- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 672760, 9 pages
Therapeutic Strategies Based on Polymeric Microparticles
1Center for Integrative Medicine and Innovative Science (CIMIS), Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Andrés Bello, Santiago, Echaurren 183, 8370071 Santiago, Chile
2Center for the Development of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (CEDENNA), Avenida Ecuador 3493, 9170124 Santiago, Chile
Received 14 December 2011; Revised 28 February 2012; Accepted 13 March 2012
Academic Editor: Soldano Ferrone
Copyright © 2012 C. Vilos and L. A. Velasquez. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Cristian Vilos, Luis Constandil, Natalia Herrera, Paula Solar, Jorge Escobar-Fica, and Luis Alberto Velasquez, “Ceftiofur-loaded PHBV microparticles: A potential formulation for a long-ac ting antibiotic to treat animal infections,” Electronic Journal of Biotechnology, vol. 15, no. 4, 2012.
- Marlen Gutierrez, Roberto A. Escobar, Francisco Morales, Juliano C. Denardin, Luis Velasquez, and Dora Altbir, “Superparamagnetic Poly (3-hydroxybutyrate-co-3 hydroxyvalerate) (PHBV) nano particles for biomedical applications,” Electronic Journal of Biotechnology, vol. 16, no. 5, 2013.
- Cristian Vilos, Pamela A. Gonzalez, Sumie Kato, Mauricio A. Cuello, Catalina Alonso, Erasmo J. Bravo, Eva I. Bustamante, Gareth I. Owen, Luis A. Velasquez, Francisco A. Morales, Paula A. Solar, Natalia S. Herrera, Fernando D. Gonzalez-Nilo, Daniel A. Aguayo, Hegaly L. Mendoza, Jeffrey Comer, and Maria L. Bravo, “Paclitaxel-PHBV nanoparticles and their toxicity to endometrial and primary ovarian cancer cells,” Biomaterials, vol. 34, no. 16, pp. 4098–4108, 2013.
- Viorel Simion, Daniela Stan, Ana-Maria Gan, Monica Madalina Pirvulescu, Elena Butoi, Ileana Manduteanu, Mariana Deleanu, Eugen Andrei, Anamaria Durdureanu-Angheluta, Marian Bota, Marius Enachescu, Manuela Calin, and Maya Simionescu, “Development of curcumin-loaded poly(hydroxybutyrate-co-hydroxyvalerate) nanoparticles as anti-inflammatory carriers to human-activated endothelial cells,” Journal of Nanoparticle Research, vol. 15, no. 12, 2013.
- Yimin Song, Zheng Wei, Chun Song, Shanshan Xie, Jinfa Feng, Jiehou Fan, Zengling Zhang, and Yubo Shi, “Simulated Microgravity Combined with Polyglycolic Acid Scaffold Culture Conditions Improves the Function of Pancreatic Islets,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–7, 2013.
- Loreana Lacerda, Alexandre Luis Parize, Valfredo Fávere, Mauro Cesar Marghetti Laranjeira, and Hellen Karine Stulzer, “Development and evaluation of pH-sensitive sodium alginate/chitosan microparticles containing the antituberculosis drug rifampicin,” Materials Science and Engineering: C, 2014.