- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 692609, 11 pages
Animal Models of Glaucoma
1Department of Ophthalmology, Summa Health System, Akron, OH 44304, USA
2Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21210, USA
3Research Department, King Khaled Eye Specialist Hospital, P.O. Box 7191, Riyadh 11462, Saudi Arabia
Received 16 January 2012; Revised 27 February 2012; Accepted 29 February 2012
Academic Editor: Monica Fedele
Copyright © 2012 Rachida A. Bouhenni et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [16 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Ankur Gupta, “Leptin as a Neuroprotective agent in Glaucoma,” Medical Hypotheses, 2013.
- K Namekata, A Kimura, K Kawamura, X Guo, C Harada, K Tanaka, and T Harada, “Dock3 attenuates neural cell death due to NMDA neurotoxicity and oxidative stress in a mouse model of normal tension glaucoma,” Cell Death and Differentiation, 2013.
- Mike O. Karl, “The potential of stem cell research for the treatment of neuronal damage in glaucoma,” Cell and Tissue Research, 2013.
- Caroline J. Zeiss, “Translational models of ocular disease,” Veterinary Ophthalmology, vol. 16, pp. 15–33, 2013.
- LaKisha K. Buie, Md. Zahidul Karim, Matthew H. Smith, and Teresa Borrás, “Development of a model of elevated intraocular pressure in rats by gene transfer of bone morphogenetic protein 2,” Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science, vol. 54, no. 8, pp. 5441–5455, 2013.
- Ying Hu, Hai Bo Tan, Xin Mei Wang, Hua Rong, Hong Ping Cui, and Hao Cui, “Bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells protect against retinal ganglion cell loss in aged rats with glaucoma,” Clinical Interventions in Aging, vol. 8, pp. 1467–1470, 2013.
- Chang Tan, Tu Hu, Ming-chao Peng, Shu-li Liu, Jian-bin Tong, Wen Ouyang, and Yuan Le, “Age of Rats Seriously Affects the Degree of Retinal Damage Induced by Acute High Intraocular Pressure,” Current Eye Research, pp. 1–7, 2014.
- L. Ramm, S. Jentsch, S. Peters, R. Augsten, and M. Hammer, “Investigation of blood flow regulation and oxygen saturation of the retinal vessels in primary open-angle glaucoma,” Graefe's Archive for Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology, 2014.
- K Semba, K Namekata, X Guo, C Harada, T Harada, and Y Mitamura, “Renin–angiotensin system regulates neurodegeneration in a mouse model of normal tension glaucoma,” Cell Death and Disease, vol. 5, no. 7, pp. e1333, 2014.
- Cula N. Dautriche, Yubing Xie, and Susan T. Sharfstein, “Walking through Trabecular Meshwork Biology: Towards Engineering Design of Outflow Physiology,” Biotechnology Advances, 2014.
- Hamidreza Riazifar, Yousheng Jia, Jing Chen, Gary Lynch, and Taosheng Huang, “Chemically Induced Specification of Retinal Ganglion Cells From Human Embryonic and Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells,” Stem Cells Translational Medicine, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 424–432, 2014.
- Lies De Groef, Inge Van Hove, Eline Dekeyster, Ingeborg Stalmans, and Lieve Moons, “MMPs in the Neuroretina and Optic Nerve: Modulators of Glaucoma Pathogenesis and Repair?,” Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 1953–1964, 2014.
- Sara McNally, and Colm J. O’Brien, “Drug discovery in glaucoma and the role of animal models,” Drug Discovery Today: Disease Models, 2014.
- Marcus Karlstetter, Rebecca Scholz, Matt Rutar, Wai T. Wong, Jan M. Provis, and Thomas Langmann, “Retinal Microglia: Just Bystander or Target for Therapy ?,” Progress in Retinal and Eye Research, 2014.
- Oliver W. Gramlich, Theresa C. S. Lueckner, Maren Kriechbaum, Julia Teister, Xue Tao, Harald D. von Pein, Norbert Pfeiffer, and Franz H. Grus, “Dynamics, Alterations, and Consequences of Minimally Invasive Intraocular Pressure Elevation in Rats,” Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 600–611, 2014.
- Wenwen Wang, Guowei Zhang, Hui Gu, Ye Liu, Jifeng Lao, Kuifang Li, and Huaijin Guan, “Role of CtBP2 in the Apoptosis of Retinal Ganglion Cells,” Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology, 2015.