “Role of mesenchymal stem cell-derived fibrinolytic factor in tissue regeneration and cancer progression,” Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences, 2015.
- Marilyne Kpetemey, Subhamoy Dasgupta, Smrithi Rajendiran, Susobhan Das, Lee D. Gibbs, Praveenkumar Shetty, Zygmunt Gryczynski, and Jamboor K. Vishwanatha, “MIEN1, a novel interactor of Annexin A2, promotes tumor cell migration by enhancing AnxA2 cell surface expression,” Molecular Cancer, vol. 14, no. 1, 2015.
- A. Laurenzana, G. Fibbi, F. Margheri, A. Biagioni, C. Luciani, M. Del Rosso, and A. Chilla, “Endothelial Progenitor Cells in Sprouting Angiogenesis: Proteases Pave the Way,” Current Molecular Medicine, vol. 15, no. 7, pp. 606–620, 2015.
- Michael Schuliga, “The Inflammatory Actions of Coagulant and Fibrinolytic Proteases in Disease,” Mediators of Inflammation, vol. 2015, pp. 1–9, 2015.
- Niklas Kolbe, Jana Kat’uchová, Nikolaos Sfakianakis, Nadja Hellmann, and Mária Lukáčová-Medvid’ová, “A study on time discretization and adaptive mesh refinement methods for the simulation of cancer invasion: The urokinase model,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 273, pp. 353–376, 2016.