- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 623019, 11 pages
Role of Nitrative and Oxidative DNA Damage in Inflammation-Related Carcinogenesis
1Department of Environmental and Molecular Medicine, Mie University Graduate School of Medicine, Tsu, 514-8507, Japan
2Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Suzuka University of Medical Science, Suzuka, 513-8670, Japan
3Faculty of Health Science, Suzuka University of Medical Science, Suzuka, 510-0293, Japan
Received 28 July 2011; Accepted 7 October 2011
Academic Editor: Vassilis Gorgoulis
Copyright © 2012 Mariko Murata et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [51 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Li-Shu Wang, Chieh-Ti Kuo, Yi-Wen Huang, Gary D. Stoner, and John F. Lechner, “Gene-Diet Interactions on Colorectal Cancer Risk,” Current Nutrition Reports, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 132–141, 2012.
- Raynoo Thanan, Ning Ma, Katsunori Iijima, Yasuhiko Abe, Tomoyuki Koike, Tooru Shimosegawa, Somchai Pinlaor, Yusuke Hiraku, Shinji Oikawa, Mariko Murata, and Shosuke Kawanishi, “Proton pump inhibitors suppress iNOS-dependent DNA damage in Barrett’s esophagus by increasing Mn-SOD expression,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 421, no. 2, pp. 280–285, 2012.
- Saba Haq, Shadan Ali, Ramzi Mohammad, and Fazlul H. Sarkar, “The complexities of epidemiology and prevention of gastrointestinal cancers,” International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 13, no. 10, pp. 12556–12572, 2012.
- Sandro M. Hirabara, Renata Gorjão, Marco A. Vinolo, Alice C. Rodrigues, Renato T. Nachbar, and Rui Curi, “Molecular Targets Related to Inflammation and Insulin Resistance and Potential Interventions,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2012, pp. 1–16, 2012.
- Raynoo Thanan, Chawalit Pairojkul, Somchai Pinlaor, Narong Khuntikeo, Chaisiri Wongkham, Banchob Sripa, Ning Ma, Kulthida Vaeteewoottacharn, Ayako Furukawa, Hatasu Kobayashi, Yusuke Hiraku, Shinji Oikawa, Shosuke Kawanishi, Puangrat Yongvanit, and Mariko Murata, “Inflammation-related DNA damage and expression of CD133 and Oct3/4 in cholangiocarcinoma patients with poor prognosis,” Free Radical Biology and Medicine, 2013.
- Karem H. Alzoubi, Omar F. Khabour, Aya G. Jaber, Sayer I. Al-azzam, Nizar M. Mhaidat, and Majed M. Masadeh, “Tempol prevents genotoxicity induced by vorinostat: role of oxidative DNA damage,” Cytotechnology, 2013.
- Moustafa Fathy, and Toshio Nikaido, “In vivo modulation of iNOS pathway in hepatocellular carcinoma by Nigella sativa,” Environmental Health and Preventive Medicine, 2013.
- Barbara G. Schneider, and Richard M. Peek Jr., “Gastric cancer prevention by demethylation,” Cancer Prevention Research, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 253–256, 2013.
- Kazutetsu Aoshiba, Takao Tsuji, Kazuhiro Yamaguchi, Masayuki Itoh, and Hiroyuki Nakamura, “The danger signal plus DNA damage two-hit hypothesis for chronic inflammation in COPD,” European Respiratory Journal, vol. 42, no. 6, pp. 1689–1695, 2013.
- Susumu Saigusa, Toshimitsu Araki, Koji Tanaka, Kiyoshi Hashimoto, Yoshiki Okita, Hiroyuki Fujikawa, Yoshinaga Okugawa, Yuji Toiyama, Yasuhiro Inoue, Keiichi Uchida, Yasuhiko Mohri, and Masato Kusunoki, “Identification of Patients With Developing Ulcerative Colitis-associated Neoplasia by Nitrative DNA Damage Marker 8-Nitroguanin Expression in Rectal Mucosa,” Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology, vol. 47, no. 9, pp. E80–E86, 2013.
- Wannit Tongkao-on, Clare Gordon-Thomson, Katie M. Dixon, Eric J. Song, Tan Luu, Sally E. Carter, Vanessa B. Sequeira, Vivienne E. Reeve, and Rebecca S. Mason, “Novel vitamin D compounds and skin cancer prevention,” Dermato-Endocrinology, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 20–33, 2013.
- Shiho Ohnishi, Ning Ma, Raynoo Thanan, Somchai Pinlaor, Olfat Hammam, and Mariko Murata, “DNA Damage in Inflammation-Related Carcinogenesis and Cancer Stem Cells,” Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, 2013.
- Mohammed Mahmoud, Safinaz El-Tokhy, Dalia El-Lebedy, Mohammed Abu Elfotouh, and Ghada H. El-Arabi, “Peripheral blood lymphocytes' DNA damage in different treatment outcomes of chronic viral C hepatitis genotype 4 infection,” Journal of Medical Sciences (Faisalabad), vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 353–359, 2013.
- Cai Bowen, Jeong-Ho Ju, Ji-Hoon Lee, TanyaT. Paull, and EdwardP. Gelmann, “Functional activation of ATM by the prostate cancer suppressor NKX3.1,” Cell Reports, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 516–529, 2013.
- Mark D Sides, Meredith L Sosulski, Fayong Luo, Zhen Lin, Erik K Flemington, and Joseph A Lasky, “Co-treatment with arsenic trioxide and ganciclovir reduces tumor volume in a murine xenograft model of nasopharyngeal carcinoma,” Virology Journal, vol. 10, 2013.
- Masatoshi Kudo, “Oxidative Stress and Epigenetic Instability in Human Hepatocarcinogenesis,” Digestive Diseases, vol. 31, no. 5-6, pp. 447–453, 2013.
- P Basil, Q Li, E L Dempster, J Mill, P-C Sham, C C Y Wong, and G M McAlonan, “Prenatal maternal immune activation causes epigenetic differences in adolescent mouse brain,” Translational Psychiatry, vol. 4, no. 9, pp. e434, 2014.
- O.R. Molehin, S.A. Adefegha, G. Oboh, J.A. Saliu, M.L. Athayde, and A.A. Boligon, “ Comparative Study on the Phenolic Content, Antioxidant Properties and HPLC Fingerprinting of Three Varieties of C elosia Species ,” Journal of Food Biochemistry, 2014.
- Katsuhiro Hanada, and Yoshio Yamaoka, “Genetic battle between Helicobacter pylori and humans. The mechanism underlying homologous recombination in bacteria, which can infect human cells,” Microbes and Infection, 2014.
- Shih-Han Hung, Po-Yueh Chen, Herng-Ching Lin, Jonathan Ting, and Shiu-Dong Chung, “Association of Rhinosinusitis With Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma: A Population-Based Study,” Laryngoscope, vol. 124, no. 7, pp. 1515–1520, 2014.
- Kevin Lamote, Kristiaan Nackaerts, and Jan P. van Meerbeeck, “Strengths, Weaknesses, and Opportunities of Diagnostic Breathomics in Pleural Mesothelioma-A Hypothesis,” Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers & Prevention, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 898–908, 2014.
- Ayumi Yamamoto, Kana Nakashima, Saori Kawamorita, Atena Sugiyama, Masanori Miura, Yoshihiro Kamitai, and Yoji Kato, “Protective effects of raw and cooked blackcurrant extract on DNA damage induced by hydrogen peroxide in human lymphoblastoid cells,” Pharmaceutical Biology, vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 782–788, 2014.
- Katsuhiro Hanada, and David Y Graham, “ Helicobacter pylori and the molecular pathogenesis of intestinal-type gastric carcinoma ,” Expert Review of Anticancer Therapy, pp. 1–8, 2014.
- Bryndon J. Oleson, Katarzyna A. Broniowska, Katherine H. Schreiber, and Vera L. Tarakanova, “Nitric Oxide Induces Ataxia Telangiectasia Mutated ( ATM) Protein-dependent gamma H2AX Protein Formation in Pancreatic beta Cells,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 289, no. 16, pp. 11454–11464, 2014.
- Katerina Oikonomopoulou, Davor Brinc, Andreas Hadjisavvas, Georgios Christofi, Kyriacos Kyriacou, and Eleftherios P. Diamandis, “The bifacial role of helminths in cancer: Involvement of immune and non-immune mechanisms,” Critical Reviews in Clinical Laboratory Sciences, pp. 1–11, 2014.
- Shereen M. Shawki, Safa S. Meshaal, Aliaa S. El Dash, Naglaa A. Zayed, and Mariam Onsy F. Hanna, “Increased DNA Damage in Hepatitis C Virus-Related Hepatocellular Carcinoma,” Dna and Cell Biology, vol. 33, no. 12, pp. 884–890, 2014.
- Zhi Wang, Qiu-Lian Liu, Wu Sun, Chun-Jing Yang, Lei Tang, Xian Zhang, and Xiao-Ming Zhong, “Genetic polymorphisms in inflammatory response genes and their associations with breast cancer risk,” Croatian Medical Journal, vol. 55, no. 6, pp. 638–646, 2014.
- Sayori Wada, Yuzuru Matsushita, Hiroshi Tazawa, Wataru Aoi, Yuji Naito, Akane Higashi, Hiroshi Ohshima, and Toshikazu Yoshikawa, “Loss of p53 in stromal fibroblasts enhances tumor cell proliferation through nitric oxide-mediated cyclooxygenase 2 activation,” Free Radical Research, pp. 1–45, 2014.
- Marianna De Colli, Susi Zara, Viviana di Giacomo, Antonia Patruno, Guya Diletta Marconi, Marialucia Gallorini, Vincenzo Luca Zizzari, Giulia Tetè, and Amelia Cataldi, “Nitric oxide-mediated cytotoxic effect induced by zoledronic acid treatment on human gingival fibroblasts,” Clinical Oral Investigations, 2014.
- Shiu-Dong Chung, Chuan-Song Wu, Herng-Ching Lin, and Shih-Han Hung, “Association between allergic rhinitis and nasopharyngeal carcinoma: A population-based study,” The Laryngoscope, 2014.
- Hiroto Izumi, and Yasuo Morimoto, “Physicochemical Properties and Factors that Induce Asbestos-Related Respiratory Disease,” KONA Powder and Particle Journal, vol. 31, no. 0, pp. 126–134, 2014.
- Chakkaphan Khenjanta, Raynoo Thanan, Apinya Jusakul, Anchalee Techasen, Wassana Jamnongkan, Nisana Namwat, Watcharin Loilome, Chawalit Pairojkul, and Puangrat Yongvanit, “Association of CYP39A1, RUNX2 and Oxidized Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Expression in Relation to Cholangiocarcinoma Progression,” Asian Pacific Journal Of Cancer Prevention, vol. 15, no. 23, pp. 10187–10192, 2014.
- Glauben Landskron, Marjorie De la Fuente, Peti Thuwajit, Chanitra Thuwajit, and Marcela A. Hermoso, “Chronic Inflammation and Cytokines in the Tumor Microenvironment,” Journal of Immunology Research, vol. 2014, pp. 1–19, 2014.
- Dingzhi Wang, and Raymond N. DuBois, “Immunosuppression associated with chronic inflammation in the tumor microenvironment,” Carcinogenesis, pp. bgv123, 2015.
- Fernanda M.F. Roleira, Elisiário J. Tavares-da-Silva, Carla L. Varela, Saul C. Costa, Tiago Silva, Jorge Garrido, and Fernanda Borges, “Plant derived and dietary phenolic antioxidants: Anticancer properties,” Food Chemistry, vol. 183, pp. 235–258, 2015.
- Takamitsu Sasaki, Yuichi Yamashita, and Hiroki Kuniyasu, “AKT plays a crucial role in gastric cancer (Review),” Oncology Letters, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 607–611, 2015.
- Chih-Cheng Chang, Ting-Lieh Hsieh, Tung-Yu Tiong, Chi-Hao Hsiao, Andrea Tung-Qian Ji, Wei-Tse Hsu, Oscar K. Lee, and Jennifer H. Ho, “Regulation of metastatic ability and drug resistance in pulmonary adenocarcinoma by matrix rigidity via activating c-Met and EGFR,” Biomaterials, vol. 60, pp. 141–150, 2015.
- Prasert Saichua, Anna Yakovleva, Christine Kamamia, Amar R. Jariwala, Jiraporn Sithithaworn, Banchob Sripa, Paul J. Brindley, Thewarach Laha, Eimorn Mairiang, Chawalit Pairojkul, Narong Khuntikeo, Jason Mulvenna, Paiboon Sithithaworn, and Jeffrey M. Bethony, “Levels of 8-OxodG Predict Hepatobiliary Pathology in Opisthorchis viverrini Endemic Settings in Thailand,” Plos Neglected Tropical Diseases, vol. 9, no. 7, 2015.
- Raynoo Thanan, Anchalee Techasen, Bo Hou, Wassana Jamnongkan, Napat Armartmuntree, Puangrat Yongvanit, and Mariko Murata, “Development and characterization of a hydrogen peroxide–resistant cholangiocyte cell line: A novel model of oxidative stress–related cholangiocarcinoma genesis,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, 2015.
- Sarit Anavi, Michal Eisenberg-Bord, Michal Hahn-Obercyger, Olga Genin, Mark Pines, and Oren Tirosh, “The role of iNOS in cholesterol-induced liver fibrosis,” Laboratory Investigation, 2015.
- Roberta M. Manzat-Saplacan, Petru A. Mircea, Loredana Balacescu, Romeo I. Chira, Ioana Berindan-Neagoe, and Ovidiu Balacescu, “Can we change our microbiome to prevent colorectal cancer development?,” Acta Oncologica, pp. 1–11, 2015.
- Chiu-Li Kao, Joshua Cho, Ya-Zhe Lee, Yuan-Bin Cheng, Chih-Yen Chien, Chung-Feng Hwang, Yi-Ren Hong, Chao-Neng Tseng, and Chung-Lung Cho, “Ethanolic Extracts of Pluchea indica Induce Apoptosis and Antiproliferation Effects in Human Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma Cells,” Molecules, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 11508–11523, 2015.
- Daniel Demeyer, Birgit Mertens, Stefaan De Smet, and Michèle Ulens, “Mechanisms Linking Colorectal Cancer to the Consumption of (Processed) Red Meat: A Review,” Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, pp. 00–00, 2015.
- Mu-Rong Chao, Yu-Wen Hsu, Hung-Hsin Liu, Jia-Hong Lin, and Chiung-Wen Hu, “Simultaneous Detection of 3-Nitrotyrosine and 3-Nitro-4-hydroxyphenylacetic Acid in Human Urine by Online SPE LC–MS/MS and Their Association with Oxidative and Methylated DNA Lesions,” Chemical Research in Toxicology, pp. 150331132546007, 2015.
- Hongbin Zhou, Wen Hua, Yan Jin, Chao Zhang, Luanqing Che, Lixia Xia, Jiesen Zhou, Zhihua Chen, Wen Li, and Huahao Shen, “Tc17 cells are associated with cigarette smoke-induced lung inflammation and emphysema,” Respirology, 2015.
- Le T.T. Thuy, Yoshinari Matsumoto, Tuong T. Van Thuy, Hoang Hai, Maito Suoh, Yuka Urahara, Hiroyuki Motoyama, Hideki Fujii, Akihiro Tamori, Shoji Kubo, Shigekazu Takemura, Takashi Morita, Katsutoshi Yoshizato, and Norifumi Kawada, “Cytoglobin Deficiency Promotes Liver Cancer Development from Hepatosteatosis through Activation of the Oxidative Stress Pathway,” The American Journal of Pathology, 2015.
- Brian Thomas Joyce, Tao Gao, Lei Liu, Yinan Zheng, Siran Liu, Wei Zhang, Frank Penedo, Qi Dai, Joel Schwartz, Andrea A. Baccarelli, and Lifang Hou, “Longitudinal Study of DNA Methylation of Inflammatory Genes and Cancer Risk,” Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers & Prevention, vol. 24, no. 10, pp. 1531–1538, 2015.
- A.Pavani Sowjanya, Meera Rao, Haripriya Vedantham, Basany Kalpana, Usha Rani Poli, Morgan Marks, and M. Sujatha, “Correlation of plasma nitrite/nitrate levels and inducible nitric oxide gene expression among women with cervical abnormalities and cancer,” Nitric Oxide, 2015.
- Armanda Pugnaloni, Guendalina Lucarini, Corrado Rubini, Arianna Smorlesi, Marco Tomasetti, Elisabetta Strafella, Tatiana Armeni, and Alessandro F. Gualtieri, “Raw and thermally treated cement asbestos exerts different cytotoxicity effects on A549 cells in vitro,” Acta Histochemica, vol. 117, no. 1, pp. 29–39, 2015.
- Raynoo Thanan, Shinji Oikawa, Yusuke Hiraku, Shiho Ohnishi, Ning Ma, Somchai Pinlaor, Puangrat Yongvanit, Shosuke Kawanishi, and Mariko Murata, “Oxidative Stress and Its Significant Roles in Neurodegenerative Diseases and Cancer,” International Journal Of Molecular Sciences, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 193–217, 2015.
- Anna Maria Mileo, and Stefania Miccadei, “Polyphenols as Modulator of Oxidative Stress in Cancer Disease: New Therapeutic Strategies,” Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, vol. 2016, pp. 1–17, 2016.