- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 623019, 11 pages
Role of Nitrative and Oxidative DNA Damage in Inflammation-Related Carcinogenesis
1Department of Environmental and Molecular Medicine, Mie University Graduate School of Medicine, Tsu, 514-8507, Japan
2Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Suzuka University of Medical Science, Suzuka, 513-8670, Japan
3Faculty of Health Science, Suzuka University of Medical Science, Suzuka, 510-0293, Japan
Received 28 July 2011; Accepted 7 October 2011
Academic Editor: Vassilis Gorgoulis
Copyright © 2012 Mariko Murata et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [18 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Li-Shu Wang, Chieh-Ti Kuo, Yi-Wen Huang, Gary D. Stoner, and John F. Lechner, “Gene-Diet Interactions on Colorectal Cancer Risk,” Current Nutrition Reports, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 132–141, 2012.
- Raynoo Thanan, Ning Ma, Katsunori Iijima, Yasuhiko Abe, Tomoyuki Koike, Tooru Shimosegawa, Somchai Pinlaor, Yusuke Hiraku, Shinji Oikawa, Mariko Murata, and Shosuke Kawanishi, “Proton pump inhibitors suppress iNOS-dependent DNA damage in Barrett’s esophagus by increasing Mn-SOD expression,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 421, no. 2, pp. 280–285, 2012.
- Saba Haq, Shadan Ali, Ramzi Mohammad, and Fazlul H. Sarkar, “The complexities of epidemiology and prevention of gastrointestinal cancers,” International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 13, no. 10, pp. 12556–12572, 2012.
- Sandro M. Hirabara, Renata Gorjão, Marco A. Vinolo, Alice C. Rodrigues, Renato T. Nachbar, and Rui Curi, “Molecular Targets Related to Inflammation and Insulin Resistance and Potential Interventions,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2012, pp. 1–16, 2012.
- Raynoo Thanan, Chawalit Pairojkul, Somchai Pinlaor, Narong Khuntikeo, Chaisiri Wongkham, Banchob Sripa, Ning Ma, Kulthida Vaeteewoottacharn, Ayako Furukawa, Hatasu Kobayashi, Yusuke Hiraku, Shinji Oikawa, Shosuke Kawanishi, Puangrat Yongvanit, and Mariko Murata, “Inflammation-related DNA damage and expression of CD133 and Oct3/4 in cholangiocarcinoma patients with poor prognosis,” Free Radical Biology and Medicine, 2013.
- Karem H. Alzoubi, Omar F. Khabour, Aya G. Jaber, Sayer I. Al-azzam, Nizar M. Mhaidat, and Majed M. Masadeh, “Tempol prevents genotoxicity induced by vorinostat: role of oxidative DNA damage,” Cytotechnology, 2013.
- Moustafa Fathy, and Toshio Nikaido, “In vivo modulation of iNOS pathway in hepatocellular carcinoma by Nigella sativa,” Environmental Health and Preventive Medicine, 2013.
- Barbara G. Schneider, and Richard M. Peek Jr., “Gastric cancer prevention by demethylation,” Cancer Prevention Research, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 253–256, 2013.
- Takao Tsuji, Kazuhiro Yamaguchi, Masayuki Itoh, and Hiroyuki Nakamura, “The danger signal plus DNA damage two-hit hypothesis for chronic inflammati on in COPD,” European Respiratory Journal, vol. 42, no. 6, pp. 1689–1695, 2013.
- Toshimitsu Araki, Koji Tanaka, Kiyoshi Hashimoto, Yoshiki Okita, Hiroyuki Fujikawa, Yoshinaga Okugawa, Yuji Toiyama, Yasuhiro Inoue, Keiichi Uchida, Yasuhiko Mohri, and Masato Kusunoki, “Identification of Patients With Developing Ulcerative Colitis-associated Ne oplasia by Nitrative DNA Damage Marker 8-Nitroguanin Expression in Rectal M ucosa,” Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology, vol. 47, no. 9, pp. E80–E86, 2013.
- Wannit Tongkao-on, Clare Gordon-Thomson, Katie M. Dixon, Eric J. Song, Tan Luu, Sally E. Carter, Vanessa B. Sequeira, Vivienne E. Reeve, and Rebecca S. Mason, “Novel vitamin D compounds and skin cancer prevention,” Dermato-Endocrinology, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 20–33, 2013.
- Mohammed Mahmoud, Safinaz El-Tokhy, Dalia El-Lebedy, Mohammed Abu Elfotouh, and Ghada H. El-Arabi, “Peripheral blood lymphocytes' DNA damage in different treatment outcomes of chronic viral C hepatitis genotype 4 infection,” Journal of Medical Sciences (Faisalabad), vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 353–359, 2013.
- Mark D Sides, Meredith L Sosulski, Fayong Luo, Zhen Lin, Erik K Flemington, and Joseph A Lasky, “Co-treatment with arsenic trioxide and ganciclovir reduces tumor volume in a murine xenograft model of nasopharyngeal carcinoma,” Virology Journal, vol. 10, 2013.
- Masatoshi Kudo, “Oxidative Stress and Epigenetic Instability in Human Hepatocarcinogenesis,” Digestive Diseases, vol. 31, no. 5-6, pp. 447–453, 2013.
- Shiho Ohnishi, Ning Ma, Raynoo Thanan, Somchai Pinlaor, Olfat Hammam, and Mariko Murata, “DNA Damage in Inflammation-Related Carcinogenesis and Cancer Stem Cells,” Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, 2013.
- Cai Bowen, Jeong-Ho Ju, Ji-Hoon Lee, TanyaT. Paull, and EdwardP. Gelmann, “Functional activation of ATM by the prostate cancer suppressor NKX3.1,” Cell Reports, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 516–529, 2013.
- Shiu-Dong Chung, Chuan-Song Wu, Herng-Ching Lin, and Shih-Han Hung, “Association between allergic rhinitis and nasopharyngeal carcinoma: A population-based study,” The Laryngoscope, 2014.
- Hiroto Izumi, and Yasuo Morimoto, “Physicochemical Properties and Factors that Induce Asbestos-Related Respiratory Disease,” KONA Powder and Particle Journal, vol. 31, no. 0, pp. 126–134, 2014.