- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 575471, 15 pages
Amniotic Mesenchymal Stem Cells: A New Source for Hepatocyte-Like Cells and Induction of CFTR Expression by Coculture with Cystic Fibrosis Airway Epithelial Cells
1Medical Genetics Laboratory, Fondazione IRCCS Ca' Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Via Commenda 12, 20122 Milan, Italy
2Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Foggia, c/o Ospedali Riuniti, Viale L. Pinto 1, 71122 Foggia, Italy
3Interdepartmental Center of Cytometry and Experimental Hepatology Laboratory, Fondazione IRCCS Ca' Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Via F. Sforza 35, 20122 Milan, Italy
4Cystic Fibrosis Center, Fondazione IRCCS Ca' Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Via Commenda 9, 20122 Milan, Italy
Received 15 June 2011; Revised 13 October 2011; Accepted 14 October 2011
Academic Editor: Ken-ichi Isobe
Copyright © 2012 Valentina Paracchini et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [12 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Sean V. Murphy, Anthony Atala, Graham Jenkin, Euan M. Wallace, Rebecca Lim, Philip Heraud, Marian Cholewa, Mark Le Gros, Martin D. de Jonge, Daryl L. Howard, David Paterson, and Courtney McDonald, “Human Amnion Epithelial Cells Induced to Express Functional Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane Conductance Regulator,” PLoS ONE, vol. 7, no. 9, 2012.
- N-H Kang, K-A Hwang, S U Kim, Y-B Kim, S-H Hyun, E-B Jeung, and K-C Choi, “Potential antitumor therapeutic strategies of human amniotic membrane and amniotic fluid-derived stem cells,” Cancer Gene Therapy, vol. 19, no. 8, pp. 517–522, 2012.
- Jorge S. Burns, Akmal Safwat, Giulia Grisendi, Moustapha Kassem, and Massimo Dominici, “Sarcomas as a mise en abyme of mesenchymal stem cells: Exploiting interrelationships for cell mediated anticancer therapy,” Cancer Letters, vol. 325, no. 1, pp. 1–10, 2012.
- Andrea Lindenmair, Tim Hatlapatka, Gregor Kollwig, Simone Hennerbichler, Christian Gabriel, Susanne Wolbank, Heinz Redl, and Cornelia Kasper, “Mesenchymal Stem or Stromal Cells from Amnion and Umbilical Cord Tissue and Their Potential for Clinical Applications,” Cells, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 1061–1088, 2012.
- Steven Molinski, Paul D.W. Eckford, Stan Pasyk, Saumel Ahmadi, Stephanie Chin, and Christine E. Bear, “Functional rescue of F508del-CFTR using small molecule correctors,” Frontiers in Pharmacology, vol. 3, 2012.
- Toshio Miki, and Brendan Grubbs, “Therapeutic potential of placenta-derived stem cells for liver diseases: Current status and perspectives,” Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Research, 2013.
- Thida Ong, and Bonnie W. Ramsey, “Modifying disease in cystic fibrosis,” Current Opinion in Pulmonary Medicine, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 645–651, 2013.
- Daniel J. Weiss, “Stem Cells, Cell Therapies, and Bioengineering in Lung Biology and Diseases. Comprehensive Review of the Recent Literature 2010–2012,” Annals of the American Thoracic Society, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. S45–S97, 2013.
- Annalucia Carbone, Stefano Castellani, Maria Favia, Anna Diana, Valentina Paracchini, Sante Di Gioia, Manuela Seia, Valeria Casavola, Carla Colombo, and Massimo Conese, “Correction of defective CFTR/ENaC function and tightness of cystic fibrosis airway epithelium by amniotic mesenchymal stromal (stem) cells,” Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, 2014.
- Ian Goeedert Leite Duarte, and Ivana Duval-Araujo, “Amniotic membrane as a biological dressing in infected wound healing in rabbits,” Acta Cirurgica Brasileira, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 334–339, 2014.
- Xiangyin Sha, Ye Wen, Zhiping Liu, Li Song, Juan Peng, and Lifei Xie, “Inhibition of α-Smooth Muscle Actin Expression and Migration of Pterygium Fibroblasts by Coculture with Amniotic Mesenchymal Stem Cells,” Current Eye Research, pp. 1–9, 2014.
- Nikolaos K. Paschos, Wendy E. Brown, Rajalakshmanan Eswaramoorthy, Jerry C. Hu, and Kyriacos A. Athanasiou, “Advances in tissue engineering through stem cell-based co-culture,” Journal of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, 2014.