- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 568567, 11 pages
Patient-Derived Xenografts of Non Small Cell Lung Cancer: Resurgence of an Old Model for Investigation of Modern Concepts of Tailored Therapy and Cancer Stem Cells
1Tumor Genomics Unit, Department of Experimental Oncology and Molecular Medicine, IRCCS Foundation National Cancer Institute, Via Venezian 1, 20133 Milan, Italy
2Molecular Pharmacology Unit, Department of Experimental Oncology and Molecular Medicine, IRCCS Foundation National Cancer Institute, Via Venezian 1, 20133 Milan, Italy
3Thoracic Surgery Unit, Department of Surgery, IRCCS Foundation National Cancer Institute, Via Venezian 1, 20133 Milan, Italy
Received 28 December 2011; Accepted 10 January 2012
Academic Editor: Andrea Vecchione
Copyright © 2012 Massimo Moro et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [20 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Hyang Sook Seol, Young-Ah Suh, Young-joon Ryu, Hyun Jung Kim, Sung Min Chun, Deuk Chae Na, Hiroshi Fukamachi, Seong-Yun Jeong, Eun Kyung Choi, and Se Jin Jang, “A patient-derived xenograft mouse model generated from primary cultured cells recapitulates patient tumors phenotypically and genetically,” Journal of Cancer Research and Clinical Oncology, 2013.
- Min-chul Kwon, and Anton Berns, “Mouse models for lung cancer,” Molecular Oncology, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 165–177, 2013.
- Hiroshi Suemizu, Kenji Kawai, Yuichiro Higuchi, Haruo Hashimoto, Tomoyuki Ogura, Toshio Itoh, Erika Sasaki, and Masato Nakamura, “A Versatile Technique for the In Vivo Imaging of Human Tumor Xenografts Using Near-Infrared Fluorochrome-Conjugated Macromolecule Probes,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 12, 2013.
- Seema Jamil, Isabell Hultman, Jessica Cedervall, Rouknuddin Q. Ali, Gabriel Fuchs, Bengt Gustavsson, Jurate Asmundsson, Bengt Sandstedt, Per Kogner, and Lars Ährlund-Richter, “ Tropism of the in situ growth from biopsies of childhood neuroectodermal tumors following transplantation into experimental teratoma ,” International Journal of Cancer, 2013.
- Nandini Dey, Yuliang Sun, Brian Leyland-Jones, and Pradip De, “Evolution of Tumor Model: From Animal Model of Tumor to Tumor Model in Animal,” Journal of Cancer Therapy, vol. 04, no. 09, pp. 1411–1425, 2013.
- Tinneke Denayer, Thomas Stöhr, and Maarten Van Roy, “Animal models in translational medicine: Validation and prediction,” New Horizons in Translational Medicine, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 5–11, 2014.
- Joan E. Nichols, Jean A. Niles, Stephanie P. Vega, Lissenya B. Argueta, Adriene Eastaway, and Joaquin Cortiella, “Modeling the lung: Design and development of tissue engineered macro- and micro-physiologic lung models for research use,” Experimental Biology and Medicine, vol. 239, no. 9, pp. 1135–1169, 2014.
- Marion de Jong, Jeroen Essers, and Wytske M. van Weerden, “Imaging preclinical tumour models: improving translational power,” Nature Reviews Cancer, vol. 14, no. 7, pp. 481–493, 2014.
- Edward Rosfjord, Judy Lucas, and Hans-Peter Gerber, “Advances in Patient-Derived Tumor Xenografts: From Target Identification to Predicting Clinical Response Rates in Oncology,” Biochemical Pharmacology, 2014.
- Walter F. Bodmer, “Cancer Cell Lines for Drug Discovery and Development,” Cancer Research, vol. 74, no. 9, pp. 2377–2384, 2014.
- Hyang Sook Seol, HyoJeong Kang, Seul-I. Lee, Na Eun Kim, Tae Im Kim, Sung Min Chun, Tae Won Kim, Chang Sik Yu, Young-Ah Suh, Shree Ram Singh, Suhwan Chang, and Se Jin Jang, “Development and characterization of a colon PDX model that reproduces drug responsiveness and the mutation profiles of its original tumor,” Cancer Letters, vol. 345, no. 1, pp. 56–64, 2014.
- Angela Proctor, S. Gabriela Herrera-Loeza, Qunzhao Wang, David S. Lawrence, Jen Jen Yeh, and Nancy L. Allbritton, “Measurement of Protein Kinase B Activity in Single Primary Human Pancreatic Cancer Cells,” Analytical Chemistry, pp. 140418104246005, 2014.
- Esther C. W. Breij, Bart E. C. G. de Goeij, Sandra Verploegen, Danita H. Schuurhuis, Ali Amirkhosravi, John Francis, Vibeke Breinholt Miller, Mischa Houtkamp, Wim K. Bleeker, David Satijn, and Paul W. H. I. Parren, “An Antibody-Drug Conjugate That Targets Tissue Factor Exhibits Potent Therapeutic Activity against a Broad Range of Solid Tumors,” Cancer Research, vol. 74, no. 4, pp. 1214–1226, 2014.
- Jason K. Sicklick, Stephanie Y. Leonard, Michele L. Babicky, Chih-Min Tang, Evangeline S. Mose, Randall P. French, Dawn V. Jaquish, Carl K. Hoh, Michael Peterson, Richard Schwab, and Andrew M. Lowy, “Generation of orthotopic patient-derived xenografts from gastrointestinal stromal tumor,” Journal of Translational Medicine, vol. 12, 2014.
- Francesca Ricci, Francesca Bizzaro, Marta Cesca, Federica Guffanti, Monica Ganzinelli, Alessandra Decio, Carmen Ghilardi, Patrizia Perego, Robert Fruscio, Alessandro Buda, Rodolfo Milani, Paola Ostano, Giovanna Chiorino, Maria Rosa Bani, Giovanna Damia, and Raffaella Giavazzi, “Patient-Derived Ovarian Tumor Xenografts Recapitulate Human Clinicopathology and Genetic Alterations,” Cancer Research, vol. 74, no. 23, pp. 6980–6990, 2014.
- Marius Ilie, Manoel Nunes, Lydia Blot, Véronique Hofman, Elodie Long-Mira, Catherine Butori, Eric Selva, Ana Merino-Trigo, Nicolas Vénissac, Jérôme Mouroux, Patricia Vrignaud, and Paul Hofman, “Setting up a wide panel of patient-derived tumor xenografts of non-small cell lung cancer by improving the preanalytical steps,” Cancer Medicine, 2014.
- Anders W. Ohman, Noor Hasan, and Daniela M. Dinulescu, “Advances in Tumor Screening, Imaging, and Avatar Technologies for High-Grade Serous Ovarian Cancer,” Frontiers in Oncology, vol. 4, 2014.
- Massimo Moro, Giulia Bertolini, Ugo Pastorino, Luca Roz, and Gabriella Sozzi, “Combination Treatment with All-Trans Retinoic Acid Prevents Cisplatin-Induced Enrichment of CD133+ Tumor-Initiating Cells and Reveals Heterogeneity of Cancer Stem Cell Compartment in Lung Cancer,” Journal of Thoracic Oncology, vol. 10, no. 7, pp. 1027–1036, 2015.
- G. Youssef, W. A. H. Wallace, M. P. Dagleish, C. Cousens, and D. J. Griffiths, “Ovine Pulmonary Adenocarcinoma: A Large Animal Model for Human Lung Cancer,” ILAR Journal, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 99–115, 2015.
- Maria Veronica Russo, Alice Faversani, Stefano Gatti, Dario Ricca, Alessandro Del Gobbo, Stefano Ferrero, Alessandro Palleschi, Valentina Vaira, and Silvano Bosari, “A New Mouse Avatar Model of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer,” Frontiers in Oncology, vol. 5, 2015.