- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 601560, 10 pages
Adult Bone Marrow: Which Stem Cells for Cellular Therapy Protocols in Neurodegenerative Disorders?
1GIGA-Neurosciences, University of Liège, 4000 Liège, Belgium
2GIGA-Development, Stem cells and Regeneative Medicine, University of Liège, 4000 Liège, Belgium
3Neurology Department, CHU, 4000 Liège, Belgium
Received 11 July 2011; Accepted 21 October 2011
Academic Editor: Ken-ichi Isobe
Copyright © 2012 Sabine Wislet-Gendebien et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Yue Huang, Cheng Chang, Jiewen Zhang, and Xiaoqun Gao, “Bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells increase dopamine synthesis in the injured striatum,” Neural Regeneration Research, vol. 7, no. 34, pp. 2653–2662, 2012.
- Stefano Cagnin, Elisa Cimetta, Carlotta Guiducci, Paolo Martini, and Gerolamo Lanfranchi, “Overview of Micro- and Nano-Technology Tools for Stem Cell Applications: Mi cropatterned and Microelectronic Devices,” Sensors, vol. 12, no. 11, pp. 15947–15982, 2012.
- Sabine Wislet-Gendebien, Bernard Rogister, Christophe Poulet, Virginie Neirinckx, Benoit Hennuy, James T. Swingland, Emerence Laudet, Lukas Sommer, Olga Shakova, and Vincent Bours, “In Vivo Tumorigenesis Was Observed after Injection of In Vitro Expanded Neural Crest Stem Cells Isolated from Adult Bone Marrow,” PLoS ONE, vol. 7, no. 10, 2012.
- Annette Schmidt, Michael Scherer, Horst Thiermann, and Dirk Steinritz, “Mesenchymal Stem Cells are highly resistant to sulfur mustard,” Chemico-Biological Interactions, 2013.
- Rui Wu, Na Wang, Min Li, Wenqiao Zang, and Yuming Xu, “Experimental study on the facilitative effects of miR-125b on the differentiation of rat bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells into neuron-like cells,” Cell Biology International, vol. 37, no. 8, pp. 812–819, 2013.
- Chunlei Tian, Xiongwei Wang, Xiaodan Wang, Lei Wang, Xuguang Wang, Shengmei Wu, and Zhixian Wan, “Autologous bone marrow mesenchymal stem cell therapy in the subacute stage of traumatic brain injury by lumbar puncture,” Experimental and Clinical Transplantation, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 176–181, 2013.
- Rui Wu, Yue Tang, Wenqiao Zang, Yuanyuan Wang, Min Li, Yuwen Du, Guoqiang Zhao, and Yuming Xu, “MicroRNA-128 regulates the differentiation of rat bone mesenchymal stem cells into neuron-like cells by Wnt signaling,” Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, vol. 387, no. 1-2, pp. 151–158, 2013.
- Virginie Neirinckx, Alice Marquet, Bernard Rogister, Cecile Coste, and Sabine Wislet-Gendebien, “Adult Bone Marrow Neural Crest Stem Cells and Mesenchymal Stem Cells Are Not Able to Replace Lost Neurons in Acute MPTP-Lesioned Mice,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 5, 2013.
- Ping Gao, Zhan-sheng Sun, Bo-min Wang, Lian-xin Li, Fu Wang, and Le-ming Mu, “Transplantation of neuron-like cells from bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells for treatment of spinal cord injury,” Chinese Journal of Tissue Engineering Research, vol. 17, no. 23, pp. 4256–4263, 2013.
- Eric Domingos Mariano, Chary Marquez Batista, Breno Jose Alencar Pires Barbosa, Suely Kazue Nagahashi Marie, Manoel Jacobsen Teixeira, Matthias Morgalla, Marcos Tatagiba, Jun Li, and Guilherme Lepski, “Current perspectives in stem cell therapy for spinal cord repair in humans: a review of work from the past 10 years,” Arquivos de Neuro-Psiquiatria, vol. 72, no. 6, pp. 451–456, 2014.