- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 601549, 14 pages
Bone Morphogenetic Proteins in Craniofacial Surgery: Current Techniques, Clinical Experiences, and the Future of Personalized Stem Cell Therapy
1Laboratory of Craniofacial Biology and Development, Section of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Chicago Medical Center, 5841 South Maryland Avenue, MC 3079, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
2Molecular Oncology Laboratory, Department of Surgery, University of Chicago Medical Center, 5841 South Maryland Avenue, MC 3079, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Received 16 June 2012; Accepted 16 October 2012
Academic Editor: Ji Wu
Copyright © 2012 Kristofer E. Chenard et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [12 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Jonathan Z. Baskin, and Steven J. Eppell, “A selected review of the recent advances in craniomaxillofacial bone tissue engineering,” Current Opinion in Otolaryngology & Head and Neck Surgery, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 389–395, 2013.
- Risto Kontio, “Update on mandibular reconstruction,” Current Opinion in Otolaryngology & Head and Neck Surgery, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 307–315, 2014.
- Manuela Ventura, Gerben M. Franssen, Ewald Bronkhorst, Otto C. Boerman, John A. Jansen, and X. Frank Walboomers, “Monitoring the biological effect of BMP-2 release on bone healing by PET/CT,” Journal of Controlled Release, 2014.
- Pedro E. Santiago, Lindsay A. Schuster, and Daniel Levy-Bercowski, “Management of the Alveolar Cleft,” Clinics in Plastic Surgery, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 219–232, 2014.
- Randy J. Boudrieau, “Initial Experience With rhBMP-2 Delivered in a Compressive Resistant Matrix for Mandibular Reconstruction in 5 Dogs,” Veterinary Surgery, 2014.
- Manuela Ventura, Yi Sun, Sjef Cremers, Paul Borm, Zeinab T. Birgani, Pamela Habibovic, Arend Heerschap, Peter M. van der Kraan, John A. Jansen, and X. Frank Walboomers, “A theranostic agent to enhance osteogenic and magnetic resonance imaging properties of calcium phosphate cements,” Biomaterials, vol. 35, no. 7, pp. 2227–2233, 2014.
- Jennifer L. Bain, Paul P. Bonvallet, Ramzi V. Abou-Arraj, Peter Schupbach, Michael S. Reddy, and Susan L. Bellis, “Enhancement of the Regenerative Potential of Anorganic Bovine Bone Graft Utilizing a Polyglutamate-Modified BMP2 Peptide with Improved Binding to Calcium-Containing Materials,” Tissue Engineering Part A, vol. 21, no. 17-18, pp. 2426–2436, 2015.
- Chad M. Teven, Michael T. Rossi, Deana S. Shenaq, Guillermo A. Ameer, and Russell R. Reid, “Bone morphogenetic protein-9 effectively induces osteogenic differentiation of reversibly immortalized calvarial mesenchymal progenitor cells,” Genes & Diseases, 2015.
- Zeeshan Sheikh, Mohammad Ahmad Javaid, Nader Hamdan, and Raheel Hashmi, “Bone Regeneration Using Bone Morphogenetic Proteins and Various Biomaterial Carriers,” Materials, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 1778–1816, 2015.
- Emily Bates, “Ion Channels in Development and Cancer,” Annual Review of Cell and Developmental Biology, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 231–247, 2015.
- Dominika Gładysz, and Kamil K. Hozyasz, “Stem cell regenerative therapy in alveolar cleft reconstruction,” Archives of Oral Biology, vol. 60, no. 10, pp. 1517–1532, 2015.
- Marco Cicciu, Alan Scott Herford, Vecchio Giada Maria, and Ennio Bramanti, “Platelet-derived growth factor type BB and collagen matrix for soft tissue reconstruction after muco-epidermoid carcinoma removal: A possible therapeu,” Journal Of Cancer Research And Therapeutics, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 234–237, 2015.