- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 626148, 14 pages
Influence of Skin Diseases on Fingerprint Recognition
1Faculty of Information Technology, Brno University of Technology, Bozetechova 2, 61266 Brno, Czech Republic
2Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, Palacký University and Faculty Hospital, I. P. Pavlova 6, 77520 Olomouc, Czech Republic
3Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University, Komenského náměstí 2, 66243 Brno, Czech Republic
4Department of Multimedia Engineering, Hannam University, 133 Ojeong-dong, Daedeok-gu, Daejeon 306791, Republic of Korea
Received 25 February 2012; Accepted 26 February 2012
Academic Editor: Sabah Mohammed
Copyright © 2012 Martin Drahansky et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- “Evaluation of Fingerprint Recognition Technologies - BioFinger,” Public Final Report, version 1.1, Bundesamt für Sicherheit in der Informationstechnik, p. 122, 2004.
- A. K. Jain, P. Flynn, and A. A. Ross, Handbook of Biometrics, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2008.
- R. M. Bolle, J. H. Connell, S. Pankanti, N. K. Ratha, and A. W. Senior, Guide to Biometrics, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2004.
- W. D. James, T. G. Berger, and D. M. Elston, Andrew’s Diseases of the Skin—Clinical Dermatology, Elsevier Saunders, Ontario, Canada, 10th edition, 2006.
- T. P. Habif, Clinical Dermatology, Mosby, Hong Kong, China, 4th edition, 2004.
- “The Science of the Skin,” http://www.naturalrussia.com/natural/skin/structure.html.
- M. Drahanský, E. Březinová, D. Lodrová, and F. Orság, “Fingerprint recognition influenced by skin diseases,” International Journal of Bio-Science and Bio-Technology, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 11–22, 2010.
- E. Březinová, M. Drahanský, and F. Orság, “Dermatologic diseases and fingerprint recognition,” in Database Theory and Application, Bio-Science and Bio-Technology 2010, pp. 251–257, Springer, Berlin, Germnay, 2010.
- K. Wolff, R. A. Johnson, and D. Suurmond, Fitzpatrick’s Color Atlas and Synopsis of Clinical Dermatology, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 5th edition, 2005.
- J. Štork, et al., Dermatovenerologie, Galén, Prague, Czech Republic, 2008.
- O. Braun-Falco, G. Plewig, H. H. Wolff, and W. H. C. Burgdorf, Eds., Dermatology, Springer, Heidelberg, Germany, 2nd edition, 2000.
- W. L. Weston, A. T. Lane, and J. G. Morelli,, Color Textbook of Pediatric Dermatology, Mosby Elsevier, Hong Kong, China, 2007.
- I. Jafar and H. Ying, “New algorithms for contrast enhancement in grayscale images based on the variational definition of histogram equalization,” Integrated Computer-Aided Engineering, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 131–147, 2008.
- A. A. Mohammed, R. Minhas, Q. M. J. Wu, and M. A. Sid-Ahmed, “An efficient fingerprint image compression technique based on wave atoms decomposition and multistage vector quantization,” Integrated Computer-Aided Engineering, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 29–40, 2010.
- H. Lee, E. Kim, and M. Park, “A genetic feature weighting scheme for pattern recognition,” Integrated Computer-Aided Engineering, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 161–171, 2007.
- M. Drahanský, Fingerprint recognition technology: liveness detection, image quality and skin diseases, Habilitation thesis, Brno, Czech Republic, 2010.
- D. Neumann, R. Eckmiller, and O. Baruth, “Combination of biometric data and learning algorithms for both generation and application of a secure communication link,” Integrated Computer-Aided Engineering, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 345–353, 2007.