- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 568567, 11 pages
Patient-Derived Xenografts of Non Small Cell Lung Cancer: Resurgence of an Old Model for Investigation of Modern Concepts of Tailored Therapy and Cancer Stem Cells
1Tumor Genomics Unit, Department of Experimental Oncology and Molecular Medicine, IRCCS Foundation National Cancer Institute, Via Venezian 1, 20133 Milan, Italy
2Molecular Pharmacology Unit, Department of Experimental Oncology and Molecular Medicine, IRCCS Foundation National Cancer Institute, Via Venezian 1, 20133 Milan, Italy
3Thoracic Surgery Unit, Department of Surgery, IRCCS Foundation National Cancer Institute, Via Venezian 1, 20133 Milan, Italy
Received 28 December 2011; Accepted 10 January 2012
Academic Editor: Andrea Vecchione
Copyright © 2012 Massimo Moro et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [12 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Hyang Sook Seol, Young-Ah Suh, Young-joon Ryu, Hyun Jung Kim, Sung Min Chun, Deuk Chae Na, Hiroshi Fukamachi, Seong-Yun Jeong, Eun Kyung Choi, and Se Jin Jang, “A patient-derived xenograft mouse model generated from primary cultured cells recapitulates patient tumors phenotypically and genetically,” Journal of Cancer Research and Clinical Oncology, 2013.
- Min-chul Kwon, and Anton Berns, “Mouse models for lung cancer,” Molecular Oncology, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 165–177, 2013.
- Hiroshi Suemizu, Kenji Kawai, Yuichiro Higuchi, Haruo Hashimoto, Tomoyuki Ogura, Toshio Itoh, Erika Sasaki, and Masato Nakamura, “A Versatile Technique for the In Vivo Imaging of Human Tumor Xenografts Using Near-Infrared Fluorochrome-Conjugated Macromolecule Probes,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 12, 2013.
- Seema Jamil, Isabell Hultman, Jessica Cedervall, Rouknuddin Q. Ali, Gabriel Fuchs, Bengt Gustavsson, Jurate Asmundsson, Bengt Sandstedt, Per Kogner, and Lars Ährlund-Richter, “ Tropism of the in situ growth from biopsies of childhood neuroectodermal tumors following transplantation into experimental teratoma ,” International Journal of Cancer, 2013.
- Tinneke Denayer, Thomas Stöhr, and Maarten Van Roy, “Animal models in translational medicine: Validation and prediction,” New Horizons in Translational Medicine, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 5–11, 2014.
- Marion de Jong, Jeroen Essers, and Wytske M. van Weerden, “Imaging preclinical tumour models: improving translational power,” Nature Reviews Cancer, vol. 14, no. 7, pp. 481–493, 2014.
- Edward Rosfjord, Judy Lucas, and Hans-Peter Gerber, “Advances in Patient-Derived Tumor Xenografts: From Target Identification to Predicting Clinical Response Rates in Oncology,” Biochemical Pharmacology, 2014.
- Walter F. Bodmer, “Cancer Cell Lines for Drug Discovery and Development,” Cancer Research, vol. 74, no. 9, pp. 2377–2384, 2014.
- Hyang Sook Seol, HyoJeong Kang, Seul-I. Lee, Na Eun Kim, Tae Im Kim, Sung Min Chun, Tae Won Kim, Chang Sik Yu, Young-Ah Suh, Shree Ram Singh, Suhwan Chang, and Se Jin Jang, “Development and characterization of a colon PDX model that reproduces drug responsiveness and the mutation profiles of its original tumor,” Cancer Letters, vol. 345, no. 1, pp. 56–64, 2014.
- Angela Proctor, S. Gabriela Herrera-Loeza, Qunzhao Wang, David S. Lawrence, Jen Jen Yeh, and Nancy L. Allbritton, “Measurement of Protein Kinase B Activity in Single Primary Human Pancreatic Cancer Cells,” Analytical Chemistry, pp. 140418104246005, 2014.
- Jason K. Sicklick, Stephanie Y. Leonard, Michele L. Babicky, Chih-Min Tang, Evangeline S. Mose, Randall P. French, Dawn V. Jaquish, Carl K. Hoh, Michael Peterson, Richard Schwab, and Andrew M. Lowy, “Generation of orthotopic patient-derived xenografts from gastrointestinal stromal tumor,” Journal of Translational Medicine, vol. 12, 2014.
- Esther C. W. Breij, Bart E. C. G. de Goeij, Sandra Verploegen, Danita H. Schuurhuis, Ali Amirkhosravi, John Francis, Vibeke Breinholt Miller, Mischa Houtkamp, Wim K. Bleeker, David Satijn, and Paul W. H. I. Parren, “An Antibody-Drug Conjugate That Targets Tissue Factor Exhibits Potent Therapeutic Activity against a Broad Range of Solid Tumors,” Cancer Research, vol. 74, no. 4, pp. 1214–1226, 2014.