- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 575471, 15 pages
Amniotic Mesenchymal Stem Cells: A New Source for Hepatocyte-Like Cells and Induction of CFTR Expression by Coculture with Cystic Fibrosis Airway Epithelial Cells
1Medical Genetics Laboratory, Fondazione IRCCS Ca' Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Via Commenda 12, 20122 Milan, Italy
2Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Foggia, c/o Ospedali Riuniti, Viale L. Pinto 1, 71122 Foggia, Italy
3Interdepartmental Center of Cytometry and Experimental Hepatology Laboratory, Fondazione IRCCS Ca' Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Via F. Sforza 35, 20122 Milan, Italy
4Cystic Fibrosis Center, Fondazione IRCCS Ca' Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Via Commenda 9, 20122 Milan, Italy
Received 15 June 2011; Revised 13 October 2011; Accepted 14 October 2011
Academic Editor: Ken-ichi Isobe
Copyright © 2012 Valentina Paracchini et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [3 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- N-H Kang, K-A Hwang, S U Kim, Y-B Kim, S-H Hyun, E-B Jeung, and K-C Choi, “Potential antitumor therapeutic strategies of human amniotic membrane and amniotic fluid-derived stem cells,” Cancer Gene Therapy, vol. 19, no. 8, pp. 517–522, 2012.
- Jorge S. Burns, Akmal Safwat, Giulia Grisendi, Moustapha Kassem, and Massimo Dominici, “Sarcomas as a mise en abyme of mesenchymal stem cells: Exploiting interrelationships for cell mediated anticancer therapy,” Cancer Letters, vol. 325, no. 1, pp. 1–10, 2012.
- Thida Ong, and Bonnie W. Ramsey, “Modifying disease in cystic fibrosis,” Current Opinion in Pulmonary Medicine, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 645–651, 2013.